2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U-Ace 3D Floor Liners KAGU

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
check the other thread about the gas pedal not going all the way down when wot.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM
this will fit the 2004 model? This looks amazing! but I'm in Australia though:/

Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 PM
looks great, but the fact that the gas pedal doesn't go all the way kind of concerns me.... The fact that this should be a molded carpet and not fitting correctly may be a daeal breaker for me. But it is cheaper than the weathertechs.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
been using the Aries' mat all winter. so far coverage has been great. and yes, there is a flaw with the design as i noted on the other tread about the throttle pedal not going all the way down to the floor without making slits in the mats themselves. i really dont care about cutting them so just went ahead with the improvement.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
was wondering why i cudnt WOT, now i know.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Becareful cutting the kagu mats, the layers might start to separate. I have the kagu in the back and weather techs digi liners up front. Good stuff.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Adding this warranty denial information to my 3D floor liner thread as well.

I was one of the first to purchase the 3D liners and was a big fan of this product and recommended many here to consider these liners. I just tried to warranty my driver's side liner again. The first liner had the separation issue mentioned earlier in this thread and that a few experienced. Warranty replacement was smooth, with return label included.

I was cleaning the replacement liner yesterday and noticed that it was seeping at the seam in front of the heal pad. I've attached pictures. As you can see in the close up picture the white material under the rigid rubber is exposed. When cleaning it with water, it seeps at that seam.

I contacted U-ACE direct and was told the pictures I sent them would have to be reviewed by their parts manager. I received an e-mail today stating that the parts manager does not consider this a warranty issue. I have no idea how a seam separating isn't a warranty issue. They also have changed their policy and no longer provide a return label for the defective product. Maybe this change was due to multiple returns?

I have a call into Joe, at Auto Distributor direct. I'm going to give him a chance to correct the warranty denial by U-ACE.

In the meantime, I can say that U-ACE direct does not stand behind their product. I strongly recommend you consider my experience when making a decision to purchase 3D liners for your Fit. If a company offers a 3 year warranty and they won't honor their own warranty, what's the point of even having a warranty?

This was definitely a poor warranty service experience.

Name:  imagejpg1_zpsc1a9fc60.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  121.5 KB
Name:  imagejpg2_zps7fc97709.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  118.1 KB

Old 04-08-2014, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Adding this warranty denial information to my 3D floor liner thread as well.

I was one of the first to purchase the 3D liners and was a big fan of this product and recommended many here to consider these liners. I just tried to warranty my driver's side liner again. The first liner had the separation issue mentioned earlier in this thread and that a few experienced. Warranty replacement was smooth, with return label included.

I was cleaning the replacement liner yesterday and noticed that it was seeping at the seam in front of the heal pad. I've attached pictures. As you can see in the close up picture the white material under the rigid rubber is exposed. When cleaning it with water, it seeps at that seam.

I contacted U-ACE direct and was told the pictures I sent them would have to be reviewed by their parts manager. I received an e-mail today stating that the parts manager does not consider this a warranty issue. I have no idea how a seam separating isn't a warranty issue. They also have changed their policy and no longer provide a return label for the defective product. Maybe this change was due to multiple returns?

I have a call into Joe, at Auto Distributor direct. I'm going to give him a chance to correct the warranty denial by U-ACE.

In the meantime, I can say that U-ACE direct does not stand behind their product. I strongly recommend you consider my experience when making a decision to purchase 3D liners for your Fit. If a company offers a 3 year warranty and they won't honor their own warranty, what's the point of even having a warranty?

This was definitely a poor warranty service experience.
With all due respect, I wonder if you are asking a little too much. Looks like a spot on the mat where it was subjected to normal wear and you pouring water into it expecting to be water-tight, may be a little over-the-top.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StinklePink
With all due respect, I wonder if you are asking a little too much. Looks like a spot wear the mat experienced normal wear and you pouring water into it to be water-tight may be a little over the top.
Respectfully, asking U-ACE to honor their 3 year warranty isn't asking too much. The liners have never been abused. If you read my post on this, I was unaware that seam was open there while cleaning the liners. I noticed this as I was cleaning them.

You should be able to clean these liners with plain water, since the top of the liner is suppose to be a watertight rigid rubber and not suppose to wear through. There's a video presentation by Auto Distributor Direct demonstrating how to clean the liners with a water hose and even pouring a pitcher of water into the liner as well.

If you claim that the liners can scrap snow and mud off your shoes, they should be quite durable. I live in the south, so no real snow. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1208392

Originally Posted by Auto Distributor Direct
The top layer is a long wearing KAGU material. It is a semi rigid rubber material with a texture that scrapes snow and mud off your shoes.
It's worn through the rubber at that spot. Even the customer service representative at U-ACE, who initially helped me, said it shouldn't wear through.

Unfortunately, she didn't make the warranty decision. There shouldn't be white material protruding out of that seam or any spot on the liner.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-08-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Am I missing something? To me, a floor mat with a seam in the middle, especially right at a high wear area, just seems like a dumb design. Even if it's claimed to be coated, that just means the floor mat is only as durable as that thin layer of coating. I would expect a floor mat to be watertight until there's an actual hole worn all the way through the mat.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ultrawolf
Am I missing something? To me, a floor mat with a seam in the middle, especially right at a high wear area, just seems like a dumb design. Even if it's claimed to be coated, that just means the floor mat is only as durable as that thin layer of coating. I would expect a floor mat to be watertight until there's an actual hole worn all the way through the mat.
I agree.

It appears it hasn't made it through the bottom layer yet. The white material that's protruding is a weave material that attracts and retains water. It definitely doesn't bead on top of that material like the rest of the liner. It's not a rubber material and not the top layer. Eventually it will wear through.

I wasn't too happy yesterday, but I'm good with it now. Sharing my experience helped and hopefully it will help others when they are making a decision to buy liners and factoring the warranty in their purchase.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 04-08-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
There's a video presentation by Auto Distributor Direct demonstrating how to clean the liners with a water hose and even pouring a pitcher of water into the liner as well.
I don't think that is correct. That appears to be a video from a Car Dealer salesman in a really bad sweater, not from Auto Distributor Direct or the manufacturer.

He can claim whatever he wants but I don't think you can necessarily hold the manufacturer to those claims or promises.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StinklePink
I don't think that is correct. That appears to be a video from a Car Dealer salesman in a really bad sweater, not from Auto Distributor Direct or the manufacturer..
Car salesman Joe and Auto Distributor Direct are one and the same. He posted the video. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1208391

That link was in my post. I don't think you read posts thoroughly enough. Regardless, you're entitled to your opinion. I posted my take. Prospective buyers of the liners will have to weigh the pros and cons, then decide if warranty service is important to them.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Prospective buyers of the liners will have to weigh the pros and cons, then decide if warranty service is important to them.
Thanks for the update. What would be really awesome is if a product never needed warranty service

Too bad too... nice looking mats when new. Wondering if some kind of sealer could be used to repair them when they split like that... and if it could be made to blend in.

Ah well - things to think about.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13MPP
Thanks for the update. What would be really awesome is if a product never needed warranty service

Too bad too... nice looking mats when new. Wondering if some kind of sealer could be used to repair them when they split like that... and if it could be made to blend in.

Ah well - things to think about.
The sealer idea is a thought.

I'll see how long they last from here. I can always do Weathertech's in the future for the fronts. I know Weathertech will guarantee their product without question.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Finally... a positive update to my denied U-ACE warranty claim. All due solely to Joe Rau's efforts at Auto Distributor Direct.

Let me say this, Joe Rau was the only one willing to help. He's more committed to the 3D liner product, than the manufacturer U-ACE. He called me a couple of times via phone and was extremely apologetic. He's shipping me a new front set and to my surprise, he even included a return label for all the trouble U-ACE put me through.

Let me say this, I think this is a good product. No product is perfect and this was never the issue. I do not think that U-ACE is committed to customer service and it's warranty, which was the issue.

In this experience, I do know Joe will warranty the product and provide great customer service. Having said that, if you have any issues with this product you need to contact Joe Rau. He will help you.

Here's what Joe told me via e-mail, which I thought was very important when you consider purchasing 3D liners:

We took care of it all here. In the future I will be handling all my customer returns so no one else has to go through what you did.

Thanks,

Joe
I hope U-ACE learns something from Joe. I'm not confident they will, but Joe will definitely help you.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:03 PM
My experience was completely the opposite of yours while making a warranty claim. Just did it last week and have already received the new liners. The front driver's side floor liner had an edge that warped/bowed out on one of the sides. All of my emails were promptly returned and addressed my concerns. Each person that I communicated with provided excellent customer service.

I live in upstate NY with harsh winters so the liners really take a beating. A simple cleaning and they look like new, which speaks volumes how great they are. The liners truly live up to the hype. I highly recommend the 3d MAXpiders liners over WeatherTech. It's nice to have some traction from the Kagu surface in snow/slush rather than slipping on the WeatherTech liners.

Looking at the pictures that you posted, it appears that you should've caught that seam separating before installing the liners rather than while cleaning. With anything that you buy, there can always be errors in the manufacturing process. It's always easier to prove that before you have used them to eliminate the possibility of it being from normal wear and tear. It's in a tough spot and you can certainly understand both sides.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered Aries 3D Liners and in the week or so they've been in the car...I've had no issues.

Gas pedal does go to the floor, I assume they've changed the design to accommodate this.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JayCam0885
My experience was completely the opposite of yours while making a warranty claim. Just did it last week and have already received the new liners. The front driver's side floor liner had an edge that warped/bowed out on one of the sides. All of my emails were promptly returned and addressed my concerns. Each person that I communicated with provided excellent customer service.

I live in upstate NY with harsh winters so the liners really take a beating. A simple cleaning and they look like new, which speaks volumes how great they are. The liners truly live up to the hype. I highly recommend the 3d MAXpiders liners over WeatherTech. It's nice to have some traction from the Kagu surface in snow/slush rather than slipping on the WeatherTech liners.

Looking at the pictures that you posted, it appears that you should've caught that seam separating before installing the liners rather than while cleaning. With anything that you buy, there can always be errors in the manufacturing process. It's always easier to prove that before you have used them to eliminate the possibility of it being from normal wear and tear. It's in a tough spot and you can certainly understand both sides.
That's a great experience.

It appears you're the beneficiary of the terrible experience I had with 3D. Maybe they learned their lesson that terrible service isn't going to win customer loyalty?

The distributor, in this case Auto Distributor Direct, stood behind the product and not the company itself.

In regards to the damage you see in the picture, it was not there when the liners were installed. If it were, it would have only made sense to send them back at that time.

Enjoy your liners.