1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Weathertech liners

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Thumbs up Weathertech liners

The 1st aftermarket (and maybe only) items I wanted to get my new Fit were the Weathertech floor liners. I was so anxious to get them before soiling the pristine Fit floor that I actually went online at the dealership between negotiations and tried to buy them as I was buying the car. I have them in my other cars and they work and look great. Imagine my dissapointment when I found that they were not offered for the Fit.

Fast forward to last week - Weathertech now sells them! One cannot describe the joy-joy feeling of hermetically sealing (ok-an exaggeration) the elements from the fibers.

A must for any car imo-

Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 PM
kbh
5 Year Member
Those look great, but I think the OEM all weather mats and trunk tray are pretty good too. I wanted Weathertech but they weren't yet available when I bought my Fit in July. I've used Weathertech mats in my other cars and my only complaint is that are quite stiff when it gets cold and it makes them harder to remove from the car to clean them and you end up spilling all the crud onto your floor

Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I have the OEM all weather rubber ones and they DO NOT cover near as much floor area as the one syou have---I going to get some ASAP.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 PM
They are stiff right out of the box (except the cargo mat which is firm but rolled up and made of a different material). Kind of like the rough texture material used on a hard tackle box for fishing. For touch ups I vacuum then wipe with a wet towel in place - cleans up very well. Maybe two major scrubs per year to keep them looking really good.

As far as fit, they are the best I have experienced. They cover pretty much everything. The best part is how they match up to the door sills and keep wetness and grime off that part of the carpet - something all other mats I've tried fail to do.

Make sure you get the floor liners though. I've heard Weathertech's other more flexible rubber mats are sometimes trim to fit.

Cheers.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:35 AM
How much did the Weathertech mat cost?

Old 01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nevada72
They are stiff right out of the box (except the cargo mat which is firm but rolled up and made of a different material). Kind of like the rough texture material used on a hard tackle box for fishing. For touch ups I vacuum then wipe with a wet towel in place - cleans up very well. Maybe two major scrubs per year to keep them looking really good.

As far as fit, they are the best I have experienced. They cover pretty much everything. The best part is how they match up to the door sills and keep wetness and grime off that part of the carpet - something all other mats I've tried fail to do.

Make sure you get the floor liners though. I've heard Weathertech's other more flexible rubber mats are sometimes trim to fit.

Cheers.
Placed order for the DigitalFit Front Floor Mats lastnight they where 150 shipped Canadian Price. I ordered directly from WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors and More
The american site is quoted at 99$ shipped I believe.
Pretty decent price since a set of Generic rubber Floor mats at your local store is around 40$---which are garbage and look like cr@p.

Last edited by jtsimaras; 01-17-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by QuickGD3
How much did the Weathertech mat cost?
$109.95 + shipping, which for both items was about $19.00 I believe.

Here's the direct link.

WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Cargo Liner - 2008 Honda Fit - WeatherTech Cargo and Trunk Liners Cargo Mat

Frankly, I balked at the cost of the mat, but I know I'll have the Fit for a long time so it will be worth it. My only hesitation was that I don't really put anything "messy" in the back so I was unsure that I needed a cargo liner. Now I'm covered just in case. And like Jysimaras said, the "cheap" ones are crap, and not all that cheap.

On top of that, in the past whenever I bought a used car that had such things as expensive fitted mats, I figured the p.o. was meticulous so it was a good selling point. Saab used to make mats very much like the floor liners. Even bought the Saab mats for other cars if they would fit.

That said - I'll probably drive this car till it drops which should be a long time from now.

Last edited by nevada72; 01-17-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:09 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Those really look like the be-all and end-all as far as rubber floormats go. I've just never quite warmed up to putting rubber on top of carpeting. I'm much more likely to drive in my stocking feet, or barefoot, than I am to trudge a bunch of mud and slop into my car. Maybe if I worked on construction sites all the time or something like that, I could see it. But I'm a desk jockey, and I sit sideways on the seat and kick the crud off my shoes before I swing my feet into the car in sloppy weather, and carpet floor mats have always been more than adequate for me for 150K+ miles.

Like I said, if rubber mats are what you want, it sure looks like Weathertechs are da bomb.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
I would rather use carpet floor mats---But where we live it is snowy and messy from November until April and have no choice to get something that can catch the mess on da shoes. Plus I would be pissed if the floor was ruined.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
what do they have for the rear seats?

Old 01-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Do they work with the Zeta dead pedal?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtsimaras
I have the OEM all weather rubber ones and they DO NOT cover near as much floor area as the one syou have---I going to get some ASAP.
are you talking about the front floor mats or are you also referring to the back mat for the hatch? because this weather tech one looks great, i may have to invest in it instead of the honda oem cargo tray.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
are you talking about the front floor mats or are you also referring to the back mat for the hatch? because this weather tech one looks great, i may have to invest in it instead of the honda oem cargo tray.
I was referring to the front driver/passenger floor mats they don't cover as nearly as good as the weathertech.
I have the OEM cargo tray as well I would say it is as good as the weathertech one.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by FitPilot
Do they work with the Zeta dead pedal?
Just installed the Zeta and the answer is "Yes.".

Old 03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by dewthedew
what do they have for the rear seats?
Sorry - missed the question last time around.

edit - they actually do have the back liners. Follow the link above.

Last edited by nevada72; 03-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
those look great but 300 bucks on liners is a bit much

Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by VBP08GD3
those look great but 300 bucks on liners is a bit much
I just got the fronts and the cargo liner. Total was about $220.00.

The backs adds about another $60, so yeah, darn near $300.