2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit 2013 resale value

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Question Fit 2013 resale value

Hello,

I have been thinking to buy a new base Fit over Civic LX. Though I prefer the ride quality of Civic, I LOVE the hatchback style of Fit.

Whether I buy a civic or fit, I would need it only for 3-4 years and would be selling it later. Now, how is the resale value of Fit.

I have been checking craigslist, all the Fit models I saw from Feb/Mar are still there for sale (all of them). While I understand this is not the only and possibly right way to decide resale values of Fit, would it be difficult to sell a fit? (all the civics listed at the same time were sold)

I LIKE fit. But I need something that gets good resale value. Civic is very easy to decide for its reliability, resale and ride quality. Given that it has good amount of changes done in 2013, it will stay pretty much the same for next couple of years. But what about Fit?

Would it be a wise decision to go for Fit over civic, when I know I wouldnt need it for more than 3 or 4 yrs and would be selling it? Should I simply go with a civic?

I would like suggestions please. Thanks.

Last edited by vagl; 04-08-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by vagl
Hello,

I have been thinking to buy a new base Fit over Civic LX. Though I prefer the ride quality of Civic, I LOVE the hatchback style of Fit.

Whether I buy a civic or fit, I would need it only for 3-4 years and would be selling it later. Now, how is the resale value of Fit.

I have been checking craigslist, all the Fit models I saw from Feb/Mar are still there for sale (all of them). While I understand this is not the only and possibly right way to decide resale values of Fit, would it be difficult to sell a fit? (all the civics listed at the same time were sold)

I LIKE fit. But I need something that gets good resale value. Civic is very easy to decide for its reliability, resale and ride quality. Given that it has good amount of changes done in 2013, it will stay pretty much the same for next couple of years. But what about Fit?

Would it be a wise decision to go for Fit over civic, when I know I wouldnt need it for more than 3 or 4 yrs and would be selling it? Should I simply go with a civic?

I would like suggestions please. Thanks.
I only see the fit going down in value by $1000-$2000 in the first few years
also the fit is made in Japan - Civic is made in North America. Huge difference

I think even with any changes that happens, it will be nothing too crazy - and will not change it by that much- even in a few years it will be made in Mexico... So I went for the 2013 made in Japan. Good luck!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
If you want something with a good resale value, buy a subaru. (NH is New Hampshire I assume?). They are about the only things that hold value better than a honda/toyota.

Or, buy a colectors car, that will certainly hold it's value.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, the fit retains high resale value.

and remember that resale value is not the only thing that matters when you're ready to buy your next car.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I predict the Scion FR-S and the Subaru BRZ will have fairly high resale values since there arent many being made and its a desirable sports car. As long as gas prices stay high im sure small cars like teh Fit will have fairly high resale for its economical transportation and utility.