2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Steve244
What he's showing is so far from reality that either he is deceiving himself, the guys with the dyno are deceiving him, or he's in on the joke. The v-force thingy is pure snake-oil and would only serve to throw codes. None of the bolt-ons he has described will do anything for power; just make it noisy and pollute.

And tell us how you know that and what your car did on any DYNO LOL. Your total lack of knowledge is showing itself once again. Want to debate his mods and if they do nothing???

See post 53 for the question about mods and 54 for for Stevie's know nothing response now he is trying to tell is he is an expert and knows all about mods ROFLMAO?????????????????

Steve244,
By the way,
Do you know how much horsepower gain can be achieved using Hondata with GD?
I am too lazy to search for it now, just want to know the potential of hondata with GD
so hopefully it will be the same with our GE

I have no idea. DiamondStarMonsters is the go to guy for that. He's open to PMs. Don't tell him I sent you.

Last edited by loudbang; 07-01-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by loudbang
And tell us how you know that and what your car did on any DYNO LOL. Your total lack of knowledge is showing itself once again. Want to debate his mods and if they do nothing???
Analysis of the v-force black box's description, installation inputs and outputs are sufficient to tag it as snake oil. I've detailed this up thread. If you disagree, perhaps you'd care to discuss it.

A stock Fit makes about 87whp as the OP noted. To make 121whp (a 40% increase in power output from stock) as the OP noted with with a CAI and CAT removal using the factory tune (with or without snake-oil) is unrealistic. Here's one I paid for that supports the 87whp claim unmodified:

Steve244,
By the way,
Do you know how much horsepower gain can be achieved using Hondata with GD?
This was asked by another user, my response "I have no idea" is honest. Why don't you try it sometime?

Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 PM
We all know our motors put out 80-90whp at any given moment

I think its perfectly reasonable to attain over 100whp with boltons

Unfortuanately the only exhaust bolton we have available is weapon R crap.

I think once Hondata is released we are about to see a shitload of 100+whp fits on this forum!!

Old 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
Not that it makes a difference (due to the differences in dynos, unknown correction factors, air temps, etc, etc,), but in one of these threads Alex's GE8 put down 94.5whp on Dyno Day (Fit club meet).... take it with a grain of salt, so to speak.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/new-...dyno-meet.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/new-...00hp-bust.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-lot-pics.html

can't recall which thread though.

Snake oil or not? I don't know... but I know I can't wait till Flashpro's released for the USDM GE8's.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
All of what has been said is technically possible. Both the good and the bad. It has been shown in the past that just an exhaust and intake change with a pulley can add about 10hp to a Honda Fit engine. This is small compared to more powerful engines, but is over 10% of an increase on our low power engine. That being said, atmospheric pressure changes typically fluctuate enough to make another noticeable difference on an engine's power, as can temperature of operation. Of course, a dyno will fluctuate slightly with that as well.

To touch on how air intake and exhaust can help, the concept is related to how fast air can fill a cylinder. If you notice, at about 5000rpm (near our typical peak power) we have as stated, 5000 rotations per minute. That's 10000 explosions per minute, or 167 explosions per second. Therefore within one second we need to fill 167 cylinders. 4 cylinders is 1.5L of air, ideally, so each cylinder is 0.375L. This further calculates: 167/s x 0.375L = 62.625L/s.

That's a lot of air folks. The exhaust will be quite a bit more due to expansion. As one could imagine, the stock intake probably won't allow that much airflow, the airflow should be restricted. This thus means the cylinders likely aren't filling completely with air at such a speed (needs to fill a cylinder in about half a millisecond), which would hinder the amount of fuel that can be applied at high RPM's in order to obtain the ideal air/fuel ratio.

This explains why an intake and exhaust change with a simple fuel input increase can gain more power. Reduce restriction allowing more air to fill the cylinder, add the appropriate amount of extra fuel (calculated by the piggy back via the air flow sensor), and that leaves you with more pressure inside the cylinder with more potential energy, thus gaining more power!

To summarize, there are a lot of small fluctuations as stated in the first paragraph which can add up to make a bigger percentage of error. However, theory and calculations state that a true power gain can be achieved in such a manner as the OP has taken, and this gain is directly proportional (up until ideal air flow, the required 62L/s) to the air intake flow. All of that being said, the OP's data is definitely within range of possibility, and quite honestly, could be taken further with the finer details.

Congratulations to the OP for being a champ and sharing his information. I appreciate the posting, and I hope you continue to do so!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be interested to see anyone getting 10hp from these changes. Do you have a link? Other than a CAI manufacturer's ad...

Here's some chatter on jet v-force. Try googling to find any positive outcome. It's pretty funny.

I don't doubt there is some power to be had by means of an effective tune coupled with less restrictive intake and exhaust. But not 30hp. Until Hondata comes out with one, I'd save your money.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I had a funny feeling this was gonna happen lol
I did not want to be the one to question the gains with the V force and I did some research.

I did see all the negative results that popped up across many makes and models and the consistent claim of it being a high priced resistor.

I will not pass any judgement on OP and his dyno results and I hope there is no harm done to his engine running the module.

If I decide to do any mods to my GE8 I will wait and tune with Hondata on a Mustang or Dynojet Dyno as that is what My Mustangs were always tuned on.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be interested to see anyone getting 10hp from these changes. Do you have a link? Other than a CAI manufacturer's ad...

Here's some chatter on jet v-force. Try googling to find any positive outcome. It's pretty funny.

I don't doubt there is some power to be had by means of an effective tune coupled with less restrictive intake and exhaust. But not 30hp. Until Hondata comes out with one, I'd save your money.
Yeah Steve I definitely do. link It's for the GD3, but given the new engine is an even more excellent engine in terms of its engineering, you could even expect slightly more from it.

In terms of how a device could work, I have no knowledge. But I have the idea that if the computer's controls of the fuel input is based on something such as voltage, resistance or extra voltage could be all you need to change that.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by ZaxMan
This was the last place I thought I be attacked . All I wanted to do was share my success with my Fit .
Don't worry Zax we got your back brother

Enjoy your Fit and keep doing your thing and dont let anybody or anything get you down.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Screw them, worry about your own car rather then peoples opinions

Some people on this forum just dont understand how much power is sucked away in favor of emissions and sound regulations
I enjoy reading about peoples success stories

screw what they say, you dont have to deal with them in person ever, so dont worry about them

Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UmmFit
Yeah Steve I definitely do. link It's for the GD3, but given the new engine is an even more excellent engine in terms of its engineering, you could even expect slightly more from it.

Compelling article. 5HP from a CAI, 2 from the cat-back, and 2.5 from a lighter pulley are more than I thought possible. Especially the CAI. I haven't heard any GE owner state they were getting those kind of gains from a CAI, perhaps Honda improved the stock air-flow.

Thanks for posting that.

Originally Posted by UmmFit
In terms of how a device could work, I have no knowledge. But I have the idea that if the computer's controls of the fuel input is based on something such as voltage, resistance or extra voltage could be all you need to change that.
All the v-force thing can do is alter the signal from the mass air flow, or manifold absolute pressure sensors (but not both). Neither of which would improve combustion, but could make it run too rich or too lean. At best it would do nothing.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Our cars would benefit from slightly richer AFR's

I notice a pretty decent increase in power a few minutes of running after a reset from pulling NEG cable

Then it tapers completely away as the ecu relearns the situation and puts the smackdown on the extra power like a damn HP nanny

Every time I go to the tracks I reset once before the trip up to get a good foundation for ambient temps, then again at the tracks right before I run. I have to drive a 1/4 mile anyways during the lineup and plenty of idling, so it does relearn the correct AFRs for that, but by the 2nd run, it has already started to slow me down

GODDAMMIT HONDATA, RELEASE THAT $%*T !!!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
All the v-force thing can do is alter the signal from the mass air flow, or manifold absolute pressure sensors (but not both). Neither of which would improve combustion, but could make it run too rich or too lean. At best it would do nothing.
Based on our discussion, that would definitely do something. If it can make something "lean" or "rich," then there's no reason it couldn't make it "better." Now its simply based on how its applying its changes, which one can only take results of by testing on a dyno. This is what the OP has done, and it has shown that some significant improvement is available. Margins of error wouldn't fluctuate that hugely.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:33 AM
After scrolling through the comments I'm not sure who to side with.....

Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Banned
This was asked by another user, my response "I have no idea" is honest. Why don't you try it sometime?
Well gee you always ask us for a link and in this case you could have looked it up in our own Flo pro thread and provided him with the answer even with your limited skills. But you chose not to.

If I get a question that I do not know the answer I will gladly give that response but it happens very infrequently Unlike you.

And why do you not criticize this thread it's the same situation?:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...t-turbo-2.html

Old 07-02-2013, 07:30 AM
5 Year Member
Well gee you always ask us for a link and in this case you could have looked it up in our own Flo pro thread and provided him with the answer even with your limited skills. But you chose not to.

If I get a question that I do not know the answer I will gladly give that response but it happens very infrequently Unlike you.

And why do you not criticize this thread it's the same situation?:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...t-turbo-2.html
How is forced induction the same situation? Reading, it's fundamental...

Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM
There is no way a piggy back that simply meters fuel by adjusting the a/f ratio is giving these kind of gains. Simply adding or removing fuel will not make gains without ignition timing advance.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM
If the piggyback is able to intercept the coolant temperature reading, you can convince the car computer to shove some more timing out.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
It doesn't. All it inputs (if even this) is an altered MAF or MAP reading.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Im smelling all sorts of if. Why dont you just look up what that thing does and post the specs instead of bagging on it?

Quick Reply: 2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP