2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Info on 2014/15 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:19 AM
"But you like that hatchback you see above and are somehow pining for a hybrid version, don't get too excited. Automotive News reports that Americans won't be getting that car, but rather a hybrid sedan Fit and a small hybrid crossover SUV based on the Fit."

I dont like this at all!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by connor55
Interested in how the made in Mexico fits turn out...
I imagine they'd be perfectly fine, assuming the QA is the same. I have no questioning of the workmanship of the staff in the Mexican factories. Truth be told even made in China, my concern would be more for substitution of poorer-quality materials and *then* shoddy workmanship (which is in and of itself a sizeable concern), but I would be alright with a Jazz de Hecho en Mexico.

Last edited by Cutriss; 07-23-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM
^Agree, am more concerned about parts origin than assembly flaws.

I see they didn't learn their lesson about the front cupholders

I won't give up my GE for this unless it meets an untimely death.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Why on earth would anyone buy this 2015 Fit if you can buy the next generation Mazda 3 for just a little bit more $? The Mazda 3 clearly the superior car:
- Much nicer exterior
- Much nicer, higher quality interior
- Probably much better handling/dynamics
- More powerful engine- better acceleration
- Also offers excellent fuel economy
- Bigger size (more car for the money)

Official: 2014 Mazda3 arrives

Old 07-23-2013, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EMC2
Why on earth would anyone buy this 2015 Fit if you can buy the next generation Mazda 3 for just a little bit more $? The Mazda 3 clearly the superior car:
- Much nicer exterior

And they took care of the makes-me-want-to-slap-it grin on its face. I agree it looks like a much nicer car but it's more than a little bit more with the Fit's starting price of around 15K and the 3's at around 20K. It's in a different class.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:16 PM
I find it interesting that the Mazda 3 is constantly compared to the Fit on here and elsewhere. They are not even in the same segment.

If we are shopping B segment cars we should be looking at Mazda 2 vs Fit. Mazda 3 is C segment and should be compared vs the Civic. The fact that the Mazda 3 is offered as a hatchback is not important, because it's not a very useful hatchback anyway. So compare the Mazda 3 sedan vs Civic sedan.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Eh.. why they gotta change it up?

Glad I got my GE8 when I did! I like the grill and hood better than all previous models.

But the new models ass end is UGLY! Dual clutch.. 133hp.. like it's really going to make a lot of a difference. My GE8 Rocks, and I love it.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Hay tack? Where r u?

I only see a speedo

This could grow on me...I'm actually more interested in the small cuv fit as I'm loving my 09 fit now

Old 07-23-2013, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EMC2
- Much nicer exterior

Your comment about "nicer" exterior and interior are more subjective opinions.

Quality isn't as subjective. And while I do think the Fit's interior isn't the greatest... I'm fine with it.

"Probably" for handling/dynamics isn't a compelling choice of word. Coupled with the bigger engine/acceleration comment... it's rather... a case by case basis. What's the point of a fast acceleration if there are a huge chunk of people that never put even half of it to use? And the rest of us who are stuck behind them.

The current 2013 Mazda3's fuel economy is all over the place. It's got high numbers for highway mpg (up to 38 for hatch, 40 for sedan)... but overall, not much different from the Fit, ranging from slightly better to a bit worse combined mpg (from +2 to -5).

And finally... is it a bigger car? Not where it matters. The exterior is bigger, but I like smaller cars. The passenger area is wider and longer (but lower headroom). In my case, I can't make use of wider or longer seating than in the Fit. But a lower headroom would be bad for me. And that kills cargo capacity. With seats up, you lost about 3 cubic ft. But maximum capacity difference is 14.5 cubic feet.

Which is quite a bit of room, considering, I've taken a road trip and slept IN my car. And I've never once thought "oh, I could do with LESS cargo room" when hauling things around.

Ultimately... it's all rather... subjective and dependent on each driver/owner.

As for pricing difference.. it ranges from $4500 for bottom trim to $6000 for mid-trim, and down a bit to $5000 for top trim.

And, as Steve244 and Wanderer. have mentioned, it's a different segment/class car.

So, would I pay more for a car that takes up more room than I would like, provides less utility than I need, and could potentially handle better or worse (for me) when the majority of the time, I'm limited in how I can drive?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Tk3
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kaptivesmoke
Dual clutch.. 133hp.. like it's really going to make a lot of a difference.
According to that article, it's a dual clutch for the Hybrid and a CVT for the non-Hybrid. I'd gladly take a dual clutch if they offered it on a non-hybrid but I'd never get a hybrid....more things to maintain for not that great of a benefit.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
mazda

I agree its not in the same class so the comparison is unfair but that was one of the best things about the GE8: it punched above its weight class....

so this new one falls right in line with the fiesta, sonic, and mazda 2....not the right choice by Honda.

All they had to do was:

- keep evolving the current design (the new front is a step in the right direction)

- add a few more features (bluetooth, better stereo) standard

- improve seat quality and interior plastics (ford does this nicely)

- widen the fit by 2-3 inches

- offer an RS with HID's and led DRL

A fit with these improvements would have taken sales away from competitors as it would have continued to punch above its class and dominant its current one.

These designers and planners are some numbnuts these days.

I dont want to buy a near 30k car but the new Mazda 3 might make me....that or a used Acura TSX....I've been a fan for over a decade but the Honda badge is starting to lose its luster.

I'll always love their spunky motors though!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM
This guy from the Jalopnik responses pretty much sums up my exact feelings about this new Fit, bolded part especially so. I'm pretty sure I know that UN from Honda-Tech forums.

Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga
A seven-speed dual clutch transmission? OK. I mean, I thought the point of the Fit was to be the most economical, most utilitarian, car in the range. The one that possessed the real Honda ethos. Now you're telling us it's a boutique hybrid meant to compete with the Prius? Well... dang. So goes the quirk and the personality that made that cheap little car so endearing.

Bottom line, like every car Honda makes these days, eventually its soul and personality are consumed by the need to be all things to all people. I'm sure it'll sell like crazy.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cutriss
I imagine they'd be perfectly fine, assuming the QA is the same. I have no questioning of the workmanship of the staff in the Mexican factories. Truth be told even made in China, my concern would be more for substitution of poorer-quality materials and *then* shoddy workmanship (which is in and of itself a sizeable concern), but I would be alright with a Jazz de Hecho en Mexico.

True that parts all probably originate from Japan still, but workmanship is always important as well. My Chinese made fit for example has a lot more rust on it after just a year or so compared to the Japanese made ones. Otherwise everything is quite solid.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by ckipps
"But you like that hatchback you see above and are somehow pining for a hybrid version, don't get too excited. Automotive News reports that Americans won't be getting that car, but rather a hybrid sedan Fit and a small hybrid crossover SUV based on the Fit."

I dont like this at all!
I have honestly never really cared much for the look of the fit. A best it looks ok, at the worsst it looks like a miniature mini van. But it is cheap, reliable, gets good mileage, and can fit way more stuff than other cars it's size.
The Hybrid will be more expensive, and the since it is sedan only gives up the best aspect of the Fit, the space inside.

Has anyone got confirmation of the power output for the standard models? All I have found are power figures for the hybrid and RS.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Honda should be worried if they want that fit to be competitive in the US. It looks more like a minivan. Id rather they keep the current look and just upgrade the interior and give it a 6th gear.

I might be judging too quickly, but im not impressed at all.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of wish they showed a side by side of the previous generations to show the size of the new generation. The pictures make it look the size of the Mazda 5.

Maybe the new Mazda 2 will sell better

Or the new Toyota made by Mazda based on the Verisa is the rumor.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
The fuck is this? Another civic fail

Old 08-24-2013, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Hyundai is still a joke. They can improve all they want. I'd rather walk than own a Hyundai. I could go on, but I think most of what I have to say is against the rules.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:05 PM
i'm liking my 09 better than ever....

this looks like a rebaked ford fiesta..........

the que on the air conditioning duct vents looking like the front fog lite recesses is lame...........

hey!..... beer, women and cigs everone likes a different kind..........

GD

Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nicotine
What the hell is wrong with honda lately?
the steering wheel is ugly, much like the first gen fits wheel.
I quite like my GD3 steering wheel.

Originally Posted by loudbang
I like it. The rear looks like the latest Volvos. But those creases along the side are a bit much.
I agree, the side body line is a little weird. I see the GE8 a little in the rear tails, without the hatch part of it. I've never been a fan of the split up tail lights. If I bought one, I'd definitely shave that part out.

Quick Reply: More Info on 2014/15 Fit