2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GE8 Manual Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
I shouldn't have issues with this knob on a GD3 Fit would I? I'm assuming the thread and everything is the same.
I'm pretty sure the knob is a direct replacement on the GD3 (most Honda's have the same thread pitch, no?)
The boot, from what I recall doesn't fit on the GD3 without modification...

check this thread for info ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...d3-thread.html

Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Has anyone ordered from Rakuten? Was it easy enough getting it shipped to Tenso and then having them ship it to you? Really thinking about doing this in a couple of days.
Quite a few of us have ordered from Rakuten and shipped thru Tenso... It's actually quite easy, and customer service is good... read the threads I linked, and you'll see.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I'm pretty sure the knob is a direct replacement on the GD3 (most Honda's have the same thread pitch, no?)
The boot, from what I recall doesn't fit on the GD3 without modification...

check this thread for info ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...d3-thread.html

Quite a few of us have ordered from Rakuten and shipped thru Tenso... It's actually quite easy, and customer service is good... read the threads I linked, and you'll see.
Thank you for all your help.

I have read all the links you provided a couple days ago. The links you provided helped a lot as I would have never known about Tenso.

Tenso is a great website and is quite easy to use I have noticed. Hopefully its even easier once the package is received at Tenso.

I have just ordered my shift knob and boot from Rakuten last night, AKA Wednesday morning in Japan. Product has not been shipped yet. Hoping I will receive an email tonight, AKA Thursday morning in Japan, informing me that my product has been shipped.

Little nervous over here has I do not know what to expect and I do not want any issues as I imagine getting a refund will be pretty difficult from Rakuten.

I will let you all know how it goes in regards to the shipping. I will keep you all updated in this thread, and will update you all as to my install of the new parts. Lets hope they come soon, for my sanity at least.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Glad you were able to order it...
One thing I just found out about Tenso a few days ago is their Identity verification requirement now... It's a new policy they started after April 2013, it wasn't active when I first registered. But you have to scan a government issued ID and email it to them before they can ship/release your package. If you haven't done so, do it now, so by the time they receive your package your verification is complete (it only takes 24 hours or so).

Shipping to Tenso is really quick, if you don't see it in your "My Page" on Tenso in a few days, send them an email because sometimes the seller forgets to put your TS # on the package.

Are you planning on modifying the GE boot to the GD? Let us know how that works, if so.
If you search the forums you'll find almost anything... actually now that I think about it I think there's some threads on modifying the GE boot on to a GD, and also from other Civics to GD shift boots.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Totally saw that about the verification process.

Okay so it turns out seller did not get my full address. He emailed me a few times, translation on google was not exact so it was reading broken English. Finally realized what the seller wanted. Sent proper address. This morning I wake up, get into my office, low and behold tenso has my package. Only 1200 yen to ship. I was nervous about if tenso would get my package. They did. Now I must pay them before 8am their time so my product leaves Japan on Friday. Yay! I'm so happy this morning. Was very nervous initially.

As for install of boot, ill probably hot glue to under side of bezel or something else. Have not looked at it all yet, but I shall figure it out as I go.

Latest Update:

The boot and knob costed me $130CDN. Shipping has just been paid for at a nice rate of $18.75 from Tenso. Package now on its way. Only costed me $148.75. Boot and JDM knob. Boy I cant wait.

Last edited by GinoLicious; 09-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by ampete04
Honda Fit Accessories : Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices: College Hills Honda

Check out the link above. College hills honda has the red stitch jdm one. It's a good deal.
I was interested in this but the one they have now (which is a steal at $150) says it's for 2012-13 models. I called them and the guy on the phone didn't sound sure but he said that usually the website is correct in listing parts for only those model years they fit.

Did they change the shift boot and the way it fits in the console from 09-11 to 12-13? Seems strange since it's the same generation.