2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2013 Honda Fit Manual Wiring for Remote Start Install

Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 PM
2013 Honda Fit Manual Wiring for Remote Start Install

Hi everybody! Just bought a 2013 Honda Fit Manual and it is the funniest car I have owned besides my beloved and stolen 1991 Civic HB (EF). This fit reminds me of the EF in soooooo many ways, its great. I want to install a remote start for manual and was wondering if anybody has the electrical scheme for this car or where I can find it online? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Mar

Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
You would have to bypass the clutch cutout switch. Also, I've seen loads of problems with remote start systems installed aftermarket. That's the kind of thing I'd recommend having the dealer do; that way if something goes wrong they can't play the "blame game."

Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Hey Mar, im me your email address and I will send you the info you need. I have always installed compustar RS on my manual cars because they are the easiest to get into "reservation mode". If you use an idata piece it looks to be an easy intall. I know how you feel about your old civic. I have a 95 hatch and love the thing.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
running remote start on manual tranny...not sure if thats a good idea or not. i live in a snowbelt state where winter temps can go 0F or lower. i dont use remote start.

i keep my cars in gear while parked. who knows where it will end up if i or whoever that used my car last would forget to keep the car in neutral.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
running remote start on manual tranny...not sure if thats a good idea or not. i live in a snowbelt state where winter temps can go 0F or lower. i dont use remote start.

i keep my cars in gear while parked. who knows where it will end up if i or whoever that used my car last would forget to keep the car in neutral.
I totally understand how you feel kenchen, that is why I will only use remote start systems that offer a manual transmission mode. It is kind of a pain in the butt to put them in "reservation mode" before you get out the car, but I feel it is worth it to have remote start. The RS that I use monitors engine rpm, door trigger, the brake, and the e-brake. Makes it almost impossible to remote start while in gear. I have seen what a car that was remote started in gear looks like and it is a scary sight!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flip998 View Post
I totally understand how you feel kenchen, that is why I will only use remote start systems that offer a manual transmission mode. It is kind of a pain in the butt to put them in "reservation mode" before you get out the car, but I feel it is worth it to have remote start. The RS that I use monitors engine rpm, door trigger, the brake, and the e-brake. Makes it almost impossible to remote start while in gear. I have seen what a car that was remote started in gear looks like and it is a scary sight!

ahhh, sounds good that you have the concerns covered.

i remember back in the old days we could back out of parking sports while we started the car cause there was no clutch switch.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks flip998 for your willingness to help. I was able to install it and everything works fine. I used the idata blade module but being a manual I still had to connect to the tach, door switchs, e brake, etc. When I did my Civic auto 2012 with same remote start all these wires were handled thru data very few wires to connect. Oh well works great though and allot of room under dash for module to be placed. Compustar auto and manual safe.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Thanks flip998 for your willingness to help. I was able to install it and everything works fine. I used the idata blade module but being a manual I still had to connect to the tach, door switchs, e brake, etc. When I did my Civic auto 2012 with same remote start all these wires were handled thru data very few wires to connect. Oh well works great though and allot of room under dash for module to be placed. Compustar auto and manual safe.
No problem at all, glad to hear you got everything installed!

Old 12-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Pretty sure that would require alot of wiring haha

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.