2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After the crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM
After the crash

Ugh. I had a minor accident in my new 2013 Fit. A guy turned right on red directly into me while I was passing straight through a green light. His insurance handled it with no problems and I've gotten it back from the body shop already. They replaced the right front body panel with an OEM Honda part (was dented in right above the right wheel), the plastic wheel cover (so yes, my wheel was hit, but not hard), and "repaired" the bumper. And painted, etc. And did an alignment. Nothing else was wrong with it.

Questions: If *any* part of the airbag/seat-belt-tensioner/head-rest system activated, would I know it? Obviously I'd know if any airbag went off. None did. But I'm not sure how I'd know if the other two bits were affected. Would the SRS dash light have been on after the accident? It wasn't.

Also, is there anything I should have my dealership look at independently? I'm worried about stuff like slightly bent suspension bits, wheel bearings, engine mounts (?) - what else? Or am I being paranoid? :-)

Old 11-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
If you belt buckle/tensioners deployed your SRS light would be on and the retractor would normally no longer work. If you have no light on on the dash it should all be good.

It's your call on the inspection. You can have the dealer do a inspection on it out of peace of mind. Just tell them the car was in a accident and would like it checked out.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by painterguy
It's your call on the inspection. You can have the dealer do a inspection on it out of peace of mind. Just tell them the car was in a accident and would like it checked out.
Good idea. Thanks for sharing. It seems simple but I don't know if I would have thought of it. Hopefully I won't need to, but you never know.

Cheers