2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about glare

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 PM
TKE
Question about glare

I was just wondering if anyone know of any products that can reduce glare for the side mirrors. I'm sure most of you run into this problem at night, especially being in front of a truck.
I was looking through a few sites and found some blueish colored mirrors for the fit but its jdm so it won't fit.
Just wanted to know if anyone know of something similar for the USDM fit.

Something like this

Last edited by TKE; 04-15-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:36 PM
might not be what you are looking for but i wold go to a local tint shop and ask if they has blue tint and overlay it onto your mirrors, the reason why germans use blue for their mirrors is because blue is the only color that absorbs light in such a way that it dims it with you still being able to see. I used to live there and my neighbor worked for BMW and that is what he told me. hope this helps

Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 AM
TKE
Originally Posted by kochsteven4
might not be what you are looking for but i wold go to a local tint shop and ask if they has blue tint and overlay it onto your mirrors, the reason why germans use blue for their mirrors is because blue is the only color that absorbs light in such a way that it dims it with you still being able to see. I used to live there and my neighbor worked for BMW and that is what he told me. hope this helps
That is a great idea, I'll try that lol .

Old 04-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kochsteven4
.....the reason why germans use blue for their mirrors is because........absorbs light in such a way that it dims it......
This is exactly the reason why I troll this forum. Get to learn something new every so often. What a useful tip!!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Get these...

I got these right before winter, but will be installing them in the next few weeks. From the reviews, they do a pretty good job of reducing glare.
Originally Posted by FitStir
Ordered this a few days ago...

LM-HO26A LED¥¦¥¤¥ó¥«¡¼¥É¥¢¥ß¥é¡¼¥ì¥ó¥º¡¦¥Ö¥ë¡¼¥É¥¢¥ß¥é¡¼¥ì¥ ó¥º HONDA¡¦¥Û¥ó¥À¢£NEW FIT/¥Õ¥£¥Ã¥ÈGE6/7/8/9(2008up)¢£ ¥Õ¥¡¥¯¥È¥ê¡¼¥À¥¤¥ì¥¯¥È

Seen them post about it over on the CR-Z forums, so I asked about the Garuda ones posted earlier in this thread, and they said they never got a reply... could've been communication difficulties. So I bought the factory-direct.jp ones.

I emailed Rin Yamakawa ( @ info-sales@factory-direct.jp ) , and I got a response within hours. The next day he sent me a paypal invoice, and my mirrors should be here the latest by Saturday (or early next week) The total w/shipping, paypal fees, etc was ~$140, and these are the same type as the others posted - heated, blue tint polarization & repels water, LED turn signal on the mirror.

Looks like I'm going to have to order the JDM auto-fold harness at the very minimum to at least finish the mirrors.

So glad I found these before buying the CDN heated mirrors, or the Mugen/JDM Honda Aqua Cleans. Thanks for the original find Alpina!!!