2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girlfriend's new 2010 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Girlfriend's new 2010 Fit Sport

We found it on Craigslist, picked it up for $11,500, with 40,500 miles, and 5 years/60k miles left on the last owner's Honda certified used car warranty. It's an automatic, and other than the front bumper (needs a repaint), it's in great condition. She's really liking it, and so am I.

Bonus with my car:

Old 04-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Prog64
.........., picked it up for $11,500, with 40,500 miles, and 5 years/60k miles left on......Honda certified used car warranty.....
Another great forum member find!!! Great price and decent miles. And the color is unique and desireable. Orange is soo perfect, especially for females.
Hey, what's that blue wonder. Subaru BRZ? M/T I presume? Like that one too!!!
Front bumper damage looks like a parking mishap. Very minor. Use a touch-up paint-stick for a quick fix.
Not much (tint would be nice) to do other than enjoy the drive for years to come!!!
Congrats.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-19-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Orange is soo perfect, especially for females.
Hey now, I like the color too!

Hey, what's that blue wonder. Subaru BRZ? M/T I presume? Like that one too!!!
Yep, 2013 BRZ, 6 speed manual. I detailed them both yesterday, thus the pictures.

Front bumper damage looks like a parking mishap. Very minor. Use a touch-up paint-stick for a quick fix.
Not much (tint would be nice) to do other than enjoy the drive for years to come!!!
Congrats.
The picture actually doesn't show how bad the bumper is. What happened was the previous owner's nephew got to close to it with a Winnebago and scraped the Fit with the RV's tailpipe. Also there are like hundreds of rock chips on the lower bumper. It's so bad that I couldn't clay bar it, or I would've just been picking clay off of the bumper for an hour.

But the good thing is from 10+ feet away, it's not noticeable except for the scrape, and the girlfriend is still trying to decide if she wants to get a new bumper/get it repainted/whatever it takes to fix it.

But anyway, thanks! We're enjoying it.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Congratulations on the purchase!!! Enjoy!!!

Old 04-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Congrats, guy! Your gf will love her new Fit for many years to come.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
.....girlfriend is still trying to decide.
Bumper/repair was likewise the subject in another thread. In that case, the OP had tons of miles and wanted to keep it till it hit 200K. Had suggested the "cheap" way but others, the more pricey route. The figures mentioned were around $630 for a complete replacement and repainting. Sounds about in the ballpark.
LINK:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...uld-i-fix.html

Here's what I'd do. Google a bumper from any of the nationwide wreckers. Am sure you'll find a '10 Fit Sport that has been rear-ended. Search longer and you may even find one in factory Orange. Buy it for $100, do the install yourself and you will have a happier girlfriend.
BRZ in M/T, now that's a man's car!!!
Keep us all posted on the developements.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-19-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
that's cool, congrats op!

yah, that bumper's not going to cost much to repair. just do some spot bondo yourself and take it to a shop for re-spray. probably no more than 150-200. GL

Old 04-19-2014, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Great find and even greater color!! Congrats!

Old 04-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone!

Bumper/repair was likewise the subject in another thread. In that case, the OP had tons of miles and wanted to keep it till it hit 200K. Had suggested the "cheap" way but others, the more pricey route. The figures mentioned were around $630 for a complete replacement and repainting. Sounds about in the ballpark.
LINK:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...uld-i-fix.html

Here's what I'd do. Google a bumper from any of the nationwide wreckers. Am sure you'll find a '10 Fit Sport that has been rear-ended. Search longer and you may even find one in factory Orange. Buy it for $100, do the install yourself and you will have a happier girlfriend.
BRZ in M/T, now that's a man's car!!!
Keep us all posted on the developements.
Do you know of any specific sites I should be looking on? I previously checked on eBay and craigslist with no luck. You mean sites like nationwideusedautoparts.com and Auto Parts Retail - Deer Park, NY ? Mid-Island Auto Wreckers Just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator
..................Do you know of any specific sites I should be looking on?......nationwideusedautoparts.com and Auto Parts Retail - Deer Park, NY ? Mid-Island Auto Wreckers ..........
To be honest, the only part I ever bought from a wrecker for my GD Fit was a wheel cover my wife creamed a couple of years ago. My cheapness drove me to use google and replaced it for $15 shipped.

Will try and track down exactly where it came from however, note that it took contacting at least more than a couple sites before I found the right wrecker who had the exact thing I wanted.

From your research mentioned, its seems you are on the right track. Even then, try locate a couple of them with the correct part.

Because its coming from a wreck, request the VIN of the donor vehicle to ascertain its the exact model like yours (Sport). You don't want to pay ahead, only to find out they delivered a bumper for a non-Sport Fit.

Good luck and will do some trolling for you too!!!