2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member and Fit owner/car enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Spieler. Your dog looks pretty cool and collected. What's her name?

Old 05-29-2014, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Welcome aboard!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome . That little guy/gal looks serious . The dark gray is a very good color .

Old 06-03-2014, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Odie
Welcome . That little guy/gal looks serious . The dark gray is a very good color .
Thanks Odie.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by mr.ramsey
Thanks Spieler. Your dog looks pretty cool and collected. What's her name?
Lila (Lee-La). She'd rather be in the Fit than caught in a rain storm....

-- Good job getting the Clazzios in and on, already(!). I'm waiting for a swatch of gray before making a final decision.

-- I noticed a Fit in a local parking lot with the center console installed (the only one I've seen in person), and stalked and then pounced upon, I mean, discreetly approached its driver when she returned to her car and asked about it. She graciously let me look at the console and various other add-ons (cargo cover, cargo liner, etc.).

I'd like a center console, but wish it came in at $100 less....

For now, I continue to mostly just working on keeping the car Clean, while continuing to build my Wish List of eventual add-ons.

~ S.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spieler

-- Good job getting the Clazzios in and on, already(!). I'm waiting for a swatch of gray before making a final decision.

-- I noticed a Fit in a local parking lot with the center console installed (the only one I've seen in person), and stalked and then pounced upon, I mean, discreetly approached its driver when she returned to her car and asked about it. She graciously let me look at the console and various other add-ons (cargo cover, cargo liner, etc.).

I'd like a center console, but wish it came in at $100 less....

For now, I continue to mostly just working on keeping the car Clean, while continuing to build my Wish List of eventual add-ons.

~ S.
No question on the Clazzios. Best mod so far. No one believes they're covers. I'm happy with the black vinyl but special ordering some multi-colored ones would be sweet.

Do you mean the upgraded armrest console? I end up using the cup holder that's down there so don't think I would like it.

I really want to pick up a magic board though. Wish those weren't so pricey. Looks like it would add some strength to the cargo area floor and allow me to have a good place to keep water bottle and dog gear in the back. I end up using the front passenger floor for that stuff now.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by mr.ramsey
No question on the Clazzios. Best mod so far.
Having just vacuumed again (with not nearly the Dawg you have), I'm all for 'em.

No one believes they're covers. I'm happy with the black vinyl but special ordering some multi-colored ones would be sweet.
Having received the swatch of (dark) gray today, that's what I'm going with, all gray. I'm still not sure how the covers will look with the predominantly black interior, but I like this shade well enough that I know I'll be happy looking down and around and seeing it. I'll miss [the idea of] blue stitching, but am happy to forgo the upcharge and Wait.

Do you mean the upgraded armrest console? I end up using the cup holder that's down there so don't think I would like it.
Yes, that's the one I mean. The thing is, I don't even use the stock armrest very often, so am not sure I want to invest in a 'better' one, let alone at the going price point. Its small bit o' storage appeals to me (and, it really does-- I like its interior size better than that of the caverns in armrests I've seen in other vehicles).

My passengers miss having an armrest, however. Maybe I should have them chip in for one.

I really want to pick up a magic board though. Wish those weren't so pricey. Looks like it would add some strength to the cargo area floor and allow me to have a good place to keep water bottle and dog gear in the back. I end up using the front passenger floor for that stuff now.
I'm still not sure what the Magic Board is/does, but agree that the cargo area floor seems uncomfortably thin. If you do end up getting the Board, I look forward to your pictures and impressions.

~ S.