2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing body door weather seal 2010 Sport Fit.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Replacing body door weather seal 2010 Sport Fit.

Hi, Just wondering if any one has had to replace the weather seal on their fit.
I've been told it's from my butt rubbing on the seal as I get into the Car.

I would like to do this myself and I was wondering if there's any tricks or anything I should know before I remove the old one and insert the new one.

Cheers
Colin

here's a picture

Last edited by BluestarCK; 06-19-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
to properly add pictures, you have to go to your picture on flickr, then click on share (box with an arrow pointing up-right). When the new dialog box shows up, click on "BBCode" and it'll give you a link to the picture that can be used on the forum...

btw, you don't have to click on the "insert image" button when posting here using this link, as BBCode link will already include the img tag.

But yeah, it probably is from you rubbing it as you enter and exit the Fit.

Took a while to find... it's not listed as weatherstrip, but instead as a seal. The part on the door itself is listed as the weatherstrip.

I can't be sure what year your Fit is... but for my 2010, this is the part.. "72355-TK6-A01 - SEAL, L. DOOR OPENING" - Bernardi Parts

For 2012/2013, it's slightly different: "72355-TK6-A51 - SEAL, L. FR. DOOR OPENING" - Bernardi Parts

If you have a USDM 2008 Fit, it's actually part of the first gen (outside of the USDM, 2008 is 2nd gen)... and the part is: Honda SEAL, L. FR. DOOR OPENING - Bernardi Parts

Looking at the repair manual, it looks pretty straight forward... pull old one out, push new one in.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Goobers, yes I was having some trouble inserting the picture. Thanks for the explanation. My fit is a 2010.

Thanks for the parts #. I've ordered the parts already. My Fit is a Canadian model.

Cheers
Colin

Old 07-06-2018, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
2013 Fit Rear Left Door Opening Seal

My rear left (driver side) door opening seal is falling apart (see pics). Part number and advice for DIY replacement would be most appreciated!

Old 07-15-2018, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
I just replaced my driver side front door seal on my 2013 and it looked like yours when I replaced it. I'm not sure why it went bad, but I think part, or most of the problem, is the seal actually wants to stick to the door when I open the door- even the new seal sticks. I'm going to try some silicone spray on mine to help prevent it from wanting to stick.

It's pretty easy to get the seal off. Just grab the seal with your finger tips and start pulling it away from the pinch weld around the door opening. There is no glue etc. holding it on- just a tight fit (no pun intended).

I would preface these installation instructions with my suggestion of spraying the outer surface of the seal with silicone spray prior to installation, and letting the silicone soak in a little before installation. When you start the new seal, look for the molded bends in the new seal and match that bend to the corresponding bend around the door opening. Go to the next bend and press it on. When you're finished aligning the seal to the door opening, go back and press firmly all around the seal and make sure the seal is firmly seated. If this works in preventing the new seal from sticking, I'd take the time and pull the other door seals off and spray them with silicone as well. Cleaning the area around where the seal both seats and where it seals to the body would help the installation process as well.

As far as a part number for the seal, you can figure this out yourself by going on any Honda dealer web site that sells parts over the internet (like College Hills Honda), and look your part number up on that web site- that' what I did.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you very much for the detailed and helpful post! I have ordered the seals and will follow your tips to remove/install.

In my case the rear-seal damage was most probably caused by my excited dogs jumping into the back seat and frequently scraping the seal with their paws.

I spray silicone on all my door/hatch/hood rubber seals before each winter to keep them from freezing/sticking/drying.

Thanks again!