2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy new year peeps! I am a noob and have a noob question bout bumpers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Happy new year peeps! I am a noob and have a noob question bout bumpers!

Hi peeps, As title suggests, i am a noob and i have searched the forum but with no real answers to what i am trying to find out........

Anyway, i have also been spending alot of time on the internet trying to find answers to my dilemma.....

I was wondering, i am on the market for a Honda Jazz 2008+ model (GE Model i think).

This is the car i am looking to buy: 2008 Honda Fit (Japanese Import 1.4 Auto)

My question is, i would like to replace the bumpers to the Si Sports pack ones like this:

I have literally tried to search everywhere for information about this. I wanted to find out wether these bumpers are interchangeable?

And also, if they are........ Does anyone know of the part numbers for the front bumper (complete), Grille, Sideskirts and Rear Bumper?

I am guessing i can buy these from a Honda Dealer, but again, i have searched and searched but cannot find the part numbers?

Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Happy new year folks!

Attached Thumbnails Happy new year peeps!  I am a noob and have a noob question bout bumpers!-80-6gsxbcr2d3jfaglapwnvnoc28n8benyvesxr_ysrsb4_322dfda0d1782286e089878fcd9423dbcc6630ba.png   Happy new year peeps!  I am a noob and have a noob question bout bumpers!-80-fwx0q2b4n_fcgqemsvl_nqqlzxjeevf_mgo5je97btk_22c328ccc2e587fe2ba70087764dca4be41c967f.png   Happy new year peeps!  I am a noob and have a noob question bout bumpers!-80-hondajazzrt1_67a429265ab3c26f555a7cd6b29cbfdd18eeec79.jpg   Happy new year peeps!  I am a noob and have a noob question bout bumpers!-80-hondajazzrt3_a92d9fd15223ceed0c199f5bbf49755d1822eb25.jpg  
Old 01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm this one might be harder for the majority of us to answer. Primarily the forum caters the United States Honda Fits. We do know a little bit about the Japanese GE fits but not enough to know for certain if its a direct swap.

But I can try and maybe a few others can chime in.

I know the rear bumpers should be easier to switch, less parts to convert over. But the real issue is the front bumper. You will need the Front bumper, bumper support, crash bar for the sport, as well as the sport grill and additionally the fog lights.

As for the parts numbers that will have to be your task in finding those. For us the part numbers don't work with the USDM crash bars/ supports etc. So nobody here has the info readily available. You mentioned the car was an import and that you are listed as in Ireland. So it might not be directly available in your country from the honda dealer.

And lastly here is the real reason I wanted to comment on this thread. The fit you posted wanting to purchase has a front and rear lip kit that I have never even seen before which makes it rather rare in the honda fit group. Additionally I have never seen those side skirts either. The whole reason this sticks out is because I have seen many different Fits from the US to Japan to Thailand and to the Philippines, and have never seen that lip kit. If anything I would not even change those parts of the car, if I am being honest. The bumpers you are trying to convert are very common but the kit it currently has is way more exotic in my opinion.

So I would keep those as is. And one additional note. The entire bumper to bumper swap would be very expensive. About $2,000 USDM. If they needed to be imported from Japan shipping alone would be about another $2,000 dollars.

Best of luck on what you decide.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Hmm this one might be harder for the majority of us to answer. Primarily the forum caters the United States Honda Fits. We do know a little bit about the Japanese GE fits but not enough to know for certain if its a direct swap.

But I can try and maybe a few others can chime in.

I know the rear bumpers should be easier to switch, less parts to convert over. But the real issue is the front bumper. You will need the Front bumper, bumper support, crash bar for the sport, as well as the sport grill and additionally the fog lights.

As for the parts numbers that will have to be your task in finding those. For us the part numbers don't work with the USDM crash bars/ supports etc. So nobody here has the info readily available. You mentioned the car was an import and that you are listed as in Ireland. So it might not be directly available in your country from the honda dealer.

And lastly here is the real reason I wanted to comment on this thread. The fit you posted wanting to purchase has a front and rear lip kit that I have never even seen before which makes it rather rare in the honda fit group. Additionally I have never seen those side skirts either. The whole reason this sticks out is because I have seen many different Fits from the US to Japan to Thailand and to the Philippines, and have never seen that lip kit. If anything I would not even change those parts of the car, if I am being honest. The bumpers you are trying to convert are very common but the kit it currently has is way more exotic in my opinion.

So I would keep those as is. And one additional note. The entire bumper to bumper swap would be very expensive. About $2,000 USDM. If they needed to be imported from Japan shipping alone would be about another $2,000 dollars.

Best of luck on what you decide.

Thanks for the reply and the words of wisdom Mr.Hollow.

I have been thinking about it, and maybe you are right about the kit which is on this car. Maybe i will just leave as is. I have yet to go and see this car in person, maybe i will change my mind once i see it in person.

I managed to find the part numbers while searching through this forum last night. Some great information on FitFreaks!

I will give u guys more updates when i go to see this car. Ill upload more pics!

Old 01-06-2016, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
I have also done much searching on bumpers, grills & spoilers & never seen the one on the car in your pics. If it were me, I would leave them and put the $ into rims & suspension. Just my opinion, good luck.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne
Hi peeps, As title suggests, i am a noob and i have searched the forum but with no real answers to what i am trying to find out........

Anyway, i have also been spending alot of time on the internet trying to find answers to my dilemma.....

I was wondering, i am on the market for a Honda Jazz 2008+ model (GE Model i think).

This is the car i am looking to buy: 2008 Honda Fit (Japanese Import 1.4 Auto)

My question is, i would like to replace the bumpers to the Si Sports pack ones like this:

I have literally tried to search everywhere for information about this. I wanted to find out wether these bumpers are interchangeable?

And also, if they are........ Does anyone know of the part numbers for the front bumper (complete), Grille, Sideskirts and Rear Bumper?

I am guessing i can buy these from a Honda Dealer, but again, i have searched and searched but cannot find the part numbers?

Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance!

Happy new year folks!

It looks like 2 add on pieces to the front bumper.. looks kinda funny to me. I would change it. Or take it off.. lol

Old 01-10-2016, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Batman:

I'm not sure about the Honda FIT/Jazz in Europe but the ones in the US have the longer nose/tail bumpers than the ones in Japan. The JDM FIT is shorter in both areas and I know other locations around the world use the JDM Fit as their platform (Not sure about Europe - if it's the same as the US or not). The one you have pictured, the JDM uses the short nose and tail and if photos on the internet are accurate, the EDM Jazz uses the same short nose/tail as it's JDM Counterpart. Most components should be a direct swap so you likely don't have to worry about additional items such as the bumper support (needed to convert a USDM Fit to JDM Front bumper). Likely you need the bumper Cover, Fog Lights, and possibly a new Grille. you may need little misc items as well but I wouldn't think you need any major supporting items. If it was a USDM Fit, there would be a lot of work.

That Said, I'm just going by memory of other posts I've seen here and elsewhere and there's nothing like good old fashioned research/part number comparisons to make sure items (such as the bumper support) aren't needed. - if it's the same part number for both the Base and Si models, there's no need to swap.

good Luck.
~SB

Old 01-10-2016, 09:14 AM
thanks for the info SB!

I've no experience with the USDM jazz at all. I was under the assumption all jazz's were the same if they were the same year......

I'll have to look deeper into this!

thanks again the the helpful info!