2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket stereo question..

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:17 AM
Aftermarket stereo question..

I'm interested in doing an aftermarket stereo double din. Does anyone know if the Honda Soundlink (iPod adapter) in the glove box just plugs into the back of the stereo as a USB? This will affect if I buy one that has USB port on the back or not.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-28-2016, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
Funny you should ask, I'm heading outside in an hour to open up my 2012 Base and install an aftermarket Pioneer DEH-X8700BH with the USB input in the back. I have two 2012 Base Fits and last summer I put a pioneer FH-X720BT intop Fit 1. The USB in the glove box is not a standard USB where it attaches into the Honda Radio. It is part of the proprietary wire bundle. You will lose that connection with an aftermarket radio. The FH-X720BT (horrible screen that you can't see) has a front panel USB input, while the DEH-X8700BH has a back USB input. I'll have to see where I can route the cord down to the center console. I mostly use Bluetooth streaming. Be careful with aftermarket radios - most of the screens are impossible to see during the day. With the Fit, the radio will tilt back slightly so you are not looking at it from straight on. Since the FH-X720BT is a cheap LCD, that cuts the brightness ALOT. Even if you were looking at it straight on, it wouldn't be terribly bright. The DEH-X8700BH has a different screen and doesn't have that problem, but since it's a single DIN, it does look aftermarket - which doesn't bother me. Someday I hope to replace both with units that support Carplay and Android Auto. The JBL Legend CP100 looks interesting but I've heard there are no subwoofer outputs and of course for the first time I'm adding a powered subwoofer to my car.
Today I hope to add in the OEM center console , replace the head unit, hook up the Kenwood KSC-SW11, hard wire the GPS to the fuse box and add in my Scangauge in the pocket below the radio. The radio and the scangauge came from my old car. Grabbed them before I traded it in for Fit 2. Most likely I won't get it all done today, But I'll get it started.
The hardest part is getting the radio pulled out - get the dashboard tools as it's tightly in there. Once you get it started, it's not bad - although the wires to the radio are a bit of a challenge to release. You need small nimble hands which mine are not.

Last edited by Rigaudon; 02-28-2016 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:39 AM
Well darn. I like having the iPod hidden. It's not a huge deal to re-wire a cord, I just figured if it's already there, why not? Well thanks for the reply. I don't need a bunch of fancy options, my main thing was Bluetooth since I'm on the road often for work.

Thanks again.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:59 PM
Hi every one!
I really need your help right now. I've recently bought Android 4.4 Car GPS Navigation Stereo Headunit Satnav for Honda Accord 2008-2012, which brand is Rupse.
I could not get sound out of it. My original radio does have sound but this device doesn’t have. A guy who installed that told me he has no idea how to get sound. Do you have any instruction for how get the sound? I really appreciate it if you can help me with that.