2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHICH HOSE is the return hose from the Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
WHICH HOSE is the return hose from the Radiator

To the transmisson?

Have gone through a ton of posts, but they all talk about the return and the pressure hose.....but NOBODY says which hose is which.....lol

Have 2013 Fit. Looking down at the radiator from the front.....is the return hose the LEFT hose or the RIGHT hose going into the radiator?

z

Old 04-04-2017, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
The pipe with the inline filter is the return to the transmission, so at the radiator the return is on the left (drivers side).

*Left and right on any vehicle are always determined as the driver sits facing forward, no matter where you are standing on the outside of the car.*

Old 04-04-2017, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
The pipe with the inline filter is the return to the transmission, so at the radiator the return is on the left (drivers side).

*Left and right on any vehicle are always determined as the driver sits facing forward, no matter where you are standing on the outside of the car.*
THANK YOU!!!.....

So looking down at the radiator, it would be the line on the right....close to the end of the radiator on the right.........Thanks again

And I will change the filter as well.......just a thought, but one would think the filter should be on the line goint INTO the radiator.....given the small passages in the radiator cooling core.......just a thought.....z

z

Old 04-04-2017, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zardiw
THANK YOU!!!.....

So looking down at the radiator, it would be the line on the right....close to the end of the radiator on the right........
It's still on the left of the car, technically, as related to the drivers orientation. At work I usually say 'drivers' or 'passengers' side, but on an international forum some people in other countries might be in right-hand-drive cars, so it doesn't always work. I know, it's nit-picking to many people but I am stuck in the life.
I have to stop and think about "left" and "right", they just aren't natural to me anymore. Cars are the reason why.

but one would think the filter should be on the line goint INTO the radiator.....
I think they want to protect the trans from any debris that may come out of the radiator cooler.
If a trans were to fail, the cooler is likely to catch debris internally, and if that debris then migrates into the replacement trans, could quickly ruin that new trans.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah.......I guess having 2 filters would be ideal.....I wonder how small those passages in the cooler are.......maybe it's not an issue......I know on a Chevy they are pretty small.....rectangular.....really small cooler on a Chevy Truck......I installed an external one, once I realized how small that cooler was....not much bigger than an empty toilet paper roll........I'm sure Honda has a bigger one, that's better designed.....z

Last edited by Zardiw; 04-05-2017 at 08:13 AM.