2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Door Lock Actuator - 2011 Honda Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 09:18 PM
Question Removing Door Lock Actuator - 2011 Honda Fit Sport

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I've been having trouble finding the answer myself. I recently had my rear driver side door lock actuator in my 2011 Fit Sport go bad on me. I shopped around some local shops, but all of them wanted $350-$450 for the parts and repair. I can't afford to drop that much on a repair like this right now, so after watching videos of similar procedures on the internet, I decided to grab a replacement actuator from eBay and swap it out myself.

I've been able to get it all the way to the point where I just need to physically remove the old actuator from the door, but that's where I get stuck. The metal track that the window slides up and down through is in the way and it seems like no matter how I twist and turn the actuator I can't get it out of the door.

There's a small screw that attaches the window track to the bottom of the door which I've removed. That gives me a little extra wiggle room but it's still not enough to get the actuator out.

Can anyone with experience with this particular repair shed some light on the situation? Am I missing something? If nothing else, is there maybe a detailed guide or video you can point me to that might help? This whole thing's been super frustrating (I've lost a few Saturday afternoons to this at this point) and I'm hoping that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew by taking this on myself. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

~ J

Old 05-20-2017, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
There's a small screw that attaches the window track to the bottom of the door which I've removed. That gives me a little extra wiggle room but it's still not enough to get the actuator out.
There's a nut near the top of that channel, remove that nut...pull the track forward, that should give just enough room to sneak the latch assembly past the track.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Anyone get an answer on this?

I'm also looking for the procedure to R+R - L.Rear Door Actuator Lock on '11 Fit Sport

There is one guy on youtube, but I believe there may be an easier / more correct way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCo...ature=youtu.be