2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever lift their Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Americancosworth
This is what you get with using just the rear 2010-2014 Honda Insight Springs on the Honda Fit.

http://imgur.com/gallery/R86kAR3
That looks sweet, got any more pics of the rally lights setup?

@Davis I haven't noticed any issues with alignment or tire wear so far.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:40 PM
to reiterate....

Old 12-08-2018, 01:12 AM

Here is another better pic of the car with the lift on it. It handles very well on ice and snow now... Waiting to install the rear antisway bar as well as the front skid plate...

Old 12-08-2018, 02:15 AM
Looks like your still running stock tire sizes right? I’m planning on going 195/65/15 with mine.

My rear insight springs came in, just waiting on my Mr Gasket spacers for the front.

Please share youre skid plate design when you get around to doing it. I need to make mine as well. Should I go 1/8” steel or 1/4” aluminum? I need to find a shop that can bend it for me once I figure out how I want it.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Davis2001r6
Looks like your still running stock tire sizes right? I’m planning on going 195/65/15 with mine.

My rear insight springs came in, just waiting on my Mr Gasket spacers for the front.

Please share youre skid plate design when you get around to doing it. I need to make mine as well. Should I go 1/8” steel or 1/4” aluminum? I need to find a shop that can bend it for me once I figure out how I want it.
please post pics. I'm following and planning on trying the insight springs on my 2017 Fit

Old 02-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by SFL_Fit
please post pics. I'm following and planning on trying the insight springs on my 2017 Fit
Sorry I failed to get a before and after pic. I'll post the after pic tomorrow. The rear insight springs are nice, and clearly more heavy duty. They are probably 30% thicker than stock.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by degnaw
"Tema4x4" on eBay sells strut spacers for the front and spring spacers for the rear.

I installed universal spring spacers in the front (Mr Gasket 1285, for a 1" lift) a few weeks ago and have been driving around without any noticeable negative effects. I also ordered the 30mm rear spacers from tema4x4, which I'll report back on when I have them installed.
How did you install the front spacer? Did you have to remove the whole strut? We tried just using a spring compressor without removing the strut but couldn't slide it under there. Any tips?

Old 02-26-2019, 05:53 PM
Sorry I failed to get a before and after pic. I'll post the after pic tomorrow. The rear insight springs are nice, and clearly more heavy duty. They are probably 30% thicker than stock.
does the car sit higher?

Old 02-27-2019, 04:52 AM

27 1/4” to the rear arch with insight springs.

New stance. Rear springs only at this point.
Yeah it’s definitely an increase for the rear. I forgot to measure prior to, but my wheel arches are sitting at about 27 1/4”. My fronts at 25”. Can someone measure theirs to see whatnot the back sits at stock?

Old 02-27-2019, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
How did you install the front spacer? Did you have to remove the whole strut? We tried just using a spring compressor without removing the strut but couldn't slide it under there. Any tips?
Yes, I removed the strut and removed the spring to install the spacer. I did have to use a spring compressor to get the top of the strut back on afterwards.

Also you may have already done this, but I believe I also had to trim the spacer to give it a smaller diameter.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Thanks. I figured you had to actually remove it. I just ran short on time yesterday. My bolts are pretty rusted some I’m going to soak them for a week or so and try it again.

Looking at your picture I could see it was trimmed a little. I didn’t realize it was because it was too large or to help with the lower rubber gasket/silencer to seat.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Any updates here?

Originally Posted by Americancosworth
Spacers similar that push the spring down or that length struts. There are two that I am aware of, one is sold on eBay from Russia (look for seller Tema4x4) and another I believe is sold from spaccer.com... Pro's with this approach is that it can be cheap and you aren't changing the springs... Cons are that your not really increasing the capacity of your suspension so much as just pushing your car up...

2010-2014 Honda Insight OEM springs, they have been confirmed to fit and provide not only about 1.25" lift they also increase your carrying capacity by about 200-300lbs due to them being designed for a car that is about that amount heavier...

The part numbers for the springs are:
51401TM8A03 <= front springs
​​​​​​52441TM8A03 <= rear springs

Things I do no know but could be potentially useful: 2010-2014 Honda insight uses in effect Honda Fit suspension, now it would be interesting to see if there are any length differences for the front struts as then one could potential be able to do a 2" lift using both spacers and springs in the rear...

One could also look at doing insight springs in the rear and spacers in the front...
AmericanCosworth, how's your Insight spring lift doing? Any pictures/news on the skid plate?

Has anyone who done springs or spacers done alignment? I'm curious how the lift effects handling with the rear toe not being adjustable.

Where are we at with shocks? I'm not in love with the fact that the stock suspension is already pretty rough...do the Insight springs ride even rougher? I actually want to soften up my suspension a little bit.

Last edited by PolymathPaul; 03-13-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:12 PM
My rears are in and running 185/65/15 tires. I didn’t like the 195’s I test fitted.

I tried the front spacers but have a strut with a seized/stripped hex bolt. So new strut assemblies are in order. Should have it in within 2 weeks.

I like the ride better already. It just feels more solid, fully in a good way though. I’ll update when the fronts come in.

By by the way these look better than the spacer lift, just wish they weren’t this much and sold them as front only.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283372281775

Old 03-13-2019, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Honestly I'd sooner cut a coil off the Insight springs than run 30mm rubber spacers that cost $100/pair.

My biggest worry about the Insight springs is an increase in spring rate, making the already stiff Fit very harsh without proper shocks. Hence why I wonder what kind of shock options are out there, especially for the Insight.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
They stole my photo for the eBay listing LOL

The fronts only are available from tema4x4: https://tema4x4.ru/catalog/prostavki...oliuretan.html
It's on eBay as well, but quite a bit more expensive.

Old 09-15-2019, 11:06 PM
Hi all. New to the forum here hope its ok to post on an old thread.

I’ve had a 2008 Fit since it was new. We recently bought a new car but were not offered much for the trade-in, so decided to keep the Fit as sort of a project car. The first thing I want to do is lift it a bit to increase the ground clearance. This thread has been helpful but I have a few questions.

Right now my thinking is to use 1 inch coil spacers all around then replace the tires with 195/65/15s. One question I have is will the Mr Gasket 1285 spacers work in the front and rear? As far as I can tell they should work in the rear but I see some of you used either the tema4x4 product or longer springs instead. I also like the Spaccer product but I’m not sure if it is worth the high cost.

Davis2001r6, what was it that you did not like about the 195/65/15s?

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by mark2008
Hi all. New to the forum here hope its ok to post on an old thread.

I’ve had a 2008 Fit since it was new. We recently bought a new car but were not offered much for the trade-in, so decided to keep the Fit as sort of a project car. The first thing I want to do is lift it a bit to increase the ground clearance. This thread has been helpful but I have a few questions.

Right now my thinking is to use 1 inch coil spacers all around then replace the tires with 195/65/15s. One question I have is will the Mr Gasket 1285 spacers work in the front and rear? As far as I can tell they should work in the rear but I see some of you used either the tema4x4 product or longer springs instead. I also like the Spaccer product but I’m not sure if it is worth the high cost.

Davis2001r6, what was it that you did not like about the 195/65/15s?

Thanks for your help.
I ended up using Honda Insight springs on the back (highly recommend) and the eBay spacer from tema4x4 for the front.

The Mr Gasket spacers would work ok in the back, I just finished the Mongol Rally and a few teams were using them, many teams also went through a few sets of them over 2 months of hard use so I wouldn’t go that route seeing them now.

I could never ever get my front struts disassembled (old or new), so I couldn’t try them for the front like I originally wanted. But I’m extremely happy how the Tema 4x4 ones worked out.

As for the 196/65/15’s. I have the 1.2 liter engine (UK model), it couldn’t maintain speed in 5th gear unless I was doing 75+. Any incline at all I’d be downshifting as well.

My car was also previosuly wrecked on the rigt side, so it sits a 1/2” lower for the front right, that half inch also made the 195’s rub.

I had zero problems with the 185’s over the worst imaginable terrain driving to Mongolia.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:15 AM

Desert in Turkmenistan

Cappadocia Turkey

D-915 in Turkey, once named the most dangerous road in the road by a random magazine. Great views but not deadly.

Camping near Afghan border in Tajikistan. The great car has Mr gasket spacers.

Afghan border with Tajikistan.

Some pics along the Mongol Rally

Old 09-16-2019, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Just followed you on Instagram! So glad to see you made it through to the end!!

Old 09-25-2019, 12:46 PM
How I lifted my 2013 Fit

My 2013 base model Fit scrapes a little going across a creek on a concrete ford of my driveway. My new tires are oversize 195/65R-15 (up two sizes). There is no rubbing of them on the car at either front or rear. I put the first pair on the rear. I hope the second pair on the front will solve the scrape, because it will raise the car one inch. Side benefits are lower rpm on the interstate, higher margin for load capacity, and it is a more substantial tire.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever lift their Fit?