2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat covers recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Seat covers recommendations

Hello all recent owner of a sweet Honda fit 2011 here and new to the forum. I bought this mainly due to my recent new job that requires some commuting, safety perks and style. After test driving a couple other cars the interior seating on this was better than most, however they're still stiff. Wondered if anyone has some advice on seat covers, cushion support etc. Not looking to sink a lot of $$'s into this, but something that will be comfortable that will fit the Fit nicely. Thanks in advanced.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Custom Seat Covers

Hi! I don't know what your spending limit is, but I ordered a set of the custom Clazzio's for my 2012 Fit, and they fit perfectly, and look good as well. Search "Seat Covers" in the forum to get an idea. I'm adding a picture of mine! Hope this helps!

Old 03-11-2018, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Walmart. I always put a plastic trash bag under the passenger one. I haul my mom to all of her dr appts and there can be some leakage. My "trying to impress" days are over. Get-R-Done!

Old 03-15-2018, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Costco has a nice set of neoprene with a breathable sport weave in the middle for like $25 a pair fits nice if you take your time

Old 03-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by arrowfit
Hello all recent owner of a sweet Honda fit 2011 here and new to the forum. I bought this mainly due to my recent new job that requires some commuting, safety perks and style. After test driving a couple other cars the interior seating on this was better than most, however they're still stiff. Wondered if anyone has some advice on seat covers, cushion support etc. Not looking to sink a lot of $$'s into this, but something that will be comfortable that will fit the Fit nicely. Thanks in advanced.
Hi @arrowfit,
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum!
If you are looking for seat covers that will fit like a glove without getting baggy, you are welcome to view our catalog of seat covers for the 2011 Fit by following the link below:
2011 Honda Fit seat covers at CARiD
As for the brand recommendation, I'd pick one of those CoverKing seat covers, as we keep getting so many positive reviews on them.
Hope this helps!

Old 03-26-2018, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Since the 2nd gen Fits (GE) have airbags in the sides of both front seats, wouldn't these seat covers basically obstruct the airbags from deploying if ever needed in a potential accident?

I would think that carefully designed (OEM) seat covers should account for the side airbags in the proper location. However buying some cheap, generic, universal seat covers, will likely not account for these at all, or have them placed in an incompatible location.

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 03-27-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Andrei_ierdnA
Since the 2nd gen Fits (GE) have airbags in the sides of both front seats, wouldn't these seat covers basically obstruct the airbags from deploying if ever needed in a potential accident?
You are absolutely right, universal seat covers are not designed for a specific vehicle, so they may interfere with the airbags. Yet, if you follow the link below and pick custom-fit seat covers, they will work with the factory air bags and will not interfere with them.

Last edited by carid; 03-28-2018 at 03:38 AM.