2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Should I buy this 2013 Honda Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
forgive me for asking, but I am a bit confused. You say that you don't need it? Then why buy it? The one poster was right on the money: 3 owners in that short amount of time is a big red flag. That's like taking your chances on buying a rental car from Enterprise. The first thing I saw was that it has MD plates. After the recent flooding in Ellicott City and elsewhere, I would, at a minimum, go over the car with a fine tooth comb to ensure it is not a flood car. The car you posted also is just a base model. I wouldn't consider a base Fit model. Save your hard earned money for a trip of a lifetime. Cars are meant to be run into the ground. If you have 2 good working ones already, drive 'em till they die.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by BurntZ
forgive me for asking, but I am a bit confused. You say that you don't need it? Then why buy it? The one poster was right on the money: 3 owners in that short amount of time is a big red flag. That's like taking your chances on buying a rental car from Enterprise. The first thing I saw was that it has MD plates. After the recent flooding in Ellicott City and elsewhere, I would, at a minimum, go over the car with a fine tooth comb to ensure it is not a flood car. The car you posted also is just a base model. I wouldn't consider a base Fit model. Save your hard earned money for a trip of a lifetime. Cars are meant to be run into the ground. If you have 2 good working ones already, drive 'em till they die.
Thanks for looking out for me, indeed there was a flooding in MD. I have never seen so much rain before. I think the car is not flooded though. The owner is someone my wife knows and the reason for selling is leaving the country for good.
Right now we have 2 cars but I'm selling mine since the muffler is too loud and it's not worth it to get it replaced. I rarely drive, I drive probably once a month. So we don't actually need 2 cars, we can survive without getting it. However when it comes the time to get rid of the accord and buying a replacement, I don't feel like buying from a dealership since in the past I often got taken advantage of. That's why I think this might be a good opportunity to get a reliable car. My wife will be driving it and I can be driving the accord. (which has various cosmetic issues due to parking in NYC area. so I feel kinda guilty letting her drive such a ugly looking car)

Old 06-10-2018, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
If concerned about flooding pop off a lower door jamb panel and pull back the carpet a bit. That area should never get wet normal so either it'll be dry and dusty, or damp with mold. Its possible to dry out a car that's been flooded, it wouldn't be my first choice but it can be done, you just need to do it before the mold grows to a critical volume and makes you sick.

I saw a guy on YouTube buy a flooded Tesla (!) and powerwash the outside and inside, yes seats and dash too. Not sure how he dried it after but. Fired right up. Amazing.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by fujisawa
If concerned about flooding pop off a lower door jamb panel and pull back the carpet a bit. That area should never get wet normal so either it'll be dry and dusty, or damp with mold. Its possible to dry out a car that's been flooded, it wouldn't be my first choice but it can be done, you just need to do it before the mold grows to a critical volume and makes you sick.

I saw a guy on YouTube buy a flooded Tesla (!) and powerwash the outside and inside, yes seats and dash too. Not sure how he dried it after but. Fired right up. Amazing.
Partly due to your comment. Ultimately we decided against buying it. Since we don't need another car at the moment. However, honda fit is a great car. Next time!

Old 06-21-2018, 01:36 PM
When you do decide to get another car... Definitely go with the fit... most versatile compact car in my opinion...