2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013: What is everyone paying?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:25 AM
Tk3
5 Year Member
2013: What is everyone paying?

I plan to purchase a 2013 Fit soon and I'd like to find out what everyone has been paying. Any details about your purchases would be greatly appreciated.

- I hadn't seen a 2013 thread started for this subject, so I thought I'd start it.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
I would love to hear feedback on this too! I'm looking...

Old 09-01-2012, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
I bought a 2013 Fit Base Model AT for $18650 total, tax license delivery fee everything included. No accessories. Paid with cash, one payment.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm in L.A. too. Can you share what dealer you bought it from? Airport Marina Honda told me that Honda hasn't released the 2013 yet... Meanwhile, I'm still gathering quotes from other dealers.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah sure. Back ground information, I am 18, new driver, this is my first car so I don't really have a lot of experience with these stuff. I test drove the Honda Fit, Toyota Prius C and Ford Fiesta last week, and because of the price I went for the Fit.
I bought it from Goudy Honda from Alhambra, CA 91801. I purchased it literally 3 days, I was really aiming for the 2012 base model (quoted from dealer @ $16,650 car+destination fee) but they didn't have the color I wanted. So the dealer told me they had the 2013 for only 4-5 hundred bucks more. I checked it out, and we went on to negotiate the price. At first he offered me around $19300 (everything included) with the Anti-theft system. Then my mom low-balled him with $18,500, after a few round and "walk out" we set the price on $18,650 without the Anti-theft system. *sidenote: they can always deactivate it when they sell the car so if you don't wanna pay 500 bucks for it, just ask* I paid with cash and my mom did all the paperwork with me as a co-signer so I don't really know all the details. I don't know if many dealers have the 13 models but Honda has the "Summer Clearance Sale Event" so I guess they are trying to clear room for the new models, which mean it will come soon enough

Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
just got a 2013 base auto Fit in the cleveland ohio area for ~16.5 base, or ~17.8 otd. i probably could have haggled some on it, but i honestly dont enjoy that stuff (at all), and it was the lowest quote i received in all dealers within 50-some miles of where i live.

loving it so far! muchhh nicer than a mid-90s civic, haha

Last edited by brianmanahan; 09-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tk3
I plan to purchase a 2013 Fit soon and I'd like to find out what everyone has been paying. Any details about your purchases would be greatly appreciated.

- I hadn't seen a 2013 thread started for this subject, so I thought I'd start it.

Thanks!
I just purchased a 2013 Fit Sport Automatic in Tafetta White this past Monday and picked it up on Tuesday. I got from the MSRP of $18,700 to a flat $18K with a Cargo Net and 1 year maintenance (2 oil changes) included.

I did the Consumer Reports Price Report ($14) and they have a Build and Buy service that gives you offers from three *local* dealers. The dealers weren't too local, 30-50 miles (there are 4 within 10 miles of me), in a different state, and the lowest offer of $17,900 was an F-rated business by the BBB. But I was able to make an internet offer to one of the local dealers for $17.9K to which the salesman responded with an $18K offer (later claiming he thought it was a 2012 offer but standing by $18K) but the salesman kept saying no when I asked for more...so I went to another dealer, took a test drive and laid out the deal I already had and the low offer from the price service. They came back and to make the story short, offered $18K. To which I said I already had that offer and they offered the oil changes and I asked for the cargo net. They said yes, I said yes and I paid by cashiers check on Tuesday. Keys to the deal, 1-ready to buy now, 2-did the research and had other offers, 3-prepared to walk out, 4-(edit: almost forgot this) In-stock vehicle.

Bottom line, the dealers invoice (they showed it to me) was $18,220's. With holdbacks of around $358?, the cost to them is actually around $17,862. I felt I got an excellent price but I would look to pay $18,2 tops.

Last edited by Sabertooth; 09-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
otd depends on the sales tax in your region so probably better to note your before tax, ttl, registration amount.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sabertooth
I just purchased a 2013 Fit Sport Automatic in Tafetta White this past Monday and picked it up on Tuesday. I got from the MSRP of $18,700 to a flat $18K with a Cargo Net and 1 year maintenance (2 oil changes) included.

I did the Consumer Reports Price Report ($14) and they have a Build and Buy service that gives you offers from three *local* dealers. The dealers weren't too local, 30-50 miles (there are 4 within 10 miles of me), in a different state, and the lowest offer of $17,900 was an F-rated business by the BBB. But I was able to make an internet offer to one of the local dealers for $17.9K to which the salesman reponded with an $18K offer (later claiming he thought it was a 2012 offer but standing by $18K) but the salesman kept saying no when I asked for more...so I went to another dealer, took a test drive and laid out the deal I already had and the low offer from the price service. They came back and to make the story short, offered $18K. To which I said I already had that offer and they offered the oil changes and I asked for the cargo net. They said yes, I said yes and I paid by cashiers check on Tuesday. Keys to the deal, 1-ready to buy now, 2-did the research and had other offers, 3-prepared to walk out, 4-(edit: almost forgot this) In-stock vehicle.

Bottom line, the dealers invoice (they showed it to me) was $18,220's. With holdbacks of around $358?, the cost to them is actually around $17,862. I felt I got an excellent price but I would look to pay $18,2 tops.
Great price not much of a markup on the Fit. Congrats on your purchase.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Great price not much of a markup on the Fit. Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks! There were two things I was disappointed in right away and felt they should have included especially in the Sport trim. No cargo area cover (I always have crap in the cargo area) and no door sill trim. I saw Bernardi Honda while looking around for the accessories and then saw a recomend here so I ordered up the cargo cover, door sill trim and rear bumper applique from them on Wednesday, they shipped Thursday and I had the items today and installed them. Found Youtube videos on doing most of it. The dealer where I bought the car would have charged full retail so I saved about a buck fifty ordering from Bernardi.

I feel like the rear window needs a decal in that space to the sides of the wiper so I'm looking at Decal Junky for a nice dragon one or something. I'll try to post a picture if I apply one I like.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:44 PM
$16,499.99 OTD 2013 Honda fit MT. Went right when they were about to close. Told them I had cash. They wouldn't add floor mats. Just got the car tonight.
For new fit owners, go when they are about to close and talk with them a little ask them how many cars they sold today. The Honda that I went to haven't sold a car for like 3 days. That's why I think I got a good deal. I drove 1 hour away to get the fit and it save me almost $2k from what the other Honda dealer quoted me.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by daviddamanyu
$16,499.99 OTD 2013 Honda fit MT. Went right when they were about to close. Told them I had cash. They wouldn't add floor mats. Just got the car tonight.
For new fit owners, go when they are about to close and talk with them a little ask them how many cars they sold today. The Honda that I went to haven't sold a car for like 3 days. That's why I think I got a good deal. I drove 1 hour away to get the fit and it save me almost $2k from what the other Honda dealer quoted me.
I hear Mondays are the best day because the activity drops off a lot after the weekend.

Bernardi (MA) and College Hills (OH) Honda seem like they have good prices for OEM stuff like those mats. I bought a bunch of items from Berrnardi already (cargo cover, door sill trim, leather AT select knob, rear bumper applique). Ordered Wednesday, they shipped Thursday and I had the stuff Friday. I like the Mugen mirror cover they have at College Hills.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Bought 2013 Fit Base at today!

15998 for 2013 FIT base. This included all the fees (destination, doc). TTL brought the price up to 17,520. It included trunk tray and cover. I bought in bay area but my tax base is from a cheaper county in SoCal. Pick her up tomorrow!!

Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by Love2travel
15998 for 2013 FIT base. This included all the fees (destination, doc). TTL brought the price up to 17,520. It included trunk tray and cover. I bought in bay area but my tax base is from a cheaper county in SoCal. Pick her up tomorrow!!
That's dirt cheap for OTD here in the Bay Area. Which dealer?

Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Mike Harvey Honda. I dealt with Dorata. She was really sweet! I would do business with them again.
I did the Internet search first where I had everyone come back with their best price. It was initially going to be Honda of Serramonte because they had 2012s at 15915 before ttl or Anderson (who had good reviews in the 2012 topic). Anderson offered me their last one for 15977. When I asked Serramonte if they can throw anything in they replied no. Anderson had 1 guy who was rude over the phone and was pressuring me to come in. I then spoke to another guy later who quoted me a higher price but when i told him what the initial guy gave me he stated that was only if they financed me! BS! They couldn't match the 1.98 Apr from my bank.
Anyway Mike Harvey was steadily trying to push their 2012 on me for 15998. I asked her if she could meet the 15977 and she said no but she could do the 15998 for the 2013 model. I emailed her back and asked her to throw in a cargo tray and she said sure. Went in to complete the paperwork the next day and realized that i needed the cargo cover. She wouldnt throw it in, so I started to walk and her mgr appeared and gave her permission to give it to me. Btw when he finally wrote up my paperwork, he didnt realize that i had both the tray and the cover.
I know there is no difference between the 2012 and 2013 and I probably could have got the 2013 for a few dollars cheaper at Serramonte but it came down to convenience. Mike Harvey is within walking distance and it allowed me to not to worry about the logistics of getting there and bringing the new car back.
I love my new car. Especially after paying 80 to fill up the tank of my Acura tl which will be reserved date night.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Love2travel
I probably could have got the 2013 for a few dollars cheaper at Serramonte
The cargo cover retails for $166 with a street price of around $120 (I expect the dealer pays around 60% of retail or about $100) so consider you got that value plus the cargo tray (retail $114 so maybe cost dealer $68). I'd say you took the right deal.

I purchased the cargo cover for mine also as I always have a bunch of junk in the trunk. I also got the door sill trim which I felt really looks nice compared to the painted sills and I just added the Fit LED Ctr Brake light (20% tint on rear window).

Great job on your purchase, hope you enjoy!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Picked up our Fit last weekend from Sierra Honda in Monrovia from John Ruiz/Tina Ming. Found him via my usual forum @ s2ki.com since he owns a S2K.

Got a Taffeta White Sport Auto for $18,375 before TTL with the wheel locks, trunk tray, bumper sticker however you call it, and the floor mats? Wasn't sure if it was standard of not. Didn't matter anyway.

VERY happy with my experience. It was just easy, from a car guy to another car guy.

Last edited by pocky; 09-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Greetings.
I'm a long time First Gen Fit forum member (I have an 2008 Fit).
My wife totaled her 06 Elantra this past Wednesday, and I'm looking to get her a 13 Fit as a replacement.
I hate shopping for a new car, but you do what you have to do.
Anyway I have three "out the door" price quotes from Brevard County Florida dealers; $18,910.41, $18,284.43 and $17,933.85.
All three quotes are for a 2013 Base Fit with Automatic Transmission and the Vortex Blue color.
Interesting in that all three dealerships pay the same for the car, and we still have almost a $1000 out the door price spread.
What is really interesting, is that the lowest bidder also offers a free life time power train warranty, with all their new car sales.
I think you know who I'll be buying from, once the insurance company officially tells me they are totaling the car.
Gregg

Last edited by Gregg; 09-16-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Just bought a 2013 Alfetta White Fit Sport for 20,500 after taxes, & with warranties and such, total was about 22,000. The MSRP was 17,800 with accessories came out to 19,900 before taxes, and was able to talk them down to 18,500 while keeping the $1000 Karr alarm and $300 wheel locks. My payments come out to $302 per month for 60 months.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Hey I am new to this site and new to the Fit. I just purchased my 2013 Fit Sport for 18k. The color is midnight plumb.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bww...HhaV1ZMMTNRSE0

Quick Reply: 2013: What is everyone paying?