2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

AC not working, Blowing hot air

Old 07-08-2018, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to see all is working.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jpo805
Thanks for all the help everyone! Ended up following the wiring diagrams and repair manual from Black3sr and the thermal protector was bad. Given the age of the compressor I just replaced the whole thing and recharged the system to spec. All works great now !
Can you advise, or provide a picture of where the thermal protector is located and is it something that can be replaced? I think I'm having some issues described here and believe it may be related to this thermal protector. You are the only person I've found who has actually changed it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HobySmith
Can you advise, or provide a picture of where the thermal protector is located and is it something that can be replaced? I think I'm having some issues described here and believe it may be related to this thermal protector. You are the only person I've found who has actually changed it. Any assistance would be appreciated.
The thermal fuse is located on the magnetic coil. Not a Fit, but here's a thread from a BMW X5 forum ( our other car) in which the poster shows the location of the thermal fuse.

https://xoutpost.com/1041316-post4.html

You will be better off changing out the magnetic clutch instead of replacing the thermal fuse. A rebuilt clutch can be bought on eBay for about 60 bucks.

Last edited by upallnight; 08-09-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HobySmith
What year is your car?

2009-13, thermal protector is on the front of the compressor.
It's built as part the 3 wire plug harness on the compressor body.
It is purchased separate from the clutch/coil.

Pic: item #7 includes the protector and a few other pieces

Old 08-10-2018, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you for the information. Just to provide clarity have I identified the thermal protector in the diagram below? Also, do you know if the compressor has to be removed to replace it? All of the threads I've read have not indicated that the compressor was removed. Thanks

Old 04-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
OP if you need more send me your Email Addy and I will send complete PDF file
Originally Posted by ezone
OP may also want the page that shows the HVAC controls and the pressure switch
I just printed and have been looking at this schematic a few minutes before i scrolled down and see this post. I could sure use the page that includes the switch. I am currently trying to trouble shoot the system as i cannot get my compressor to kick on without jumping it directly to be battery.
Thanks

Old 04-05-2019, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Your resident library

I think this should help. I'm going to go ahead and provide several documents just to throw out some feelers. As you'll see, some data regarding surrounding components in the A/C system will be necessary, gotta have an isolated fault. Let me know if this covers it or you need more stuff

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HVAC Circuit Diagram.pdf (1.44 MB, 171 views)