2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me feel better about buying a high mileage Fit.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Flashesbuck
I thought about that, but it will block the ODO reset. I seen one photo of it mounted in the center just in front of the vents. on a bracket... Im still up in the air. I may, never move it lol. Cuz im kinda lazy.

Yes, those are safety glasses, I use them as sunglasses. They are $1.99 @ Harbor freight. I got sick and tired of loosing/braking glasses, and these things are cheap. I have pairs everywhere. I am never more than 10 feet away from a set when im at my house.
I mentioned it because we have free safety glasses up the wazoo at work (utility), and they look like the ones we have. Occasionally we get fancy Smith and Wesson safety glasses, but those go faster than poop on a rocketship.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:04 PM
Here's to hoping you get at least another 250k out of that motor.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
when you hit 500k .... please update us!

we've gotta get the official blogger to do a shout out or send you a card/flowers or something cool
For sure!

I've noticed there are two dudes in here with scangauges. I need to get one of those. Would like to see water/oil temps and oil pressure if possible.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:35 PM
First tank average was 35... This last tank was 37mpg... Was kinda conserend when I was reading all these issues with fuel consumption. Would say it's a pretty tight engine still to get these numbers.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by julianachos
For sure!

I've noticed there are two dudes in here with scangauges. I need to get one of those. Would like to see water/oil temps and oil pressure if possible.
dont forget about the Torque App! i have a bit of info on my thread

Old 08-26-2018, 08:31 PM
So I finally got the title in the mail, lol. Was kinda a sketchy dealership that I got it from, so I wasn't putting any more money in it until I had a clear title in my name.
have driven about 1000 miles already. The rear shocks we're completely shot. So today I tore them apart along with new front struts.
As someone else said, these cars seem easier to work on. As rusty as this car is, most of the fasteners came apart with no fuss. Although the sway bar end links did strip out. I just ground the heads off... And ordered new. Those links are only 5$ a side.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Here's what my '13 Fit (made in China) OEM shift knob looks like:

Sort of a golf ball dimpled appearance. It feels great in the hand and I really like it. Maybe a Honda dealer can order one for you, or maybe you can find one at the junk yard...

Originally Posted by julianachos
For sure!

I've got a SG2 on my Fit and it does not display oil pressure as one of its standard parameters.
There's a somewhat complicated way of adding extra parameters, through "XGauge", but I think it involves coding or lots of steps to get those set up. It felt too much of a hassle for me.
I've mounted mine on the top of the steering column, which blocks my view of the odometer section, so I've got the following parameters displayed on the SG2: instant fuel mileage, average trip fuel mileage, coolant temp and engine load (since it's a 5-speed and don't want to lug the engine).

Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Hi i boight one too used

I just bought a ge8 rs 86k km 2011. Still runs good as far as i I've driven it!

Old 10-12-2018, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
フォーラムへようこそ , Kitsken!

Old 10-12-2018, 07:11 PM
よろしくお願いします!

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
フォーラムへようこそ , Kitsken!

ああ!ありがとう! よろしくお願いします!

Thank you! I'm still in backread mode and i notice cars here ran more than 2x or even 5x more than what i just bought used! Maybe highway miles vs city. Here 70k km is considered old.
Just in case you want to know some diy we do here, check out minkara.carview.co.jp just translate to English the page and use Google translate for search input.

I only had my fit for a month and ive broke many clips and hooks by removing the panels! Lol
Scratches on the dash and blown fuse and bulbs!

Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Thank you! よろしくお願いします!
I replied earlier with an image attachment, i can see my pic on pics gallery but not in this thread. Ima havr to backread why it wont post here lol

Old 10-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Kitsken
Thank you! よろしくお願いします!
I replied earlier with an image attachment, i can see my pic on pics gallery but not in this thread. Ima havr to backread why it wont post here lol
Posts with attachments, and sometimes posts without attachments, are not automatically approved for posting. Moderator has to go through the control panel and approve them manually. Not sure what criterion have to be met for this to stop.