2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

2010 manual trans help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
2010 manual trans help please

Ok on sat July 10 I brought home my new black fit sport manual trans with 6 miles on it. Currently it has 317. Great and all but here's the issue im having. Coming to a stop I push clutch in, take out of gear, and coast to stop using brakes. When car comes to a complete stop(no road noise etc..) idle in neutral with foot off clutch ive heard a slight hum almost like the tires still faintly riding along the pavement coming from the trans. Hearing this noise I push in clutch and the noise stops. Then if I stay idle and let the clutch out no noise. Trying to duplicate noise pumping clutch or rocking gently from first to reverse doesn't work right after it happens. This event has happened twice now that ive heard for sure. Ive had throwout bearings go bad before in cars and the noise has been much worse and doesn't stop. Once they go they go. So I'm hoping this might be a common sound in the manual fit. Possibly due to break in? I dunno. Maybe other manual owners could weigh in on that. I'd hate to think my throwout bearings going bad with 300 miles on it and would be extremely unhappy if it had to be tore into and replaced. Even under warranty. Seriously. So please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by magnumkdb44
So please give me your thoughts.
Turn your radio up and you won't hear a thing.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I got a little worried when winter came after I bought my 09 fit in the summer, it made a pretty different idle noise then when it was warm out... not sure if this is what you are hearing, I'm no expert, I am going through my own clutch noise diagnostic problem right now too though so I feel your sympathies.

Honda was pretty good to me about doing a free ride along with a mechanic to attempt to identify the noise, maybe give that a try...

Check out my post about "Whine in stock clutch"