2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Valentine One (V1) Hardwire DIY

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joehemi
Have you sent in your V1 to get the new TMF2 update? Cuts down a lot on the falsing from blind spot monitoring systems that plague our roads with K-band today.
No, unfortunately, mine is too old for a firmware update. When I send it in, they'll be replacing it with a brand new one at around $250 (last time I checked). So I will probably just keep it as is for now and when I get another vehicle, buy a new V1. (I'll have 2 V1's for a total of $800 instead of 1 V1 at $650).

Fortunately, there isn't a ton of Radar sources is VT so the K-Band issue isn't as big of a deal where I'm at. If I was back in Jersey.... YEAH I'd update right away.

~SB

Old 08-25-2015, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to take a crack at this after the parts come in from amazon. Just for quick clarification, when you mention use a 20a mini (standard profile) fuse.. you mean the length of the prongs are long like the purple use in this diagram right?: http://www.bdfuses.com/images/automotivefuses.jpg

Old 01-10-2016, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spacemonkeyFIT
Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to take a crack at this after the parts come in from amazon. Just for quick clarification, when you mention use a 20a mini (standard profile) fuse.. you mean the length of the prongs are long like the purple use in this diagram right?: http://www.bdfuses.com/images/automotivefuses.jpg
Sorry for the 4 month delay. Not on anywhere near as much as I used to be. Will need to subscribe to this thread.

I'm guessing you are well past this point but... for others, the answer to your question is YES. The Mini fuses are what is needed as the Low Profile fuses don't work in the Add-A-Fuse (The spades need to be exposed).

As far as other posters have asked. I'm beginning to reverse my position on upgrading VS Replacing. the number of blind-spot radar system on cars now days is increasing drastically so even here in VT, I'm getting a lot more false alarms. I may have to bite the bullet and just upgrade to a new one. It's tough because my V1 has been going strong for 16 years. I only hope that I'll get another 16 years out of a new one.

~SB

Old 08-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Thanks for this. Was able to hardwire my Uniden R3 and Garmin Mini Dashcam. I used Low Profile fuse taps and fuses all the way.