2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

DIY: Automatic Climate Control Conversion

Old 10-22-2013, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Great work camivill!!!

Damn, I wish we had that red lighting.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
*update*

I added the Honda jazz manual to the top post which explains the functions and how to use the auto climate system.

Something that's not exactly mention there which I think is cool is that the mirror/rear window defogger automatically turn off after a variable amount of time depending on the outside temperature.

If it's really cold, the defog will just stay on permanently.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Damn I want this mod so bad!

Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Hot damn. Winker mirrors, auto climate, diff bumpers... US market Fits sure got the shit end of the stick!

Awesome DIY. This is a MUST for me, but unfortunately, it'd be the last thing on my list. It's the last piece to making the Fit feel/look "luxurious" but would only be really appreciated by fellow hardcore Fitters.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmj0
Hot damn. Winker mirrors, auto climate, diff bumpers... US market Fits sure got the shit end of the stick!

Awesome DIY. This is a MUST for me, but unfortunately, it'd be the last thing on my list. It's the last piece to making the Fit feel/look "luxurious" but would only be really appreciated by fellow hardcore Fitters.
Thanks man, we sure do get shafted on a lot of things. I do actually like the usdm bumper better than the jdm oem ones though.

I've been trying to upscale my fit a lot lately, rather than trying to be purely "sporty".

In terms of adding "luxury" to the fit, this probably makes a bigger difference to the interior of the fit than anything else I've done, including my navi system. Mostly because it gets rid of those ugly cheap looking grey knobs, and adds some more ambient light with the display. It's nice not having to touch any HVAC controls from summer through winter as well.

Last edited by connor55; 11-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Damn!
Thats a nice feature for sure, but the labor and cost just insane for this.

And I though it was allot of work when I added tiptronic feature to my 97 audi a4. That required removing passenger seat, carpet, shifter and console. after that just ran the wires to TCM and soldered them to board. But this is a whole new level of labor.

Congrats on successful install bet you have only one in US with that setup.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
haha thanks man, but actually im from canada! cost ended up being what it would normally cost as an extra feature(in europe where they actually offer it that is). a little high, but worth it to be the only guy with it

Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 AM
hi connor55 my name is neng i come form thailand have a question to consult you as below

i have to modify climate control everything it ok but only the compressor on for 6 sec and cutoff and 3-4 sec on again 6 sec and cutoff

can you advice what is a proplem

thankyou verymuch for your help

Old 03-27-2014, 11:01 AM
it looks amazing! but wow that is a ton of work! how much was the final price and man hrs involved?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Parts added up to about 1000 and took my slow ass about 15 hours to do it while also thinking about the DIY and taking pics.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:43 AM
hi corner55 i have to do my diy to change manual to auto climate control
this pic for change motor mode

power transistor

outside and sunlight sensor

plug for climate control unit

in my car

diagram auto climate ge8,9

diagram befor goto auto climate. Inthe red circle i never connect to the tem control dial when i have to change to auto climate control.
If i have to connect temcontrol dial same like a manual. My compressor have to work follow tem dial don't run at auto climate contorl.
Whether i have to change Temperature 25 or 20 the compressor it run as tem control dial only..

Temperature control dial connector

PCM Diagram for auto climate or manual

thank you very much

Last edited by neng8215; 04-20-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for asking. I know English isn't your language, but I will try to understand what you are saying.

From what I understand, you said your compressor doesn't turn on enough when you set the auto temperature low?

Make sure you soldered the blue AC wire securely, it could be loose.

Also, I suspect there might be a problem with your control unit, it is supposed to display the fan speed constantly and it doesn't look to be doing that from your pic.

Please try to run the self diagnostic test and the sensor input test that you can find in the service manual.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
This is something I would never try, but honestly it's one of the best DIY I've ever seen posted on a forum. Incredible work!

Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by connor55
Thanks for asking. I know English isn't your language, but I will try to understand what you are saying.

From what I understand, you said your compressor doesn't turn on enough when you set the auto temperature low?

Make sure you soldered the blue AC wire securely, it could be loose.

Also, I suspect there might be a problem with your control unit, it is supposed to display the fan speed constantly and it doesn't look to be doing that from your pic.

Please try to run the self diagnostic test and the sensor input test that you can find in the service manual.
Maybe my ECM not support auto climate control because i have to change new control unit 3 time also same problem. and i have to check all sensor,run the self diagnostic everthing it ok. But this time i have to use this way for temporary. This temperature dial for adjust temperature....

Old 04-22-2014, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
Your pic doesn't work for me so I can't see what you're talking about.

The ECM doesn't have much of anything to do with the climate control system. The only data going to the system is sensor input and vehicle speed via the B-CAN (which is technically still sensor input). So I doubt that is the problem.

I think it's very strange that it doesn't display fan speed, it's supposed to do that all the time. Maybe all of the units you got so far were faulty.

If your soldering connections are secure, the only other thing I can think of is that you have a problem with the Air conditioning system itself. This will have its own evaporator/condenser sensor cutoff, which could be causing the problem.

Double check that you've got everything wired up right.

Btw try using photobucket to upload pictures, that Thailand website doesn't work for me.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 AM
this is an amazing diy and would love to try once i get some more cash, i just bought the hood,rear diff,front lip,and duckbill wing from JDP so its not cheap. maybe in a few months. i did do it i may need to contact you on the phone to walk me through it.lol

Old 04-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by connor55
Your pic doesn't work for me so I can't see what you're talking about.

The ECM doesn't have much of anything to do with the climate control system. The only data going to the system is sensor input and vehicle speed via the B-CAN (which is technically still sensor input). So I doubt that is the problem.

I think it's very strange that it doesn't display fan speed, it's supposed to do that all the time. Maybe all of the units you got so far were faulty.

If your soldering connections are secure, the only other thing I can think of is that you have a problem with the Air conditioning system itself. This will have its own evaporator/condenser sensor cutoff, which could be causing the problem.

Double check that you've got everything wired up right.

Btw try using photobucket to upload pictures, that Thailand website doesn't work for me.
Hi corrner55. i have to using photobucket this pic already change to new control unit. But still same.

Name:  20140326_080126.jpg
Views: 6947
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  20140419_221036.jpg
Views: 6989
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  20140419_221321.jpg
Views: 6863
Size:  24.6 KB

Last edited by neng8215; 04-22-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Okay the impression I'm Getting is that your jazz already had a motor for the temp control rather than a metal cable. Is this right? Because my fit did not have a connector for the temp control, there was only a cable pulling.

I had to buy the honda jazz sub harness which connected directly to the motors via the 36 pin harness. It looks like you are using your old connector somehow with the temperature motor, and it doesn't seem to be working right for that reason.

When you are adjusting temperature up and down, do you see this motor moving through the full range? I'm not quite sure what exactly the issue is you are having, is it that you aren't getting cold air because the temperature motor won't work, or is it that your AC compressor doesn't turn on enough?

Maybe try using google translate to help me understand.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 AM
Now I understand, my Jazz using gear system without motor. When I adjust the temperature, I just tune the knob, the gear wheel will adjust the volumn control to adjust the temperature. So the system is completely different with your. In this case, I may need to order the whole system somewhere!!!

Name:  _1.jpg
Views: 6928
Size:  37.3 KB

In the red circle my car don't have this, I have to ask you what is this in the picture. and for what application.

I will try again, and I may need your further advice soon.

Thank you very much for your kind advice, I am very appreciate your help.

Last edited by neng8215; 04-24-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kochsteven4
this is an amazing diy and would love to try once i get some more cash, i just bought the hood,rear diff,front lip,and duckbill wing from JDP so its not cheap. maybe in a few months. i did do it i may need to contact you on the phone to walk me through it.lol
Thanks man, I'll definitely be around to help if you're ever up for it.

Originally Posted by neng8215
Now I understand, my Jazz using gear system without motor. When I adjust the temperature, I just tune the knob, the gear wheel will adjust the volumn control to adjust the temperature. So the system is completely different with your. In this case, I may need to order the whole system somewhere!!!

In the red circle my car don't have this, I have to ask you what is this in the picture. and for what application.

I will try again, and I may need your further advice soon.

Thank you very much for your kind advice, I am very appreciate your help.
Interesting.. Yet another version of the manual climate control. So did yours have a motor for the temperature adjustment? Because my original manual control had 3 cables out the back, one for mode, one for temperature, and one for fresh/recirculate.

Mine did not have that plug that you circled. It's just a cable. So if you plugged in the other motors you must have gotten the sub harness already, there should be one more remaining plug for the temp control motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: Automatic Climate Control Conversion