2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

OBD2 scanner that can reset ABS light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
OBD2 scanner that can reset ABS light?

Can someone please recommend me the cheapest scanner tool that can reset our ABS light? I replaced my sensor because I ripped it by accident when doing my coilovers. I been researching this for a while and was hoping to perhaps find a way to reset the light.

I tried calling and emailed a dealer several times with no response. Do they charge for just resetting the ABS light if i drove up there you think? If they do.. i rather just buy an OBD2 scanner tool and do it myself.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
If the problem is truly fixed, just drive the car and all the warning lights may turn off within a few car lengths.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
If the problem is truly fixed, just drive the car and all the warning lights may turn off within a few car lengths.
I believe it works like a check engine light, where if it is triggered, it will require a reset regardless if it has been fixed.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
I believe it works like a check engine light, where if it is triggered, it will require a reset regardless if it has been fixed.
Have you actually tried what I suggested yet?

Hondas check engine lights can be reset by disconnecting the battery.
Also, the CEL for most fault codes can self extinguish after the PCM runs and passes its self tests for that fault code a certain number of times.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
Have you actually tried what I suggested yet?

Hondas check engine lights can be reset by disconnecting the battery.
Also, the CEL for most fault codes can self extinguish after the PCM runs and passes its self tests for that fault code a certain number of times.
yeah i already replaced it with a new one. and its still on

.... i honestly just need the recommendation of what I am requesting... there are way too many references that say repairing the issue will not always turn off the light and that a tool is required for those cases.

Last edited by Vash; 04-29-2018 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
When you do buy an ABS scanner be careful and read it closely. I almost bought a cheap one a few weeks ago and after reading it closely the box said it said it would reset American vehicles only. Hondas were not listed as supported.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
ended up going with this and it fixed it! BUT it turns out i even had ANOTHER code on the other side, and that wire wasn't even cut.... may have over stretched I did the coilovers

thanks for the recommendation johnnys! http://a.co/87A2qtM

Old 07-18-2018, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
I dig my blue driver, even moreso because I scored it on an amazon lightning deal for 79.99

BLUEDRIVER FEATURES

Read and Clear CEL Codes:
Confirmed, Pending, and Permanent for all makes,

Read and Clear Enhanced Codes: e.g. ABS, Airbag, Transmission, etc for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Nissan (available worldwide), as well as BMW, VW, and 2003+ Honda (available in North America),

Repair Reports: Code Definition, Possible Causes, Reported Fixes (Vehicle-specific for each DTC),

Freeze Frame: Vehicle snapshot when a code is stored,

Smog Check: See if the vehicle is ready for a smog test,

Mode 6: Advanced test results (like misfire counts),

Live Data: Display multiple PIDs as a graph, gauge, or digital readout (or export the log to a file)

Amazon Amazon