Just bought a fit. Help me identify this!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:02 AM
Just bought a fit. Help me identify this!!

So I picked up a Fit today.. it’s a amazing car but one weird about this car bothers me...

The guy told me it was OEM alarm. Of course I didn’t believe him but it didn’t bother me too much.
(Not sure if the following info helps on diagnosing what this is but why the hell not)
The car came with a cut key with no key fob so I’m hoping it’s not a immobilizer cancellation bypass thing. My fear is that the previous owner installed some crazy security system and I have to somehow figure out the maker of that security lock system? I really would like to have a key fob and not drive a 2013 car like it’s still the 70’s. If anybody has an idea of what this is please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by Kazu; 02-23-2019 at 04:24 AM. Reason: trimming the fat
Old 02-22-2019, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator
I can tell you with the utmost certainty that alarm system is NOT OEM. That looks to be a KARR alarm. I had one in my GK and had it removed by a friend.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
youll get better help in the correct sub forum, perhaps try the FIT I.C.E section. as it does pertain to "security" related things

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-i-c-e/
(note, there is even a bonus section for 2nd specific people!)

however, if you feel strongly about posting in the "general" section, perhaps try your luck in the 2nd gen specific sub forum:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tion-ge-08-13/

Old 02-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Thanks usdm looks accurate. Mods if you could be kind enough to move this to the correct section.. thanks you guys here on this forum are awesome.. anyone know what the blue button does?

Old 02-23-2019, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Kazu
Thanks usdm looks accurate. Mods if you could be kind enough to move this to the correct section.. thanks you guys here on this forum are awesome.. anyone know what the blue button does?
No worries! I had the same crap on my GK5. I'll move your post over to the "Fit I.C.E." section.

When the cars arrive at the dealership, depending on the dealership, they get these stupid KARR alarms installed. It's an upsell tactic for the dealership and is not an OEM Honda thing. Should you decide you don't want the KARR alarm, which is the strong majority of people, they just render the KARR alarm inactive with some sort of key/device, but the device (what your picture depicts) stays in the car because it's faster for them doing it this way rather than removing it.

It's annoying to remove because they likely tapped into other wires and you'll have to replace the panel as well if you don't want holes.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by USDM
No worries! I had the same crap on my GK5. I'll move your post over to the "Fit I.C.E." section.

When the cars arrive at the dealership, depending on the dealership, they get these stupid KARR alarms installed. It's an upsell tactic for the dealership and is not an OEM Honda thing. Should you decide you don't want the KARR alarm, which is the strong majority of people, they just render the KARR alarm inactive with some sort of key/device, but the device (what your picture depicts) stays in the car because it's faster for them doing it this way rather than removing it.

It's annoying to remove because they likely tapped into other wires and you'll have to replace the panel as well if you don't want holes.

i can fill the holes with some epoxy filler and paint it over with plastic trim paint. I supposed I can just tuck it away if it’s not harming anything? My car should just be operating normally in terms of Honda’s oem security system right? (if it even has a factory one) ? I didn’t even know what it was to begin with so this has been helpful. I just was hoping it wasn’t some some jabroni bypass set up with a cut key and I wouldn’t be able to get a oem keyfob cut. Going to the dealer Monday hopefully. Thanks USDM

Old 02-24-2019, 05:18 AM
I followed the wires they connect to and they seem to be tapping into some harness.. could I just undo all the “tapping” they did??

Old 02-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Why don't you just ask the previous owner and ask if there is paperwork? Better than guessing.

When I had an alarm on another car, I changed the wiring around including adding fake wiring and adding an interior audible pain device behind the vents.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Why don't you just ask the previous owner and ask if there is paperwork? Better than guessing.

When I had an alarm on another car, I changed the wiring around including adding fake wiring and adding an interior audible pain device behind the vents.
what is a interior audible pain device?..... wtf LOL

Old 02-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kazu

what is a interior audible pain device?..... wtf LOL
It was an Piezo type sounding device emitting a high pitched sound around 110 to 130 decibels. You didn't want to be in the car when it went off.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
pain device.... thats a real thing? WOW