DIY-Complete TSX Homelink install on a GE8 Sport w/ Nav

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by Zalthras
Domelight Wiring Tap
Run the 26” wire through the headliner and tap it to the domelight harness blue wire for a door open controlled GND. If you’re attempting this on a non-Sport GE8 you’ll need to tap the pink for 12V too.
No, the pink is pin #1. #s 2 & 3 have to be repinned (see the pictures in my original posts) using TSX maplight connector's pins/wires. Meaning, you remove them from the TSX maplight connector, and put them in the Fit's maplight connector.

OOORRRRR

If you're using the TSX maplight entirely without swapping homelink blocks with the Fit's navi mic, then just connect them there. No need to repin.
Sorry to bother you again,Is that the maplight connector ?
TSX Green solid to Fit's maplight connector pin #3

Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MOTOMATT
Sorry to bother you again,Is that the maplight connector ?
That's the Dome Light connector. Maplight connector is in the background near the rear view mirror.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
That's the Dome Light connector. Maplight connector is in the background near the rear view mirror.
When I put in the map light in I ran the pink wire from the dome to the #1 on the map light and the blue wire from the dome light to the #3 on the map light.
I need to disconnect the blue wire from the map light and connect the green wire to the #3 . Is that correct ?
thank you for all your help

Old 02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
When I put in the map light in I ran the pink wire from the dome to the #1 on the map light
correct.
and the blue wire from the dome light to the #3 on the map light.
incorrect.
I need to disconnect the blue wire from the map light and connect the green wire to the #3 . Is that correct ?
thank you for all your help
correct.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
correct.

incorrect.

correct.
Thank you, for answering all my ?'s.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
installed i switch the dome light pink and blue around i wired to the pink and not blue. so ill have to switch that.

also my ambient blue light is not lighting up, im sure i wired it up to the red and grey wires on the mirror switch. Ill have to switch them around and see if they work. Other than that the homelink works.

ohh and i also broke the inner piece that holds the visor down. IT sucks i dont know how to fix it.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member
Update so yea i rewired my lights and now have them working when the door opens but I still can't get my ambient lighting to work. I have no clue I thought maybe I switched them so I rewired and still won't turn on. Any ideas how to test this

Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
^^^IIRC, you should only be tapping one wire to the mirror switch for the ambient light connection.

I know this is a basic question, take no offense, but did you turn on your headlights? The ambient light only comes on when the headlights/parking lights are turned on.

and post up some pics...

Old 07-27-2013, 05:15 PM
FitStir,
The bunching/wrinkling in the headliner toward the windshield - was that already there in your Fit, or was that a byproduct of cutting the headliner?

Old 07-27-2013, 05:22 PM
This is a how-to on installing the 2004-08 Acura TSX Homelink on a USDM/NA GE8 Sport w/ Navigation. Other similar units are also available from the 2005-08 Honda Odyssey EX(L), 2003-07 Honda Accord EX w/ optional Nav & Homelink as well as the less common 2006-08 Pilot EXL and 2006-08 Ridgeline RTL.
Also, a more general question - the console unit donor vehicles suggested here - are those only the ones with a 1:1 replacement fitment for the Fit's maplight?

I guess what I'm asking is, if I don't need the mic and I'm just interested in Homelink and a sunglass holder, is there any reason this wouldn't work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-05-06-pilot-overhead-console-nice-used-oem-home-link-/121149098342?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c350c8966&vxp=mtr

Old 07-27-2013, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
im assuming you CANNOT do this without navi? my only regret about buying the Fit is because it didnt have Homelink.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
This is what I've installed in my car...
Amazon.com: Gentex GENK50a Auto dimming mirror with HomeLink, temperature and compass: Automotive Amazon.com: Gentex GENK50a Auto dimming mirror with HomeLink, temperature and compass: Automotive
I also got an auto-dimming rear view mirror, HomeLink, compass and an outside air temp. All you need is power to it and to run the temp wire to the front...

Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by fitlucas
im assuming you CANNOT do this without navi? my only regret about buying the Fit is because it didnt have Homelink.
Sure you could, and just swap out the whole light assembly and don't hook up the mic. Probably not the best way to do it, and my question was actually along the same lines as yours - I already have a mic, so I'm wondering if it's possible to use a wider array of consoles if I'm not worried about that piece.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cutriss
FitStir,
The bunching/wrinkling in the headliner toward the windshield - was that already there in your Fit, or was that a byproduct of cutting the headliner?
It's actually from me not having longer bolts. Once I got the longer bolts the wrinkling all but disappeared, then when I got my sunroof installed I had the whole headliner re-wrapped, and winded up not needed the longer bolts.

Also, a more general question - the console unit donor vehicles suggested here - are those only the ones with a 1:1 replacement fitment for the Fit's maplight?

I guess what I'm asking is, if I don't need the mic and I'm just interested in Homelink and a sunglass holder, is there any reason this wouldn't work?

03 04 05 06 Pilot Overhead Console Nice Used Home Link | eBay
Originally Posted by fitlucas

If I'm not mistaken these threads mentioned below are without the Navi mic.
Before I begin, credits must be given to dela (Base GE maplight install) , mscott (GE Sport Homelink install) and indirectly Choro-Q_Fit & Orient Express (Civic Hybrid homelink install). Their threads and info have been of great help to me for my install.

You can pretty much use any console you like, as long as you make your connections correctly.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
You can pretty much use any console you like, as long as you make your connections correctly.
I was concerned about the spacing between the headliner and the body, as well as the location of any mounting holes. I wouldn't want to get a different console and then find up that the location of the mounts is different and won't work. Wiring I can probably fudge no matter what...but physical incompatibility is a different animal.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
If you do a straight Homelink swap roof clearance is not an issue (like I had with the sunglass holder console which required longer bolts).

Also, most Honda/Acura's units should match up with the two mounting holes towards the front (closest to windshield).

Old 07-29-2013, 10:54 AM
If you do a straight Homelink swap roof clearance is not an issue (like I had with the sunglass holder console which required longer bolts).
Yeah, I'm actually mostly doing this *for* the sunglass holder. I don't even have a garage right now (but planning for one, might as well do Homelink while I'm doin' the mod!).
Also, most Honda/Acura's units should match up with the two mounting holes towards the front (closest to windshield).
Good to know, thanks. Now I'll feel fairly confident about doing it.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm actually mostly doing this *for* the sunglass holder. I don't even have a garage right now (but planning for one, might as well do Homelink while I'm doin' the mod!).Good to know, thanks. Now I'll feel fairly confident about doing it.
In that case, before you start installation, take out 1 of the bolts holding in the current map light, then go to home depot, and buy the same thread/pitch bolt, just about 3/8" - 1/2" longer. That way you'll avoid creasing the roof liner like I did. (You could actually do this in the parking lot... that's what I did. Also use a plastic knife to pop out the lens covers to avoid scratching them)

Also since you're doing the whole console with the sunglass holder, I strongly recommend being conservative when cutting... meaning cut much less than you need to, and if you have to, trim a little more after. It's hard to "trace" the shape of it w/o a template, but when holding the console up there you get a good idea of the shape. Plus you have about 1/4" of the "lip" of the console to help out as well Make sure you cut well within that lip area.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Haha, well, I'm not going to be doing this after all.

I bought the replacement console, and then when I got it, I realized my glasses won't actually fit in it (Oakley wraparounds). I've decided that it's just not worth it after all so I'll probably see if I can hock this thing. It's got the severed wire/plug so if anyone wants it for this mod, it's everything you need. I got the 99-03 TL/98-02 Accord console (Homelink, no mic).

Old 12-19-2013, 06:55 PM
So, found one that doesn't match up! >.>

1999-2003 Acura TL / 1998-2002 Honda Accord / 1999-2004 Honda Odyssey

The screw holes are about an inch wider than on the GE8 assembly. I don't have the time this moment but I may pull the plastic covering off and see if there's any reason I can't just drill separate mounting holes in this one.

Quick Reply: DIY-Complete TSX Homelink install on a GE8 Sport w/ Nav