Double Din Radio Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Double Din Radio Advice

one of my friend told me that i have to buy 6-8 Inch Touchscreen Double-DIN Car DVD Player for my Honda fit like picture below to enhance the performance and looks.
so i really need your advices before i purchase it
thanks guys

Old 01-13-2015, 05:47 PM
That doesn't look like a US version. There's no square cutout for the "airbag off" light. Depending on where it's from, it may not have English labels and such, probably wouldn't have US maps (if it's a navigation unit), and may tune radio frequencies that don't correspond to North American radio stations.

If it were me, I would be more inclined to get a decent double-DIN unit with whatever features I wanted from e.g. Crutchfield with the appropriate trim pieces and installation bits. I suspect it would be less expensive and you'd probably get a better quality unit than the factory one.

Actually, if it were my friend, I'd say that I find the performance and looks of the factory radio perfectly acceptable for my needs and wants...but I can understand why many people would prefer something nicer and fancier.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
That's a pretty broad question. Almost all of the double DIN units are DVD players or Navigation units. It took me ages to figure out what to get. I nearly bought a Pioneer unit (mid-range) but ended up with the Sony XAV-602BT. I don't think any model is perfect for what I wanted, but the Sony had the understated appearance and features I desired. (So many car stereos are flashy, glitzy, blinky, attention-seeking billboards.)

I purchased mine from Crutchfield and the kit they supplied seems fine. There IS the option of buying the Honda dash trim / mounting hardware, which would be a perfect fit and match. Seeing as how it's winter here for several more months I'll have to wait a while to see how the supplied kit looks in real daylight.