Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Installation Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Installation Help!

Hey All,

I'm going to be picking up a Rockford Fosgate P300-12 powered subwoofer and I'm curious what all I'll need in addition to a wiring kit.

This is the wiring kit I'm interested in buying: Surge Installer Series Amp Installation Kit (8 Gauge, 1,000 Watts) (
Amazon Amazon
)

Would I need a line converter for that subwoofer? If so, this is the one I'm looking at getting: PAC LP7-2 L.O.C. PRO Series 2-Channel Line Output Converter with Remote Turn On (
Amazon Amazon
)

I was planning on tapping into the rear speakers for the audio signal so I don't have to replace the factory head unit.

One thing that's confusing me is that there's a blue remote power wire on that converter AND on the sub/amp. Do I only use the one on the converter, or do I need to attach BOTH? I'm guessing I'll end up running the remote wire to the cigarette lighter wire.

Anybody have any input on this setup or suggestions? I'd seriously appreciate it.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:13 PM
On second thought...

So from doing more research about the sub, it looks like I can use the high-level input by pulling from the rear speakers (I'll try to find the wires where they run into the doors) and can avoid getting a converter.

I know that the sub has an auto-on feature where it turns on when it detects a signal from the stereo, but I think I'll still run a remote wire up to the cigarette lighter. Does anybody have experience doing that?

Old 05-16-2018, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
may I ask, what methods you used, to keep that sub from sliding around?

Old 05-19-2018, 07:45 AM
Sure! The sub comes with a LARGE strip of Velcro. I cut it into three, roughly equal parts, and then stuck those down to the floor of my trunk area. The strips are large enough that my sub doesn’t move around at all. The hold is so strong, that when I try to move the sub, it takes a LOT of pulling to get it up.

Old 08-21-2022, 12:40 PM
Sub install fall off volumes for LOC adjust

Getting ready to install my sub on my Gen3. Ordered a digital bass note restorer that acts as an auto adjustment for the LOC. Prior to install i have to figure out 2 things to adjust on the restorer.
1. At what volume level does the bass no longer increase (roll off). 2. At what max volume does distortion from the speakers start?

Any input from experience?