2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Goodsports 2013 Jazz Si

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Goodsports 2013 Jazz Si

Hey all,

Here's the build thread for my 2013 Jazz Si

My original plan for a daily was a Suzuki Alto Lapin SS, but I had a dealer in Japan mess me around after purchasing so it fell through and I stopped and realised how much better/easier the Jazz Si would be, I'd always loved the look of the Si kit. I hunted for around a month, testing driving a few cars before settling on this one up in Scotland. The 28090 miles on the clock and full Honda service history swung me and I booked train tickets to go grab it start away (Back in August last year)

Luckily it ended up being as clean as the photos I'd seen of it. It definitely had been owned by some old people prior to me so Ive got a few interior bits to switch up and a few exterior panels to properly detail for it. From the initial purchase I ended up giving it a good proper detail and spotted a few things to touch up (A good cut and polish is definitely needed).

As I'd been hunting for my daily for quite a while, I'd been hoarding parts to go on whatever I decided to go for. I've got a soft spot for TRUST/Greddy bits so I knew those bits would be the first thing to go in the car. Seatbelt pads, Trust Grex knob and Trust rad cap were the first bits to get added.

I thought it would be nice to have a theme that would be a bit different to the Usual Spoon or Mugen only dress up bits.

Next on the agenda was US spec tails and debadging the rear. The white paint just suits the simplicity so off came the Jazz and Si badges. I managed to get a good deal on US tail lights on ebay so I got them ordered and fitted as soon as they arrived

Square Japanese sized plates also had to go on, so much nicer then the usual wide UK ones.

After this I was off hunting yahoo for wheels, coils, checkered floor mats, steering wheel and whatever else felt suitable. More photos coming very shortly with a fair few big changes.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:13 AM
Here's another update on the GE8

After doing a few other interior tidy bits, I'd set to tracking down a full set of checkered mats for the Jazz from Japan. Getting them purchased and over to the UK costed more then I'd planned but honestly I think it was totally worth it.

During the process of finding mats I also ended up stumbling across the wheels I was really aiming for for the Jazz, early spec 16X7 +38 Buddy Club P1's. They looked like they'd need some love but were in solid condition. I'd sat on the fence for ages as to whether I should go 15's or 16's but I think considering the UK's roads, the 16's were definitely the right move.

Alongside purchasing wheels I also managed to score a Fit RS wing, Spoon N1 backbox, Coilovers and a few small parts, including a limited run Greddy steering wheel which I'm super stoked on.

We jump forward a few months in time and now all of the parts are slowly arriving and getting installed.

First to go on was wheels (Mostly just because the stock wheels tyres were on their last legs and I had MOT to sort). I ended up going for 205/50/16 Advan ADO8rs's tyres, as I'd heard great things about them and they look so damn good. Surprisingly with stock suspension it didn't look half as bad as I'd expected. I'd got some Advan/Yokohama stencils to spray on too which I'll do when coils go on.

After fitting the wheels my Spoon N1 and the Greddy wheel arrived, fitting the Works bell boss proved more fiddly then I'd expected with the airbag wiring being a faff, but having the new wheel in makes a world of difference to the space in the drivers seat and feels so much nicer then the thicker stock wheel

Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be installing the coilovers (I was waiting on some small parts for them) . The N1 should be going on this weekend as I'm dropping the car at the shop to get new rear discs and pads so they'll do them all at once hopefully. I also managed to get the rear wiper panel smoothed and painted body colour as well (I'll get photos of that once the cars clean, UK weathers still terrible currently)

Definitely feels good to be making progress on the Jazz finally!

Old 06-16-2021, 02:43 PM
I'm gonna need the details on those killer floor mats 👌