2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

insane_one's CBP GE8

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
Loving the new GE8 man. Can't wait to see her dropped.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
me too. but that probly wont happen for a while. im used to buying second hand parts from people but now with a new car ive got to pay for new parts and spend new parts money. lol.

as for now ill just be doing little DIY bits.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by insane_one
me too. but that probly wont happen for a while. im used to buying second hand parts from people but now with a new car ive got to pay for new parts and spend new parts money. lol.

as for now ill just be doing little DIY bits.
No problem man, I feel you. My projects are going slow because I'm broke.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
lol Continental was ight. This was my first time ever dealing with a stealership. i probly should have been more demanding. but yea, My fit was priced at 17k but i got it for 15.5k. Cindy is a lil snotty but i think its kuz she doesnt get any, its probly why she trys too hard to dress up and hopefully get some

FiTFTW sounds ok, i wanted to do "NOTFIT" but i think ill just leave it alone. lets see some pics of your Fit!
Here's the thread where there are baby pics of my car.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
that clear bra is GARBAGE. i want mine off. it looks stupid and doest protect for squat. the 3M 5yr? warrnty isnt transferable and my clear bra has chips in it already but i cant get it replaced or repaired since im not the original owner. id rather have the oem leather hood bra.
I don't mind it. Seeing as how the Honda paint is so thin and cheap I figure it can only help seven months out of the year.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
No problem man, I feel you. My projects are going slow because I'm broke.
x2 on the being broke part. lols waitin on the new job to kick in. probly wont start major mods til the new year. some reason everymonth from now on has something big in it invloving $$$. so the Fit will get little mods til then.

Brayton- wheres the link?

anywhoo decied to remove my "Fit" badge today. uploading the pictures right now.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:14 AM
here go the pics.

Name:  DSCF6805.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  140.8 KB

Name:  DSCF6807.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  160.8 KB

Name:  DSCF6808.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  127.6 KB

Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Whoa! That second pic had me seeing a razor blade in there - phew.

Dental floss did the trick?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Looks better without the FIT badge. Good shit man.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Whoa! That second pic had me seeing a razor blade in there - phew.

Dental floss did the trick?
i was very careful in removing the badge. making sure i didnt break it or scratch the paint. i used a flat head screw driver wraped in masking tape to prevent scratches. then i used that big scraper to get the big gunk out. then i used a box cutter blade to remove the rest. and during the whole process i kept spraying "black magic tire shine" on the goopy goop to soften it up and make it easyer to come off. i did get in afew scratches in the process but none that were deep. planning on giving the car a really good wash along with some claybar and some buffing. previous owner didnt really take care of the paint very well.

next to come for little DIY projects
-independent fogs
-yellow tinted fogs
-custom front plate bracket
-custom rear plate frame

and possible mods
-blue led foot lights or cup holder lights
-jdm rear wiper mod

i kinda think the blue lights are a lil ricey and im not sure if i really like the rear wiper facing up. but we'll see. thanks for viewing my thread, more updates soon guys!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Looks better without the FIT badge. Good shit man.
I'm kinda liking it as well, though I'm on the verge of putting a red dot jazz emblem on mine????

Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 PM
i was thinkin of doing that too but i dont wanna do the whole explanation thing. what car is that? oh its a Honda Fit. why does it say jazz? oh well in japan/UK its called the Jazz. why would you do that? blah blah blah. + i prefer the USDM Fit/Jazz over the JDM one. tho they do have afew accesories i wish we had.

i might get an RS badge but i really like my butt naked hatch. lol. i will be getting the red H emblem tho. thats forsure

Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Brayton- wheres the link?
Good question! It must have something to do with the error message that appeared when I submitted that comment. It said something about already being logged in, blah blah blah. I was so tired that I could barely keep my eyes open, so I figured it was just me. Apparently it FUBAR'd.

Here's the link: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...fit-freak.html

Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 AM
nioce. so can you explain me how you did the Fog mod? from my understanding, you run a wire from the fog relay to the green wire in the harness. but with a diode inbetween. then you splice some wires up in the switch harness.

basically is that all i have to do?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
nioce. so can you explain me how you did the Fog mod? from my understanding, you run a wire from the fog relay to the green wire in the harness. but with a diode inbetween. then you splice some wires up in the switch harness.

basically is that all i have to do?
Yep, you have the basics of it. You can solder or crimp the diode and connector to the cable. To get to the relay you have to remove two panels under the steering column. They're meant to be removable, but can be annoying to reinstall. The diode does have to face a certain direction. I used silicone tape to hold the connector in the harness socket. The other end of the wire is wedged inplace with the relay. That was easy because there's a tiny hole on the relay blade that you can use to hold a few strands of the wire.

The turn signal control part of the job is easy, but delicate. Mine was coated in silicone grease, so it was slimy. I used silicone tape there to hold the wires, also.

I bought the silicone tape at Home Depot a few years ago. It was meant to seal leaks in plumbing lines. It naturally sticks to itself without adhesive. It seems a great tool for this project.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
do i have to use a diode?

i dont see what the point of it is.

do i have to insert that little piece into the harness where the green wire is?
or could i just tap the wire into the green wire?

Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
do i have to use a diode?

i dont see what the point of it is.

do i have to insert that little piece into the harness where the green wire is?
or could i just tap the wire into the green wire?
The diode prevents the circuit from backfeeding. Without the diode you can turn the fogs on while the headlights are off. However, if you then turn on the headlights and switch off the fogs, the fogs will remain on until all lights are turned off.

Yes, you can certainly attach the new wire to the green part by splicing it. But, the advantage of using the connector shoved into the harness socket is that you can remove it with no trace and there's no risk of harming the harness.

The modification to the inside of the turn signal arm prevents the fogs from turning on without the parking lights on. This prevents you from forgetting to turn them off because the first part of the mod doesn't trigger the healight-on reminder beep when you get out of the car. Unfortunately, the wires in that control are delicate. This part of the mod has saved me a couple times already.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:39 AM
ahhh. ok. thanks. ill do this mod right after work tomorrow! =D thanks man!

anywhoo. i got more work done to the Fit today!

-Yellow Tinted Fogs
-Custom front plate Bracket
-Disabled daylights
-Removed blockheater

pics uploadin now!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
Why did you disable the daytime running lights? They're meant to make you more visible in the daytime, especially during dawn and dusk or in inclement weather.

You removed the block heater? Even if you don't use it, I don't see why you would remove it? My car didn't come with one, but since I have a garage and I can't plug in at work, there's no point getting one. Those things make a world of difference for those who park outside, though.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:12 AM
i disabled them because i ALWAYS drive with parklights ON. it just looks funky to me. especially durning the daytime when its super sunny. and its also a stealth mode kinda thing. ever been in a dark place and dont want anyone to know your there? lol. and once i do the independent fog light mod my car will be driving with fogs on and parklights on. and once it gets dark ill have the headlights on along with the foglights.

i didnt really remove the block heater plug. i just unwraped it off the lower grill and bunched it together and tucked it in the bay. nice and neat. you wouldnt know it was there. and if ever i need to use it, ill just pop it out of its hiding place and plug it in. i park in a heated single car garage so staying warm is never an issue.

anyway pictures are done!

Quick Reply: insane_one's CBP GE8