2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

insane_one's CBP GE8

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Those wheels should've come on all sports IMO

Old 07-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Any one come up with a wire mesh fog light grill to fit flush with the lens opening in the housing? Can't understand people thinking a piece of tape will do anything.
when i bought the car, the foglight was already cracked. me being broke, i just put tape over it in hopes to keep water from getting in. lookin to replace both sides soon.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by insane_one
when i bought the car, the foglight was already cracked. me being broke, i just put tape over it in hopes to keep water from getting in. lookin to replace both sides soon.
Well then, you repaired it. No problem, however, I see others using a similar approach thinking it will protect the lens. Possibly by keeping the pieces together...

I'm interested in a wire mesh w/ a rolled edge that could fit the housing opening contour and keep the rocks out. Sort of like protecting the condenser, though some of those approaches are slim as well, but there a net could work to slow things down - room enough.

Hmmm, you're not as insane as you appear_

Old 07-17-2010, 06:31 AM
i know theres another member here who sells foglight film, tho its not flimsy like tape, its actually thick and protective too. im not sure what to do about protection. all i know once i get the new set of fogs in, they wont go on the car without protection.

me not insane? thats partly bcuz ive turned it down some. if you would have seen my previous project cars...... lol.... im off to a slow start on the Fit but give it time and it will deff get to the jaw dropping stage (i hope).

new job starts monday, going to start ordering parts soon! ill keep yall updated!

Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
i know theres another member here who sells foglight film, tho its not flimsy like tape, its actually thick and protective too. im not sure what to do about protection. all i know once i get the new set of fogs in, they wont go on the car without protection.

me not insane? thats partly bcuz ive turned it down some. if you would have seen my previous project cars...... lol.... im off to a slow start on the Fit but give it time and it will deff get to the jaw dropping stage (i hope).

new job starts monday, going to start ordering parts soon! ill keep yall updated!
Who did you get your fog light film from? I got mine from Azncarbos. They're legit and holding up fine.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
clean and simple. I'm debating between a black and white fit. are those OEM honda visors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Who did you get your fog light film from? I got mine from Azncarbos. They're legit and holding up fine.
lol cheap auto lense repair tape. OEM visors. CBP FTW!!

Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 AM
the link doesnt seem to be working...
any help? i really want to do this, thanks.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Why aren't more people just forking out the dough for headlight armor? $25 is not a bad investment with these cracking as much as they are. I bought my fit used, but when I went to inspect the fogs and saw no cracks, I got right on placing that order. I knew it would drive me crazy if they got cracked and at the same time, be hard to justify fixing it since it's such a small detail and the fogs are so damn expensive.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
The link appears to have been updated. Now it's at Independent Fog Lights for the 2009 Honda Fit. Looks like Roger added a navigation bar to the top of the page so you can find his other guides.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Ah, here's the Fit Foglight armor kit. $25 shipped. 09-10 Honda Fit Fog Light Protection Kit

Interesting. Is it really effective? How is it installed?

Old 07-24-2010, 02:41 AM
thanks brayton. ive been seeing alot of GE 09-10 Fits around town but yet to see yours. i know Continental has put out afew more 2010's. they've recently had a SSM sport, TW base, ORM sport, and a MR sport. as of now its just the MR, if its even still there. ive been seeing SSM's and ORMs around town but never the blue one.

at the new job a person that drives a ORM M/T sport. ive yet to meet this person but some how we always end up parking side by side. lol

Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Some Fit's at my work. like i said, ive never met/seen the owners but some how we all end up parking next to eachother. haha
Name:  DSCF6892.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  160.3 KB

Now afew things have come up preventing me from ordering awesome parts but i will eventually! i know you guys were probly excited to see new things go on the Fit but for now ill do what ive been doing, shoving pictures in your faces (again) lol.

some different shots. tried to get a reflection shot but it was raining, i still think its cool. looks nice and wet =D

Name:  DSCF6891.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  138.3 KB

ill keep you guys updated!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 AM
Wet FIT's look good.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 AM
hahaha. thank you. hopefully i get to drop it or atleast at some Mugen to it sometime soon.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:47 AM
its been awhile but heres an update... . . .

Old 08-16-2010, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
Are you teasing us? I hope you're not waiting for a sunny day to put those on. That will never happen. :Sigh:

Old 08-16-2010, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
by the time we have a sunny day again up here there will be snow on the ground :P

Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ak_honda
by the time we have a sunny day again up here there will be snow on the ground :P
What's even more depressing is that you're completely correct. This is another depressing repeat of the non-summer of 2008. I bought my Fit in May and have washed it once. Why bother, eh?

At least I now have studded tires mounted and ready to roll. (Johnson's has a good tire that fits our car.)

Old 08-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned
its been awhile but heres an update... . . .

clean those barrels stat!

Quick Reply: insane_one's CBP GE8