2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
My first scooter topped out at 40 mph, a Ninja 250'll do 100 mph, that's a bit more lol.

Although, my Aprilia scooter did 60 mph, but it also cost 4k.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
My first scooter topped out at 40 mph, a Ninja 250'll do 100 mph, that's a bit more lol.

Although, my Aprilia scooter did 60 mph, but it also cost 4k.
I think a 250 should be more than enough for me right now.

on another thought, I brought home my new car tonight and love the smell I will take some pics in the daylight tomorrow and post them.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I keep hearing it both ways. Get a smaller bike to start and move up when you are ready, then other people saying to just get a 600, since you will end up getting one anyway. I think I would start with a 250 or something though.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
The first morning driving my new car...it is pretty freaking awesome! That's all I gotta say. Pics coming soon

Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
I keep hearing it both ways. Get a smaller bike to start and move up when you are ready, then other people saying to just get a 600, since you will end up getting one anyway. I think I would start with a 250 or something though.
It really depends on how you plan on using it. For just a city bike and then running back roads on the weekends a 250 would be good. You can push the limits of the bike with out having to be scared of over doing it.

If you plan on taking long trips though. Like hour long to two hour long trips you'd probably want a 600. Last time my friend took his on a trip he had to draft off of me to get over 70 MPH because of the head wind.

Originally Posted by Java^FiT
The first morning driving my new car...it is pretty freaking awesome! That's all I gotta say. Pics coming soon
I bet its nice. Luxurious compared to the fit I'm sure.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
It really depends on how you plan on using it. For just a city bike and then running back roads on the weekends a 250 would be good. You can push the limits of the bike with out having to be scared of over doing it.

If you plan on taking long trips though. Like hour long to two hour long trips you'd probably want a 600. Last time my friend took his on a trip he had to draft off of me to get over 70 MPH because of the head wind.

I bet its nice. Luxurious compared to the fit I'm sure.
Exactly Jamy, mostly going to be used for fun and short trips here and there. Even if i drive it to work in the summer its only 20ish min.

and you are damn right its lux I am literally in love with the sunroof that is basically the entire roof!

heres a pic i took and made for the VWVortex forums

Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Exactly Jamy, mostly going to be used for fun and short trips here and there. Even if i drive it to work in the summer its only 20ish min.

and you are damn right its lux I am literally in love with the sunroof that is basically the entire roof!

heres a pic i took and made for the VWVortex forums
Well the for you, the 250 would be fine.

That things looks pretty. No HID's? I'm surprised. I'm
Sure it rides great. Any modification plans?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Well the for you, the 250 would be fine.

That things looks pretty. No HID's? I'm surprised. I'm
Sure it rides great. Any modification plans?
Projectors come on the SEL with LED DRL's but the SEL is wayyy more money and not worth it for me.

It rides amazing, im planning on some wheels 18x9.5 wrapped in a 255/45r18

and also an ecu tune by APR that will give me something like 250HP and 294TQ
(Stock with 93 octane is 216HP and 227TQ)

When I am actually going to do these im not sure, but definitely at some point.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Projectors come on the SEL with LED DRL's but the SEL is wayyy more money and not worth it for me.

It rides amazing, im planning on some wheels 18x9.5 wrapped in a 255/45r18

and also an ecu tune by APR that will give me something like 250HP and 294TQ
(Stock with 93 octane is 216HP and 227TQ)

When I am actually going to do these im not sure, but definitely at some point.
Those rim will look great!

Holy blue ball sack batman. That torque is very nice! How much does that tune run? About $600 or so is my guess.

Glad your happy with it

Old 02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Those rim will look great!

Holy blue ball sack batman. That torque is very nice! How much does that tune run? About $600 or so is my guess.

Glad your happy with it
yeah 600 for the tune and more if you want the security lockout feature so tech's cant find it and such

Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Great looking VW!!! Always liked the look, luxury & performance of the VW/Audi's, but the reliability has kept me away since my 5000CS Turbo. Still miss going 85+ and the car feeling like it was on rails and was begging to be WOT. Even at 125+ it still felt soooo stable.

Enjoy the new car (I know you will), just try not to get too many speeding tickets.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Great looking VW!!! Always liked the look, luxury & performance of the VW/Audi's, but the reliability has kept me away since my 5000CS Turbo. Still miss going 85+ and the car feeling like it was on rails and was begging to be WOT. Even at 125+ it still felt soooo stable.

Enjoy the new car (I know you will), just try not to get too many speeding tickets.
I was worried about that too, however in recent years the reliability has been significantly improved so i feel comfortable with it. I will try not too lol I'm already looking to buy things for it though, this isn't good lol

Old 02-08-2012, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

hehehe.. They're fast cars, and you don't even feel it... I used to always say "engineered for the Autobahn".
I'm in love with all the VW hatchback's, they look great and are definitely fast, especially the turbo versions.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
hehehe.. They're fast cars, and you don't even feel it... I used to always say "engineered for the Autobahn".
I'm in love with all the VW hatchback's, they look great and are definitely fast, especially the turbo versions.
yeah man im loving this turbo so far! and they are totally engineered for that

Old 02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
yeah 600 for the tune and more if you want the security lockout feature so tech's cant find it and such
Shouldnt it have a feature where you can switch back to factory settings? My cousin had an 01 gti with the apr tune and you could switch back and forth even while driving.

Oh and congrats on new ride! Looks nice

Old 02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Shouldnt it have a feature where you can switch back to factory settings? My cousin had an 01 gti with the apr tune and you could switch back and forth even while driving.

Oh and congrats on new ride! Looks nice

Yep it does very very cool if you ask me

Old 02-08-2012, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
My old Audi used to have a button below the gas pedal for turbo. You could floor it just making contact with the button (turbo wouldn't come on) then once you're up to speed push down more on the gas pedal which would depress the button.... pause.... hear the turbo spool up, and then hold on tight.... I really miss that feeling.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
5 Year Member
My old Audi used to have a button below the gas pedal for turbo. You could floor it just making contact with the button (turbo wouldn't come on) then once you're up to speed push down more on the gas pedal which would depress the button.... pause.... hear the turbo spool up, and then hold on tight.... I really miss that feeling.
Yeah...that's not really possible. A turbo is always "on" with a turbo engine. It's part of the engine and can't be "off."

OP: vehicle (whatever it is) looks good, thought you were getting a GTI though? I'll go back through the thread, maybe it says.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Yeah...that's not really possible. A turbo is always "on" with a turbo engine. It's part of the engine and can't be "off."

OP: vehicle (whatever it is) looks good, thought you were getting a GTI though? I'll go back through the thread, maybe it says.
Its a 2012 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion, i had a couple phases I was going through...Awhile back I wanted the new Golf R, then I was looking at the Subaru BRZ then the new Tiguans. I know that they are all different creatures but I am more that certain that I love the tig the best. I was dying to have something bigger with more power and ground clearance. The 4motion, leather seats, full sunroof, built in navi, and plethora of other lux features doesnt hurt either

Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Its a 2012 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion, i had a couple phases I was going through...Awhile back I wanted the new Golf R, then I was looking at the Subaru BRZ then the new Tiguans. I know that they are all different creatures but I am more that certain that I love the tig the best. I was dying to have something bigger with more power and ground clearance. The 4motion, leather seats, full sunroof, built in navi, and plethora of other lux features doesnt hurt either
Sounds good, I'm sure its nice to ride in, hopefully much more than the Fit since I'm sure it cost quite a bit more.

I was looking you up mainly because I just got my tax return and was gonna make an offer on the wheels in your sig....saw that they sold I guess.

Where did you get them?

Quick Reply: Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread