2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I just got my ETC from Panson today, updates and such in my thread on the FI section..

I am gonna write a short review here after I finish a bit of HW.

Then a follow up in a few days.

I have the race version and spent most of the Day in SP7.

SP8 or 9 turn the throttle into a lightswitch and at say 15% throttle in normal mode where the engine might be turning around 2000rpm if you bump it up to SP9 it shoots to somewhere in the low-mid 4000rpm range!

So that makes anything but a tire spinning start a bit tough. But fun.

I like how much sharper it makes the throttle response. Between the ETC and being able to mess with VTEC settings when I get the FIC it should make for a ridiculously responsive turbo setup! For which almost all the parts have arrived..
Lucky, the standard version, the SP only goes up to 7 I just got a little sad

Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Lucky, the standard version, the SP only goes up to 7 I just got a little sad

Well don't be too sad, as 1st gear is almost unusable from a standstill in SP8 or 9 unless you plan on letting the clutch out @ ~4500 (max tq)

I edited that post to show that the ETC combined with better fuel, cold plugs, and light wheels/tires it should allow for more torque production in the parts of the power curve where the throttle would not normally be open as much.

An ETC will not make more peak power though, obviously. Once its WOT.. that's it unless you boost or spray it

Old 04-04-2011, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
That one looks pretty nice, do you recommend that over the scII? the one thing i liked about the scangauge was its compact size, im not sure where i would mount the ultra because i dont want it on yhe windshield.

I just got my ETC from Panson today, updates and such in my thread on the FI section..

I am gonna write a short review here after I finish a bit of HW.

Then a follow up in a few days.

I have the race version and spent most of the Day in SP7.

SP8 or 9 turn the throttle into a lightswitch and at say 15% throttle in normal mode where the engine might be turning around 2000rpm if you bump it up to SP9 it shoots to somewhere in the low-mid 4000rpm range!

So that makes anything but a tire spinning start a bit tough. But fun.

I like how much sharper it makes the throttle response. Between the ETC and being able to mess with VTEC settings when I get the FIC it should make for a ridiculously responsive turbo setup! For which almost all the parts have arrived..

The ETC lets me really take advantage of the few mods I have done so far (light wheels & tires, cold plugs and premium fuel)

The ETC lets us get to higher load at lower rpm, where the premium will really shine.

Only problem is I can't run my OBD2 logger while I have the ETC plugged in so I don't know what my timing/AFR's actually are till I have the FIC!
Couldnt you just get an obdii y cable to connect both? that is what i was planning for my ETC/Scanguage or Ultra combo

Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
That one looks pretty nice, do you recommend that over the scII? the one thing i liked about the scangauge was its compact size, im not sure where i would mount the ultra because i dont want it on yhe windshield.

Couldnt you just get an obdii y cable to connect both? that is what i was planning for my ETC/Scanguage or Ultra combo
Yes I could, but after talking to MNFit tonight it looks like I should be picking up his FIC next week, so the money that would go to the OB2 Y-cable will be going towards an MT Boomslang harness and I'll be able to pull more info through the FIC than the datalogger!

So win-win!

The ultra gauge is a nice bit of hardware! I almost bought one over the winter! But there are other priorities.

Modding two cars at once makes everything take longer

Old 04-04-2011, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Yes I could, but after talking to MNFit tonight it looks like I should be picking up his FIC next week, so the money that would go to the OB2 Y-cable will be going towards an MT Boomslang harness and I'll be able to pull more info through the FIC than the datalogger!

So win-win!

The ultra gauge is a nice bit of hardware! I almost bought one over the winter! But there are other priorities.

Modding two cars at once makes everything take longer
Nice, i think im about to pull the trigger on this ultra gauge, it does way more than the scan and it has a much nicer readout as well.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I really like where your build is going, and what did you end up doing about your exhaust after we talked in this thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...lp-thanks.html

Or is that still in the works?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I really like where your build is going, and what did you end up doing about your exhaust after we talked in this thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...lp-thanks.html

Or is that still in the works?
I went with the A'PEXi N1 Evolution Axleback in the meantime, until i decide if im going to SC this. If i do SC then a custom exhaust will be fab'd

I am also considering saving money by not modding the engine and having a ton of fun with a possible second project:

A classic mini with either a dswap or a bswap and awd conversion

Old 04-04-2011, 11:59 PM
An AWD original mini peeling the rubber off it's 13" rims through a 4 wheel drift would be a sight to behold!

Especially accompanied by shriek of a boosted B18 bouncing off the anti-lag! ;D

Old 04-05-2011, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
An AWD original mini peeling the rubber off it's 13" rims through a 4 wheel drift would be a sight to behold!

Especially accompanied by shriek of a boosted B18 bouncing off the anti-lag! ;D
You can see my appeal to this idea clearly! hahaha...It would be a pricey project and be finished no where in the near future but im starting to save for it. With that being said, I doubt i see an sc in the fit's future because the mini will definitely become more of my project/show/amazing car lol

It is also possible to kswap the mini but im not even going there. b16 will be fine with me because no doubt i will find a way to turbo that sucker. lol

making it awd is a real job and itll come down to how badly i want that

Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 AM
NY emissions...

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 04-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
You can see my appeal to this idea clearly! hahaha...It would be a pricey project and be finished no where in the near future but im starting to save for it. With that being said, I doubt i see an sc in the fit's future because the mini will definitely become more of my project/show/amazing car lol

It is also possible to kswap the mini but im not even going there. b16 will be fine with me because no doubt i will find a way to turbo that sucker. lol

making it awd is a real job and itll come down to how badly i want that
Why can't it be both?

Any route you take should be interesting! But I hear ya on having one real project car. You need something to get to work!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Why can't it be both?

Any route you take should be interesting! But I hear ya on having one real project car. You need something to get to work!
haha that's for sure! Definitely need something to get to work, after all its funding this "hobby" haha. although with these gas prices i might end up getting a motorcycle for work commute.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
I got my Ultra-Gauge in the mail today, will be setting it up in my car soon! I'm excited!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:31 PM
sweet... I can see a skipped dinner later tonight LOL

Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
sweet... I can see a skipped dinner later tonight LOL
Installed my UG last night, i havent changed any gauges yet because i diddnt have time, but i thought id show you guys my placement

Old 04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
^^^ sweet how much did that cost, and was it hard to install?

Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scala
^^^ sweet how much did that cost, and was it hard to install?
$60 bucks - plugged it in the port, and hid wires. Easiest damn thing ive installed yet hahaha.

Check it out here: UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
THATS RAW! for $60 i was thinking it would be double... i may hop on one of these

Old 04-08-2011, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scala
THATS RAW! for $60 i was thinking it would be double... i may hop on one of these
Do it man! its totally worth it, even if you just use it once to clear a CEL!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
So you can change the Gauges, tells MPGs, what else this thing is awesome!

Quick Reply: Java^FiT Photo/Progress Thread