2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
oh what I didn't even know about this??? Ahh its all good, im not stanced anyway haha.

But I am so down to go check it out! Glad you made it!
Lol I always wanted to be in at least one of my fave shows so I tried out Wekfest. I don't think you have to be stanced haha Eric made it and he's more track so I don't think they're only after slammed cars(or nicer more expensive cars for that matter) haha. Well you should come through if you're free that day though

Old 02-25-2016, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
That is cool as hell, man! I don't think there's a better car out there to rep the Fit community.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by spryter
That is cool as hell, man! I don't think there's a better car out there to rep the Fit community.
Much appreciated! I could think of a lot haha, most of the builds I'm inspired by more specifically. But thanks! I'll be one of them this year reppin' the Fit community proudly haha.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Replacing my front springs with these tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-25328785651_97fa08115d_c.jpg  
Old 03-02-2016, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Nice looking swifts!

Question time! So why replace the coilover springs with the swift springs? Stiffer ride? Also are coilover springs and lowering springs interchangeable? Sorry for the noob questions bro lol.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator
Nice looking swifts!

Question time! So why replace the coilover springs with the swift springs? Stiffer ride? Also are coilover springs and lowering springs interchangeable? Sorry for the noob questions bro lol.
Thanks!

Ah well yea-- you have the freedom to choose your spring rate so most aim for a higher rate especially if you're coilovers are maxed out. Because they're stiffer there is a chance you won't rub/scrape if your wheels are really close to the fenders and all that. The funny thing about Swifts metric springs is that the ride quality doesn't feel the same as they are rated for whatever reason it is(material, linear rate, magic..). Even if you get swifts with the same rate as your coilover's stock springs, it's said that they ride better and handle even better. I've ridden on a couple cars now with swifts with higher spring rates and they feel amazing(at least compared to my car) even if the car is slammed haha.
Another reason is the option to choose spring length-- I can now probably lower the car a half inch more(should be able to go even lower but my coilover's front shocks are too long that they would hit the axle if I go any lower).
As for coilover springs and lowering springs-- they're different. If you notice in the pic, the coilover/metric springs are too small to fit on stock shocks and the top & bottom of it are flat. You could, however, use a coilover spring in the rear but you would need the rubber perches/pieces for it to sit on and a longer spring or shorter aftermarket shocks for it to work.

Hope that answered your questions

Old 03-03-2016, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Thanks!

Ah well yea-- you have the freedom to choose your spring rate so most aim for a higher rate especially if you're coilovers are maxed out. Because they're stiffer there is a chance you won't rub/scrape if your wheels are really close to the fenders and all that. The funny thing about Swifts metric springs is that the ride quality doesn't feel the same as they are rated for whatever reason it is(material, linear rate, magic..). Even if you get swifts with the same rate as your coilover's stock springs, it's said that they ride better and handle even better. I've ridden on a couple cars now with swifts with higher spring rates and they feel amazing(at least compared to my car) even if the car is slammed haha.
Another reason is the option to choose spring length-- I can now probably lower the car a half inch more(should be able to go even lower but my coilover's front shocks are too long that they would hit the axle if I go any lower).
As for coilover springs and lowering springs-- they're different. If you notice in the pic, the coilover/metric springs are too small to fit on stock shocks and the top & bottom of it are flat. You could, however, use a coilover spring in the rear but you would need the rubber perches/pieces for it to sit on and a longer spring or shorter aftermarket shocks for it to work.

Hope that answered your questions
Thanks that did, I didn't even know you could swap out springs on coils. I don't foresee myself changing my set up anytime soon, but its nice to there is a wide level of adjustment if I do change.

Looking forward to seeing your ride even more slammed!

Old 03-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Thanks that did, I didn't even know you could swap out springs on coils. I don't foresee myself changing my set up anytime soon, but its nice to there is a wide level of adjustment if I do change.

Looking forward to seeing your ride even more slammed!
Yea there's a lot of options for whatever you intend to do-- if you're tracking your car, the higher spring rates will do you good with a nice set of coilovers

Old 03-04-2016, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Yea there's a lot of options for whatever you intend to do-- if you're tracking your car, the higher spring rates will do you good with a nice set of coilovers
For sure, maybe one day I will get a little more competitive but the car is still a DD, so comfort/functionality is still priority. :P

Old 03-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Attached Thumbnails Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-25626001776_9de602da61_c.jpg  
Old 03-09-2016, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
So fresh and so clean! =)

Old 03-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by shinjari
So fresh and so clean! =)
Thanks! I had just wiped it down before taking the shot haha.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM
My instincts say I shouldn't like your car, but I love it. Looks really clean and well thought out build.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Osubeaver
My instincts say I shouldn't like your car, but I love it. Looks really clean and well thought out build.
Haha thanks!

Old 03-09-2016, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Osubeaver
Seriously...if I met someone and asked them to describe their car and told me

"I have a Tropical Pink wrapped honda fit on polished 17s"

My gut would instantly go....."wtf? Tropical Pink?"

But this is easily one of my fav Fits.

Sorry if I insulted your car by describing the wrap color incorrectly.

Last edited by shinjari; 03-10-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
Seriously...if I met someone and asked them to describe their car and told me

"I have a Mirror Chrome purple wrapped honda fit on chrome 17s"

My gut would instantly go....."wtf? mirror chrome purple?"

But this is easily one of my fav Fits.

Sorry if I insulted your car by describing the wrap color incorrectly.

Hahaha! I never thought about it myself until now actually and that description is hilarious and true

My wheels are polished so it's not exactly chrome wheels-- though I was going to go that route for ease of maintenance. The vinyl material is technically called Tropical Pink which is a Candy color of Arlon but I initially saw it and still think it's a shade of purple.

No offense taken! It's somewhat of a compliment haha.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Either way it looks great. =) editted to correct color....now its even funnier haha.

Still on the fence about what to do about my pit riddled front end....respray....wrap....dip....lol.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Either way it looks great. =) editted to correct color....now its even funnier haha.

Still on the fence about what to do about my pit riddled front end....respray....wrap....dip....lol.
I appreciate the kind words! Haha

I suggest respray. If it's more than minor, the uneven surface could show up on a wrap or even dip if it's not thick enough. I was fortunate to have had mine resprayed a little while back before I wrapped. It had your typical rock chips on it as well but it was pretty clean when I had mine wrapped.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Did some more spacing. 25mm in the front and 15mm in the rear-- offset is now at +17f/+27r. Sortaflush now

Attached Thumbnails Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.-25165896554_82257b9e27_c.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 10:55 AM
Must be the angle bc it looks the same to me. But i know 25mm makes a huge difference

Quick Reply: Zeebrah's Fit Sport: Eleanor.