2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

PogiPJ's Fit (Progress Log)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Rubber Queen Mats added

So, I got my Rubber Queen Universal Floor Mats.

Had to clean up first.

ShopVac!

Hooray!

Then I placed the driver's side mat in place and around for the little mat knobs underneath. I initially cut a slit, but that did not work very well so I enlarged it as seen below.

Close-up (Left knob. Right knob was harder to do because of those raised grooves on the mat.)

Driver's Side Mat. As you can see, there are different sections to cut away for a better fit. I chose not to just to have more coverage. The cut lines help to allow the mat to bend to the curves of the floor, as seen near the top right of the picture. The Fit around the dead pedal isn't great, but I find that I'm either resting my foot on the clutch or the dead pedal and not on that in-between region anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Driver's View (check out my super comfy slides!)

Front Passenger Mats, Seats all the way back (I think)

Rear Passenger Mats, Seat Up. As you can see, I didn't even cut off the extra rubber on the bottom that was used for shipping purposes only.

Rear Passenger Mats, Seat Down. Provides sufficient coverage, I'd say.

Rear Passenger View.

-----
Some comments:
Beside the driver's mat, the other mats, especially rear passengers', can move around pretty easily. I don't think they will move too much if you don't really try to purposefully move them around, but they definitely aren't stuck in place or anything.

Also, I don't really notice any smells like some reviewers on Amazon were mentioning. Perhaps I have weaker smelling skills than most people???

All in all, I'd say the mats aren't bad at all. The fit isn't perfect, but I'd say the mats cover the most important areas. They are pretty thick and they feel durable, but time will tell if they are or not. And then... I will tell. Everyone.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Eww gross...Why would you buy those? weather tech makes really nice mats for the GE8

Old 05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Air Freshener - music to my nose hairs!

I bought this guy!

Packaging

What's inside (and two little double-sided mounting stickers that I didn't show.)

Case opened w/ Scent Block in place.

aaaaaand I put it right here. Just for now. Might move it under my seat and use the mounting tabs to keep it in place. We'll see.

-----
It's squash scented. Doesn't smell like squash. More like bubble gum. It smell rill gewd.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Didn't realize my decals were in the mail already. Cool!

TF2 Engineer & Tree Spirits from Princess Mononoke

Gonna apply them tomorrow. Gonna wash my car and clay bar before. Then, wax around the stickers after I apply them.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by krunk13
Eww gross...Why would you buy those? weather tech makes really nice mats for the GE8
I didn't want to spend $100+ on floor mats if I could avoid it.
I looked these up and one of the reviewers on Amazon was a Fit owner who was satisfied with them. So I took a relatively low-cost risk and tried these out. I'm happy with them!

-----

And all the money I saved buying them was used just now to buy... cleaning stuff. Soap, mitts, wheel and tire cleaners, clay bars, etc. Bought it through Advance Auto Parts and I'm gonna pick them up nice and early in the morning and wash meh caaaahhhhh. And add my decals. And hopefully, by the end of the day, Big Ol' Bessy will have on her new "shoes" as they're called.

EXCITEMENT.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Wash, Clay Bar & Wax (& Decals)

So, I tried to clean my car really well for the first time ever in my life.

Products used (and Nu-Finish or something like that. My dad already had it so I used it.)

Scratches
Gonna try to fix them somehow. That will also be a first for me.
Im gonna use Nighthawk Black Pearl on the CBP paint since that was what was available nearby. Hopefully it'll work out.

Clay Barred (w/ TF2 Engineer Decal placed! )

Wax applied to body

and windows.

COMPLETED!

Tree Spirit

Other Tree Spirit

yay.

-----
Hard work, but definitely paid off. I was surprised at how smooth the clay bar got the paint. Very nice.

Still waiting on my new wheels and tires. Going. Nutzo.

(as I was previewing post, my wheels arrived... EXCELLENT!)

Last edited by PogiPJ; 06-01-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wrong picture URL
Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 PM
New Tires!

White Dr-31s, 16x7
Falken Ziex 612 205/50/16

-----

On another note...
Check out that beading!! (In light drizzle but still!)
... Actually, I'm not sure if that's beading or just really small raindrops anymore. It beads, though.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Crappy Cargo Cover (aka C3)

So, I made I was going to a couple places this weekend which I presumed to be a little rough. I didn't have enough time or interest to buy the OEM cargo cover so... I made my own!!

Sketched Up and Ready to Cut

Crappy Cargo Cover (aka C3) v1

C3 v2

In Place

Hatch Closed. Cover actually can sit on top of the small extra plastic lip ledge thing on the hatch door

Not the prettiest thing but it works.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Rear Bumper Guard

I installed the rubber rear bumper guard from ZetaProducts

Thickness

The install was quick and the protector seems to be durable and covers a decent surface area. Good value, I'd say.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I've been trying not to spend so much money on my car recently. I spent more than I planned within the first two weeks of owning it. I guess that happens when you buy your first car!

Anyway, in a few weeks, I plan to spend some more money on my car joint.

TINTS. I need them. It's too hot when I get into my car after work.

Window Rain Guard things. Don't need them. but want em!

New Head unit:
(Side note: I plan on getting an iPhone to fully utilize the head unit's capabilities. Whether it be the new iPhone 5 or iPhone 4s, I do not know yet)

May or may not get a subwoofer when I buy the head unit.

Contemplating whether to upgrade my speakers and sound deaden simultaneously. I feel like it would be hard to remove the sound deadening material after it's placed in the doors. I want to sound deaden soon but I dunno if I'm willing to shell out the money for new speakers just yet. Oohhhh woe is me.

Great!

Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Did this last night!

DIY Intake

Funny story: I bought all the parts and stuff to do the DIY intake and I started taking things apart. I had to remove the IAT when I realized... I didn't have an IAT (or I couldn't find it...) Anyway, at this point, which was like an hour after I started looking for the silly IAT, I realized... I was making the intake for the GD3 Fit, and not the GE8.

So... Yeah. I was pressed for time at this point so I couldn't really document the process. I may one day disassemble my intake and take pics of each component. Especially the cut up MAF tube from the original air box.

Also, I drove to work today (~45 miles) and my car feels like it gained a slight boost in pick up. Then on the way home, my car DIED ON THE HIGHWAY. I couldnt even get my car to accelerate quickly and rev past around 4k rpm. Somehow managed to get home. Fortunately, I discovered that the cause was the MAF tube was oriented such that the MAF sensor was laying horizontally rather than vertically. So I fixed that and went on a nice test drive around some curvy roads. SEEMS FIXED!

On the "test drive", I feel like the intake definitely adds a lot of pick up on 3rd gear. The car keeps pulling even when it would normally stop (or so I think.)

Anyways, plan on getting tints this week. Sound system upgrade to come within a month. SWEET. Probably sound deaden in 2 months.

Last edited by PogiPJ; 06-25-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Welcome! Another MD Fit!

Hows the custom cargo cover holding up?

The oem cover is way too much. I was planning on getting some white DR-31's too, but now im leaning more towards some white Grids. Have you done anything else lately?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:46 AM
White Drag's look much much better

Old 05-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Acri2903
White Drag's look much much better
Hmmm, thanks for the idea. Lets have the Fit Freaks decide!

Here is the link to the poll: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rota-grid.html