2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Piolk's GE8 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
I think this is the first Fit I've seen w/ a blacked out grille that looks good. Nice work.

After your next mods: I think white RPF1's would look purty + JDP front lip (painted or carbon)

Old 09-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
I think this is the first Fit I've seen w/ a blacked out grille that looks good. Nice work.

After your next mods: I think white RPF1's would look purty + JDP front lip (painted or carbon)
Thanks man. I think my next set of wheels are going to be 3 piece, RPF1's are too similar to my Konig's. I do really like your RPF1's though, the SBC finish is killer. I am going to get some kind of lip soon. I'm just not sure between getting the S204 lip to make my front end a little lower or getting the JDP. I've always liked how the JDP lip looked, that's why I plasti-dipped my front bumper. I'm just a little worried about the JDP lips fit and finish. I remember JookyBanana was having problems with the bare carbon fiber scratching the crap out of his bumper and other people say the finish bubbles up or gets cloudy. How do you like yours?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:37 PM
So it's been a while since I last posted and a lot has happened. First I got my Function and Form Type II Coilovers. I really like them. They go pretty low and ride just the way I like. They are very stiff and you feel every little bump in the road. I have my dampers set at three clicks off full stiff in the front and five clicks off full stiff in the rear. That could be why they ride so hard. Also I lightly rolled my rear fenders and removed some clips and trimmed some plastic off the front fender liners. Right now i have a little tiny bit of rub only in the front, but it has actually stopped because it shaved off the part that was rubbing. So here are the pics.

The coils. I didn't end up using the end links because they didn't extend enough and I didn't trust the way they extended. Does anyone see a problem with using the OEM sway bar end links?

A comparison of the OEM shock and the Tein S-Tech Spring to the Function and Form's. Sorry, no comparison for the front. I was too tired to take a pic.

Woohooo! Finally low! I actually wished they went lower though. I'm all the way down in the front with all collars in. For the rear I removed one collar to help drop the preload. With both collars in for the rear the preload was insanely high.

How low my Ti-C hangs now, eeek!

A couple more pics:

Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Now for a very sad update. After only having the coils on for two weeks, I crashed the fit. On my way home from school last week I got cut off by an Audi A6 and he immediately slammed on his brakes. He only left me a couple of feet to his rear bumper and I just couldn't stop fast enough. Here is the damage:

It still runs fine and the damage is only cosmetic. His car only had a small dent and some scuffs. The Fit's bumper went underneath the Audi's since I'm lowered about 3.5". That is why my hood got trashed. Needless to say I was devastated after this happened. I had to get over it though since the Fit is my daily. Here I am still kicking it with some friends. I took the hood off to make it less noticeable that I crashed

I should have the Fit back from the body shop this wednesday.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Ah shit that sucks. But good thing its only cosmetics. Frame damage wouldve sucked. Other than that, car looked real good. And I do believe u can go lower with ff2. I've seen it happen. And lastly, I'm not running end links on my driver side anymore. Just doesn't Fit.And I don't feel the difference.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah once I was found out there was no frame damage I was so relieved. I'm happy with my current height for the winter but next spring I think I'll take out the smaller locking collar in the front and lower the preload a little bit. I want to take out one of the preload locking collars but with only one in it would seem kind of sketchy since they are so thin on FF2's. And the rear can still go down around an inch and a half. Oh and good to know about the end links. I was wondering if using OEM ones would cause issues with coilovers.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Yea my end link stripped off because I was too low. I was gonna have my brother reweld them shorter too. But guess I don't need them yet.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 PM
looks good! keep up the good work

Old 11-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by humbled
looks good! keep up the good work
Thanks man

Originally Posted by phenoyz
is he paying you for damages? what happened? why did he immediately
slam his brakes....
I was found 100% liable because the law is if you rear-end someone you are automatically at fault. No one got a ticket because the police officer believed me that i was cut off. But the other guy didn't get one because he completed the lane change and didn't sideswipe me. He stopped so suddenly because the traffic in front hit a red light. He was just an idiot for making the lane change because there was just enough room for him to get in but leaving me a totally unsafe following distance.

Anyway, I got the fit back last week! It feels so good to drive it again.

What can I fit in the Fit? a front bumper! Plus I can still seat two passengers!

Finally back home. I ended up needing a new hood, front bumper, both headlights, radiator support, hood latch, grille, and repairing the passenger quarter panel. The repair is really good and I'm happy with it.

New bubble knob. I tried my friends for a while and decided to buy my own. The blox knob was so low that it was difficult to get into fifth without leaning forward. The bubble knob feels even better and is much more comfortable for dailying.

I also made a little plate bracket thing with some screws and L-brackets. I can tilt it but it would hit the bottom of the bumper. Also I don't plan or replasti-dipping. I'm trying to ditch the cheap beginner mods and start a new cleaner look next spring. Im still waiting on the exhaust. It's been 5 months since I ordered it . Also I'm on the look out for a used JDP lip and will be saving up for some Work Meisters

Old 11-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to see you're not discouraged by it, good for you.

Next upgrade Type R brakes?

Car looks good and will look great with the Meisters, look forward to seeing that.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
congrats on being back in action! what exhaust did you get?

Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Congrats on getting her back, I really like the color combo with the gold on TW as well!

In for your future updates

Old 11-16-2013, 01:13 AM
In my opinion, your car looks perfect. The wheels are great, the shaded tail lights are great, the drop is great... plus gold wheels are definitely a nice combo with a white car. Oh and best of all, the reparation looks great too! Respect!

But I'd have some questions for you. I have planned for a while now to drop my car with the S-Tech springs and I want to switch from 15x6.5 wheels to 17x7 just like you. So I'd like to know if you have ever experienced any rubbing? Considering the quality (or really, the unquality) of streets in Montreal, I need to make sure the tolerance is high if I want to avoid any trouble.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lapierre4; 11-16-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Piolk
I was found 100% liable because the law is if you rear-end someone you are automatically at fault. No one got a ticket because the police officer believed me that i was cut off. But the other guy didn't get one because he completed the lane change and didn't sideswipe me. He stopped so suddenly because the traffic in front hit a red light.
this also happened to me, the car in-front SUDDENLY CUTS you to change lane...

Old 11-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the complements everyone

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to see you're not discouraged by it, good for you.

Next upgrade Type R brakes?

Car looks good and will look great with the Meisters, look forward to seeing that.
Lol yeah a BBK would certainly help with being cut off.

Originally Posted by 07fit916
congrats on being back in action! what exhaust did you get?
I ordered the T1R Mid-pipe and T1R test pipe. It should sound really nice. I'm getting super excited. I want the Fit to be LOUD!

Originally Posted by lapierre4
In my opinion, your car looks perfect. The wheels are great, the shaded tail lights are great, the drop is great... plus gold wheels are definitely a nice combo with a white car. Oh and best of all, the reparation looks great too! Respect!

But I'd have some questions for you. I have planned for a while now to drop my car with the S-Tech springs and I want to switch from 15x6.5 wheels to 17x7 just like you. So I'd like to know if you have ever experienced any rubbing? Considering the quality (or really, the unquality) of streets in Montreal, I need to make sure the tolerance is high if I want to avoid any trouble.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the compliments! Ok so regarding rubbing, I had absolutely none when I was on my S-Techs. Even with 5 people in the car going down the highway with big dips. What really is going to determine if you rub is the wheel offset and what tire you choose. My Konigs have a +40 offset. Any offset lower than that and you risk rubbing. Sometimes the manufacturer doesn't list the offset and you have to do some digging to find it. But don't buy anything if you don't know the offset. +40 through +45 is pretty common for a 17x7 wheel. Also important is that you get 205/40/17 tires. 205/45 is closer to stock rolling diameter but they are pretty beefy on a 17 and you will risk rubbing. If you have anymore questions just let me know!

Old 11-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Showin' your page some love haha. Just looked at your pics of the FF2's-- should have no problem like the BC's that I talked about in my thread

Your car's gunna look beast this coming spring!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Piolk
Thanks for the compliments! Ok so regarding rubbing, I had absolutely none when I was on my S-Techs. Even with 5 people in the car going down the highway with big dips. What really is going to determine if you rub is the wheel offset and what tire you choose. My Konigs have a +40 offset. Any offset lower than that and you risk rubbing. Sometimes the manufacturer doesn't list the offset and you have to do some digging to find it. But don't buy anything if you don't know the offset. +40 through +45 is pretty common for a 17x7 wheel. Also important is that you get 205/40/17 tires. 205/45 is closer to stock rolling diameter but they are pretty beefy on a 17 and you will risk rubbing. If you have anymore questions just let me know!
Thanks for your answers. I was already more or less aware of the offset value I should look for but didn't know about the tires. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Huge Spring Update

So a lot has changed. I'll try to not forget anything but here's everything I've done since the last update.

T1R Mid-Pipe and Test Pipe:

photo 1-6 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Morimoto HID Retrofit:

photo 2-6 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Front Swift Springs- 5" 12kg:

photo 3-5 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Took some pics with steel wool and flashlights:

photo 4-3 by nickwochok, on Flickr

photo 1-5 by nickwochok, on Flickr

JDM Taillights and Visual Garage Sharkfin:

photo 3-4 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Then things got interesting. I bought some Rotiform NUE's and had the faces remachined, windows powdercoated Super Chrome, and the whole wheel powdercoated Candy HD Teal on the driver's side and Candy Gold on the passenger side. I was running 205/40R17 tires all around and let's just say I had some rubbing in the rear. Fenders were all rolled and pulled pretty hard and this still happened:

photo 2-5 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Now I have 195/40R17 tires all around. So much more room I threw some 5mm spacers in the rear to get the wheels totally flush.

Also my axle hit the frame a couple of times :

photo 5-1 by nickwochok, on Flickr

I have that section notched now.

Here she is a couple weeks ago:

photo 2-5 by nickwochok, on Flickr

I didn't like the way the front sat so I tested to see how it would look lower. I took one collar out after this pic and now it sits a little lower than this all the time:

photo by nickwochok, on Flickr

The rear was too soft so I got some 6" 8kg Swifts:

photo 4-4 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Next I crashed a RSX meet and finally bought a DSLR:

IMG_1039 by nickwochok, on Flickr

IMG_1045 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Fitment is pretty strong eh? Specs are 17x8 +30, these wheels were a complete pain to fit but it was so worth it.

At this point I decided to do something I never thought I would be comfortable with, custom fabrication! I decided I wanted to go a lot lower in the front without taking collars out. Function and Form's lower mounts are unnecessarily long so I cut out about 2" of it. But when I rewelded I was about 1 degree off and the shock cartridge ran into the side of the mount right at the bottom. So I need to redo it this weekend. Also I'm going to chop the rear mounts to tuck some rim. Also I'm currently searching for a rear axle in a junkyard to cut and reweld with around 12 degrees of negative camber . I figure enough people have done it in Japan, and people in the US need to stop being so lame and scared to do anything different. To get some camber in the front I'm going to slot the crap out of the upper bolt hole and run two camber bolts on each strut. At that point I would just do some custom Bozo Pipes too. Here is my mount, you can see that it is slanted ever so slightly:

photo 5-2 by nickwochok, on Flickr

Next Sunday I'll hopefully have some working shortened lower mounts, I'm so stoked. I'll update when all 4 corners have the chopped mounts.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator
All I can say is DANG bro lol! I just got goosebumps going through your post above. Can't wait to see all your plans go smoothly and the results of your brave ventures haha keep at it and kill the stanced Fit game!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
My Fit is still static and now an award winner! I won 1st Slammed at Offset Kings Chicago. All my hard work has paid off. I'm not gonna go through all of the changes, you should be able to see them, but if you guys have questions feel free to ask.

Slammedenuff by nickwochok, on Flickr

Mean Muggin' by nickwochok, on Flickr

Gold Side by nickwochok, on Flickr

Elegant Shot Studios by nickwochok, on Flickr

Rolla by nickwochok, on Flickr

I had to take the lip off because it broke but I have new one coming in the mail tomorrow. Follow me on Instagram @fitthestance for far more frequent updates.

Quick Reply: Piolk's GE8 Build Thread