2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Piolk's GE8 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Piolk's GE8 Build Thread

Hello Fit Freak community! I purchased my 2013 Taffeta White Fit Sport in March of this year. It's been a several months now and I have done quite a bit to the car so I figured it would be time to start a build thread. I pretty much started modding the car the week I got it. I had been lurking on FF and building a list of mods I wanted to do. This forum was full of cool DIYs and other mods to get me going. The pictures I will be posting will be of old stuff until I get caught up to my current things, so feel free to ask my opinion on products and other stuff because it has been on the car for a while. Alright enough talking, here is a couple of pics of the Fit when I first got it.

I apologize for the iphone pictures, I haven't had the chance to get some good ones taken of the car yet.
I will be posting lots more pictures of the mods on my car today so I can be caught up when my wheels come in next week

Last edited by Piolk; 09-11-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Shift Knob + Short Shifter

One of the first things I did was change the shift knob. It was probably the easiest thing I did. The shift knob I chose was the Blox 490 knob in Torch Blue. I heard good things about pairing a weighted knob and a short shifter so I did just that. I got the Revo Technica short shifter and installed that the same time as the knob. The install was pretty easy and the only snag I got was getting the shift lines/linkage off of the stock shifter. Here are the pics:

The first two pics are of just the knob, these next two are with the short shifter in and the T1R blue stitched suede shift boot I got a little later on.

I love this whole setup. It goes really good together and adds a sportier feel to the car.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Little Exterior Touches

When I was bored I did some little things to the outside, plasti-dipped badges and tow hooks. Here are some pics of all of that.

The tow hook is the one that came with the tool kit. I just spray painted it, drilled a hole in the tow hook cover and put it in. To keep it from being crooked I wrapped the threads with teflon tape. It was really tight to screw in and just stays level now.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Banned
Looks good so far.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Moar Stuff

Originally Posted by loudbang
Looks good so far.
Thanks loudbang

Here is where it starts to get interesting:

My exhaust: Greddy Ti-C

I took the tip off to remove the silencer I thought it came with. There was none. I'm kind of disappointed that the exhaust tapers in that much when you look straight in but I guess it would be too loud if it the muffler was as wide as the tip.

My lowering springs: Tein S-Tech

Here is the drop. Pretty much perfect, a two finger gap all around. Drops pretty good for springs and rides nice. I'll be getting coil overs later because I want to go lower. They are good for now. I just wanted to kill the stock SUV ride height

You can see in the last pic that I did Lyon's adjustable spoiler mod. For the $5 it cost me to do it's pretty sweet. Makes the spoiler look a lot better imo.

Now the interior lighting I did:

Dome light:

Cup Holder Light:

Map Light: After and Before

Cargo Light:

Non-car people are by far the most impressed with my blue dome light. They could care less about my lowering springs or exhaust, but are completely mind blown by a $3 LED

Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Intake

So I started off with a K&N drop in filter because I didn't want to pay $250 for a SRI. Looks like this:

But then I found Lyon's DIY for a $50 SRI so I jumped on that. Here is my first attempt:

My mistake was that I used electrical tape to make the MAF sensor tube have a diameter of 2.5" so I could use a Spectre coupler. Then this happened after a month:

It was actually pretty scary. I was right turning on red and had to speed up to 50 mph. I stepped on the accelerator and the car starts jerking violently and wouldn't rev past 3k. I put it in second and coasted to the shoulder. My immediate thought was my coil packs were bad because I had heard of people having issues with them but my car only had 2k miles on it so I thought that couldn't be the case. I popped the hood and saw that my intake was barely on and I couldn't see the electrical tape any more. I wasn't very far from home and was able to roll in neutral back. I put the stock airbox back in and got a proper 2"-3" coupler at Home Depot. Then I got bored a couple of days later and decided to try a different setup. A trip to Autozone later and I had this:

Only problem was it kept banging against the transmission and was was too heavy/overcomplicated.

Changed to the picture below,

but I didn't like it because I was not using the factory air ram so I switched back to the way it was when I first did it but now I'm using the right coupler. It's been that way for several months now and works great

The intake has a really cool sound at around 4k rpm and complements the axleback really well. The exhaust really only makes noise at low rpms and the intake opens up at high rpm.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Wheels

Had the wheels for two weeks now. Haven't had a chance to take some nice pictures, but for now, some iphone ones. Wheels are Konig Daylites 17x7 +40 tires 205/40/17.

Also since last time I got the OEM window visors and the Headlight Armor light smoked tails and blue fogs.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned
Like the gold with white car looks real good.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Like the gold with white car looks real good.
Thanks, I was thinking of going for a black or white wheel but decided on gold and I'm really happy with it.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Nice. Thought u had a jdp lip on for a sec. Keep it up

Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by pig_pit
Nice. Thought u had a jdp lip on for a sec. Keep it up
Nope, just Plasti-Dip. But I do want one. I'll be getting it later when I'm on coil overs.

Now for some photos. I'm still getting used to the camera so they aren't the greatest but they are better than iphone pics.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the RSX Type-S is my friend's, not mine.

Last edited by Piolk; 08-27-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I just discovered how much better photos can look when you use a photo editing app. I edited some pics that I already posted. Here is one:

I'm to lazy to edit all of my pics but future ones will be like the one above. Also, anybody please feel free to comment on any of my previous posts, I would love to answer any questions you have. That's basically why I made this thread. To share my experiences and inspire other Fit owners, like how I was inspired by people like FitDEEZ. Although the forums seem kinda dead recently, amirite?

Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Just awesome...

Old 08-31-2013, 03:33 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Piolk
I just discovered how much better photos can look when you use a photo editing app. I edited some pics that I already posted.

Also, anybody please feel free to comment on any of my previous posts, I would love to answer any questions you have.

Just my opinion and not a criticism but what is it about that style photo you enjoy. It seems to be a trend to do the photoshop or which ever and give photos that I don't know how to say it but "Boosted" look.

For me I prefer just plain old normal photos of the cars over this new style.

And it's just not here most of the other sites I follow are slower now than in past years. Guessing the Fit isn't "new" anymore and people know about it more than before.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jamesfredette
Just awesome...
Thanks man

Just my opinion and not a criticism but what is it about that style photo you enjoy. It seems to be a trend to do the photoshop or which ever and give photos that I don't know how to say it but "Boosted" look.

For me I prefer just plain old normal photos of the cars over this new style.
I guess I'm just compensating for my poor photography skills. Plus I think it makes the photos look more professional. Although like you I do think some pictures look best unedited.

I'm going to be in the CREWS meet this Saturday with the midwest fit crew. So stay tuned for pictures, it's going to be sweet.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM
CREWS Show

So I went to the CREWS meet yesterday and it was awesome. It was much larger than the year before and this time it didn't get rained out. Prepare for a picture overload. I have pics from the event but first here are some from before it:

^ This was when I stopped at a target. When I came back to the car this dumped civic was parked next to me . His whole car was plasti dipped white lol.

^ Washing, vacuuming and dusting the car before the meet. Took me almost 4 hours, but was definitely worth it. I like to take my time

Now for the show pics:

Tried some different editing on the above pic:

The sunset at the end of the show:

The second part of the event, cruise in downtown Chicago. Very few cars showed up, I was kind of disappointed. I couldn't take any pics of the other cars since I was driving, but I pulled over to take some pictures of mine:

^ Sorry about the last two pics not being the best but the iphone hates low light.

I didn't take any pics of the other cars at the show since I was pretty busy during the show. Some other person will probably post pics on some other website so I'll be on the look out for that. I'll post a link here so you guys can check it out.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:38 PM
TKE
Nice pictures! I wish the fit community over in my area was a little more active.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by TKE
Nice pictures! I wish the fit community over in my area was a little more active.
Thanks and honestly it's not that active in Illinois either. 99.9% of the fits on the road are bone stock and are driven by 40+ year old women. The first modded fit I saw was at a show. The most modded fits I have seen was at the show yesterday with 6. 4 of the fits yesterday left within a couple of hours so by the end it was just me and TheEvilOne.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 PM
TKE
Originally Posted by Piolk
Thanks and honestly it's not that active in Illinois either. 99.9% of the fits on the road are bone stock and are driven by 40+ year old women. The first modded fit I saw was at a show. The most modded fits I have seen was at the show yesterday with 6. 4 of the fits yesterday left within a couple of hours so by the end it was just me and TheEvilOne.
I've only met 3 other modded fits in Jersey, one being Fitdeez and and 2 others, not sure if they're even active on the forum. But yeah other than that i mostly see middle aged people driving it.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 AM
So a couple of days ago ThEvil0nE posted a link to Fatlace's coverage of CREWS and there was a picture of my Fit in it! I was super excited because Fatlace is pretty huge. So I thought I would put the link up on my build thread so you guys can check it out. Here it is: CREWS Chicago 2013 | Fatlace . Here is Fatlace's photo of my car:

Sorry about the huge pic, I can't figure out how to resize this one.

Coming up next month is my exhaust and coilovers. The T1R mid pipe and test pipe should be here in about two weeks and I'll be ordering my coilovers in a couple more weeks. I've pretty much settled on Function and Form Type II's and I'm going to go all the way down. This should be fun

Quick Reply: Piolk's GE8 Build Thread