2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

marmaladedad's 2011 Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 06:03 PM
With overcast skies and the black grill, the blue is subtle. Thankfully, that was my aim.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:03 PM
looks good i like it

Old 08-21-2018, 11:15 AM
I purchased an OBD port extension cable after constantly fiddling with the OBD2 scanner/adapter that I use to monitor silly numbers (intake temp, coolant temp, etc etc). Never realized this hole existed that I am guessing is used to pull the panel down/out. The OBD-extension cable fits within the gap with a bit of force and is held in place with friction. Unfortunately, compared to under the dash near the gas pedal, the OBD2 scanner sticks out more in this location. It is not so much to limit any motion, but getting in and out a la Dukes of Hazzard requires a bit more contortion. Also, I figure constantly removing and installing the scanner could possibly accelerate wear and tear on the port. Perhaps this will limit the damage to only the extension cable.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:15 PM
funny u got that, because i ordered a new extension for mine last week also...waiting for it arrive. i dont like the idea of wear and tear on the cars port, but was mostly getting it to hide the scanner from thieves. I have been just leaving my scanner in the port day in day out. this morning i did email BAFX to see if they recommend doing so, ill share their reply when i receive it.

another location to consider is routing to that front lower cubby area. its really easy to pull those panels if you have interior trim tools (nearly impossible without...i use the mini crowbar shaped one), and there are slight gaps that allow wires to pass front to backside.

what brand of OBD reader are you using?

Old 08-21-2018, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
I have an odb splitter, it didnt work out for me as the 2 devices I had in mind drew too much power. if anyone wants it for free, PM me

Old 08-21-2018, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by eulogy
funny u got that, because i ordered a new extension for mine last week also...waiting for it arrive. i dont like the idea of wear and tear on the cars port, but was mostly getting it to hide the scanner from thieves. I have been just leaving my scanner in the port day in day out. this morning i did email BAFX to see if they recommend doing so, ill share their reply when i receive it.

another location to consider is routing to that front lower cubby area. its really easy to pull those panels if you have interior trim tools (nearly impossible without...i use the mini crowbar shaped one), and there are slight gaps that allow wires to pass front to backside.

what brand of OBD reader are you using?
I have the BAFX as well (WiFi) with the OBD Fusion app. They work well enough. Originally, I wanted the fancier Scan-gauges setup, but like you I had a spare (old) phone laying about and was enticed by the price. From what little research I have done, it seems that the scanner continuously draws power. Overnight, the car should be fine. Long-term, however, I would remove it.

I thought about using the cubby area, but the current location was more readily accessible. I may move it later - I can never leave well enough alone.

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
I have an odb splitter, it didnt work out for me as the 2 devices I had in mind drew too much power. if anyone wants it for free, PM me
Interesting. What devices were you connecting? The scangauge + ______ ?

Old 08-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Finally found a set of tail lights that I will keep (although that is what I said about the previous two):

Old 08-31-2018, 11:49 AM
dude! your taillight collection!! lol

these latest ones have the cleanest look to them...although they all look good in their own way.

what didn't u like about the last set? or u just prefer these?

ps..ever consider shaving the Fit emblem? it will make the whole rear look slick!

Last edited by eulogy; 08-31-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by eulogy
dude! your taillight collection!! lol

these latest ones have the cleanest look to them...although they all look good in their own way.

what didn't u like about the last set? or u just prefer these?

ps..ever consider shaving the Fit emblem? it will make the whole rear look slick!
My original plan was to buy the Stellar V tail lights until I found just how expensive they are/were (new). Although I really liked the design and features, the price had me looking for other options.

The price for the JDM OEM tail lights was too good to pass up, so I thought about the whole JDM-look. I even bought a few "Jazz" emblems from eBay. After doing a dry run with masking tape, I realized I did not like the "Jazz" emblem. And then when I saw the LED tail lights, I jumped on the chance for something different. The ironic thing is, I bought the Stellar V (like the previous lights, here on FF) before receiving the Spyder lights in the mail.

The biggest thing I realize with these tail lights is that I do not get to enjoy them. Different steering wheel, upgraded audio system - those things I could enjoy daily.

I have considered removing the emblem completely, and along with that, deleting the rear wiper / dust collection shelf. That is a possible project in the future. I still have to finish testing my auto-window modification. I am trying to complete a project before moving on because I am the expert at leaving them 50% done.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
....I still have to finish testing my auto-window modification. I am trying to complete a project before moving on because I am the expert at leaving them 50% done.
oh yea! be sure to let us know how that goes. i wanted to see if i could come up with a solution myself, but had other things i wanted to buy first...and also dont have much time to experiment lately

Old 08-31-2018, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
so I thought about the whole JDM-look. I even bought a few "Jazz" emblems from eBay.
Ummm.....Fits were sold as Fits in Japan.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Ummm.....Fits were sold as Fits in Japan.
Really? I thought they were Jazz anywhere but the US. Ok, nevermind me then.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Really? I thought they were Jazz anywhere but the US. Ok, nevermind me then.

They were primarily known as Fits globally. The UK and Australia/New Zealand are the only Jazz regions afaik.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:16 AM
Thank you for the info. I guess I could be getting some Maori tribal symbols for the window.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:51 PM
hmm...i assumed the same as marmaladedad with the jazz. i know its marketing blah blah whatever, but ive always thought they should just keep the names the same across the globe. toyota took it a step further with scion. silliness.

all i know is googling "honda fit" brings up way too many results!

Old 09-02-2018, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Apparently looking at the Honda Fit wikipedia page is hard.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:40 AM
too much reading. no desire.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
It is in the introduction.

And people wonder why America is full of idiots.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
It is in the introduction.

And people wonder why America is full of idiots.
who invited you to this conversation anyways lil mikey? didnt anyone teach you its rude to interrupt grown folks conversation?

Old 09-02-2018, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Jesus christ.

This is marmaladedad's thread. I posted to tell him Jazz badges are not JDM.

BTW, OP, stellar v look great, hopefully you have better luck with them than many have.

Quick Reply: marmaladedad's 2011 Honda Fit