2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Kevin's GE8

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

These tires are nothing short of amazing (even with stock suspension).

Last edited by USDM; 03-16-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
That color is gorgeous!!! Nice color you don't see everyday.

I am considering the Potenza Pole Positions. I want something with better tread life then the RE-71 but I am sure they feel like you are on rails!!

Old 03-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by GolNat
That color is gorgeous!!! Nice color you don't see everyday.

I am considering the Potenza Pole Positions. I want something with better tread life then the RE-71 but I am sure they feel like you are on rails!!
Thanks! I have to stop myself from staring at my own car in public, haha. Yeah, it's difficult for me to wrap my head around how much grip the car has. The steering is very responsive and reacts to even the slightest of inputs.

Here's one more photo that I tried uploading earlier, but it was giving me issues. I resized it and now it seems to work.

Last edited by USDM; 03-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Thanks! I have to stop myself from staring at my own car in public, haha.
Yeah, I know what you mean. And you get funny looks when taking pictures of it. Just a sign that you bought the right car, I suppose.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hotkey
Yeah, I know what you mean. And you get funny looks when taking pictures of it. Just a sign that you bought the right car, I suppose.
I don't know about "bought the right car", but I enjoy taking time every now and then to stare at my car(s). You learn a lot about the body lines and notice little things that you wouldn't normally catch at first glance. Usually, this process will be interrupted by a friend, coworker, or family member, haha.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator
OEM cargo tray installed today along with some Mugen sports pedals!

The Mugen sports pedals feel really nice and the larger accelerator makes for easier heel-and-toe action.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
I also ordered a new OEM rearview mirror to pair with my Spoon Sports rearview mirror. Should I ever need to swap back to the original rearview mirror, I won't have to chance breaking my Spoon mirror this way. I've always liked these mirrors, but I wish the blue was darker and did a better job of reducing glare. It's a step in the right direction though! I can't stand people driving with their brights on...

Old 03-15-2019, 03:47 AM
I still can't believe that Honda makes some owners have to pay for that cargo cover.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
I still can't believe that Honda makes some owners have to pay for that cargo cover.
Agreed! I totally think it should've been included as standard equipment.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Great thread so far, I personally own a superior model aka GK5 could you compare the GE ability to hold a 40oz malt liqour bottle in its cup holder thanks.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by s2kookies
Great thread so far, I personally own a superior model aka GK5 could you compare the GE ability to hold a 40oz malt liqour bottle in its cup holder thanks.
LOL! I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
Wowowowowow! Hey Kevin! Lol found your thread! Your build is reaaaally nice. Beautiful pics.. I can't stop staring at your tires and paint haha

Those Mugen pedals are nice! And they look really well installed. How are those installed? Does it involve drilling? I really want them too now lol :P

Oh yes sorry, I'm Samu the happy new Milano GE8 owner. Really cool seeing you at VTEC Club!

Old 03-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by whitefitsport
Wowowowowow! Hey Kevin! Lol found your thread! Your build is reaaaally nice. Beautiful pics.. I can't stop staring at your tires and paint haha

Those Mugen pedals are nice! And they look really well installed. How are those installed? Does it involve drilling? I really want them too now lol :P

Oh yes sorry, I'm Samu the happy new Milano GE8 owner. Really cool seeing you at VTEC Club!
Hey, Sam! Thank you so much!

For the brake/clutch pedals, you just remove the OEM rubber pieces and mate the Mugen pieces to the metal pedals. The Mugen pieces have double-sided tape and feel very solid once installed. For the accelerator, you do have to drill holes into the plastic pedal, but none of them are visible.

The hardware that comes with the pedals includes self-tapping screws and Allen screws. We took some extra time, during installation, to make use of the included Allen screws instead of the self-tapping screws. The self-tapping screws made the final look really tacky.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
So, a while back, I accidentally broke a clip housing on my tailgate lining while trying to remove it and saw it as an opportunity to refresh some of the related components while I was in there replacing the lining.

I bought some new license plate light bulb lenses and appropriate gaskets along with new trunk lid grommet screws.

New trunk lid grommet screw installed:

Old trunk lid grommet screw:

New license plate light bulb lenses:

Old license plate light bulb lenses:

New tailgate lining and tailgate lining pull pocket:

New license plate mounting hardware and Honda "The Power of Dreams" license plate frame installed:

I wasn't able to install the lower license plate mounting hardware just yet because I need to tap the new trunk lid grommet screws first.

Last edited by USDM; 03-16-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator
Went for a drive today and took some pictures.

Old 03-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Good ol' Newcombs - never fails to provide visual pleasure on the weekends. Is Mt Wilson still closed from Red Box to UBT?

Old 03-18-2019, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Great group of cars! Love the license plate on the Lotus lol. Nice MK7 GTI and Type R!!

California seems so great, you guys have so much fun!!!

Old 03-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Good ol' Newcombs - never fails to provide visual pleasure on the weekends. Is Mt Wilson still closed from Red Box to UBT?
Hey! Yes, it's still closed. I took ACH --> AFH --> UBT --> ACH --> Newcomb's Ranch. I prefer ACH, but UBT is fun as well. I love Newcomb's Ranch; I could sit up there for hours and just watch cars and bikes zoom by in the middle of nowhere. It's a nice getaway from all the other crap in life.

Originally Posted by GolNat
Great group of cars! Love the license plate on the Lotus lol. Nice MK7 GTI and Type R!!

California seems so great, you guys have so much fun!!!
Yeah, that license plate was funny, haha. The white FK8 belongs to a friend. I think that BMW wagon was S54-swapped because the rear badge said "332i" and the car had massive Brembo brakes at all four corners.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
Hey! Yes, it's still closed. I took ACH --> AFH --> UBT --> ACH --> Newcomb's Ranch. I prefer ACH, but UBT is fun as well. I love Newcomb's Ranch; I could sit up there for hours and just watch cars and bikes zoom by in the middle of nowhere. It's a nice getaway from all the other crap in life.
Something about the altitude (only 5600' or so) makes the food taste good at Newcomb's. When I used to ride motorcycles, I would always go up ACH. On the pedal bike, I usually take UBT to avoid most traffic. The cars like to pass close, but that just gives me a half second of draft!

In the last picture, does the banner read "Low Life Crooks" on the cars? That seems odd to me, but maybe "Crooks" is a term of endearment they use for each other.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Something about the altitude (only 5600' or so) makes the food taste good at Newcomb's. When I used to ride motorcycles, I would always go up ACH. On the pedal bike, I usually take UBT to avoid most traffic. The cars like to pass close, but that just gives me a half second of draft!

In the last picture, does the banner read "Low Life Crooks" on the cars? That seems odd to me, but maybe "Crooks" is a term of endearment they use for each other.
I personally like their lunch menu the best; Big Pines Ortega Burger is my favorite! The banners do indeed read "Low Life Crooks." The Fiat owner is a friend of mine; very nice people!

Quick Reply: Kevin's GE8