2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

softer suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 12:07 AM
softer suspension

I'm looking to upgrade struts and shocks and springs.
i want something that rides very soft. not like my dropzone springs or stock setup. is there anything out there that you guys know of that would work ? 09 GE8. main purpose is to be lowered as my dd and comfortable for long trips.
Thanks in advance

Old 06-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Longlivetheking
I'm looking to upgrade struts and shocks and springs.
i want something that rides very soft. not like my dropzone springs or stock setup. is there anything out there that you guys know of that would work ? 09 GE8. main purpose is to be lowered as my dd and comfortable for long trips.
Thanks in advance
You bought the wrong car. I never really understand threads like these. Do people these days just buy cars for how they look? I always test drive cars down the worst street and on the freeway. A car chassis was made to ride and handle the way you aren't liking. Instead of trying to buy parts, trade for a softer ride which is no honda product. Buy a Hyundia Accent 5 door.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
You bought the wrong car. I never really understand threads like these. Do people these days just buy cars for how they look? I always test drive cars down the worst street and on the freeway. A car chassis was made to ride and handle the way you aren't liking. Instead of trying to buy parts, trade for a softer ride which is no honda product. Buy a Hyundia Accent 5 door.
^^^ well that's not true

Old 06-22-2014, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
I have a GD, but here is some general advise. First off drop zone is not quality. Go with something thats a good product. Spend the extra money its worth it. I'm not sure what companies there is for struts but maybe Bilstein, KYB, or Tokico. Look at what is close to OE spring rates from Tein, Tanabe, etc. This will give you a WAYYYYYY better ride comfort then any coilover. Lowing the car will give you a stiffer ride but comfortable for long drives and having fun.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
I have a GD, but here is some general advise. First off drop zone is not quality. Go with something thats a good product. Spend the extra money its worth it. I'm not sure what companies there is for struts but maybe Bilstein, KYB, or Tokico. Look at what is close to OE spring rates from Tein, Tanabe, etc. This will give you a WAYYYYYY better ride comfort then any coilover. Lowing the car will give you a stiffer ride but comfortable for long drives and having fun.
Thanks roller,

Old 06-23-2014, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Not a problem. There's a lot of good suspension combos out there. Good luck on your build and post some pics when you're done. Feel free to ask questions and get feedback as well.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 AM
I HIGHLY recommend Koni STR.T shocks and Swift springs.... that is by far the nicest ride setup there is for the Fit. And it will handle great too.

There is nothing as good as that setup. I dyno'd the shocks recently, and they are definitely softer and won't beat you up as much as the stock suspension... but then will also handle a lowering spring perfectly.

Just isn't a better combo out there, especially for comfort. I'll post dyno info as soon as I have it... just so busy at that moment.

Chris

Old 07-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by RedShiftChris
I HIGHLY recommend Koni STR.T shocks and Swift springs.... that is by far the nicest ride setup there is for the Fit. And it will handle great too.

There is nothing as good as that setup. I dyno'd the shocks recently, and they are definitely softer and won't beat you up as much as the stock suspension... but then will also handle a lowering spring perfectly.

Just isn't a better combo out there, especially for comfort. I'll post dyno info as soon as I have it... just so busy at that moment.

Chris
What does something like that run through you guys Chris ?