2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

ZX Performance Springs & Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks evil! Those look to be highly progressive. How was the ride?

Old 09-28-2018, 11:34 PM
Yes evil, the box had the same part number. Hope they ride well.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:08 PM

Got them on, they all looked in perfect shape and ride great. Car came out lower than I was expecting though. Feels slammed compared to stock height, however really the tires are just even with the fenders now. Can’t believe how some drive lower than this. I’ve even had a little rubbing on a couple bumps and I’m even with stock rims and tires, so I’ll have to roll the fenders a little.

Only problems that came up, which really aren’t too back considering this was probably still original suspension, was needing to cut the bolts off the sway bar endlinks, and then somehow the bearings aligned perfectly to come out of the slip joint on the driver side CV shaft and had to take it out and get them back in.

Will see if my area is too much of an issue with how low it is, but otherwise its great. Will most likely get a sway bar at some point as well and that will be about the end of the mods since its my beater. Overall quite happy though.

Last edited by BeyondAddiction; 09-29-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:19 PM

Old 09-29-2018, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Looks great!!! Hope they serve you well and where you are located will be a good test of how they hold up to salt and snow. Those cali guys have the nice easy on stuff weather lol.

Originally Posted by BeyondAddiction
. I’ve even had a little rubbing on a couple bumps and I’m even with stock rims and tires, so I’ll have to roll the fenders a little.
Either roll the fenders or get camber bolts and run some negative camber. It's probably just rubbing in the front like mine did.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
lowers by 1.5 inch, they werent kidding lol. but hey, it looks pretty good!

do they ride bouncy for ya? when I had the d2's, I was on stock struts/shocks so in my case, bouncy as heck. I've always wondered if they'd ride better/less bouncy if I had the d2's paired with koni's or something other than stock

Old 09-29-2018, 11:26 PM
No bouncing, rides very well. It’s definitely low, but they aren’t stiff springs, so its not a harsh ride either. I’m very happy with the ride, just nervous about how low since it’s been many years since I’ve driving a lowered car.

Any kind of performance shocks would have probably been better than the stockers for keeping the bounce under control. Now the question will be how long these will actually last.

Last edited by BeyondAddiction; 09-29-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:41 AM
Update: Ended up swapping back to stock springs. The D2's were just way too low and I would bottom out on speed bumps and curbs all over the place. I had to drive it like it was slammed, which felt weird since it didn't look like it was. It was just too low for being my daily driver though.

Also to note, the stock springs on the TruHart shocks/struts do actually work just fine, unlike what the website says. I have had the stock springs with the TruHart shocks/struts for a couple months now and have not had any problems.