2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

InstaJACK JS-1000

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 AM
unfortunately, i did.

great idea but it just doesn't work very good. i got the combo w/ the wrench as well and that died almost instantly. you can hear the motor working but somewhere in the "drive train" there's a broken disconnect because it doesn't spin the spline. i used the jack a few times and then that failed, too. i had to use our stock scissor jack to lift my car enough to get the failed instajack from under the car. if it fails trying to lift our relatively light cars, you should look elsewhere for something reliable. and anyway, i still had to drive over a 2x4 piece of wood to get the instajack under the car so it was kinda pointless. i ended up getting a nice low profile jack from harbor freight that i'm so much more happier with and i feel that it's so much more safer.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
unfortunately, i did.

great idea but it just doesn't work very good. i got the combo w/ the wrench as well and that died almost instantly. you can hear the motor working but somewhere in the "drive train" there's a broken disconnect because it doesn't spin the spline. i used the jack a few times and then that failed, too. i had to use our stock scissor jack to lift my car enough to get the failed instajack from under the car. if it fails trying to lift our relatively light cars, you should look elsewhere for something reliable. and anyway, i still had to drive over a 2x4 piece of wood to get the instajack under the car so it was kinda pointless. i ended up getting a nice low profile jack from harbor freight that i'm so much more happier with and i feel that it's so much more safer.

Thanks a lot. I almost bought this.
Looking for a good wrench and jack to bring for some
long driving just in case.
Gonna shop again.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM
that setup wouldn't have been very portable anyway. it comes in a pretty big, hefty case. i don't think there's a good portable solution except for a hydraulic bottle jack but i don't like those things. i'd prefer to just use the insurance that i pay for. if need be, i can use the included jack w/ some sort of base for it to be more stable on the side of the road.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
standard

Believe it or not IF you use the Fit's designated jack points the scissor jack that comes with the car works beautifully. I've used it probably 30 times without event. Use common sense with it of course.