2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

2012 PMM Base Fit needs some shoes... suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:41 PM
2012 PMM Base Fit needs some shoes... suggestions?

I could use some advice regarding wheels and perhaps tires for my Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Base Fit. It's got 7000 miles on the 15" tires that came with it. I want to replace the base fit's hubcaps with something that looks cool, but I'd prefer to keep it within a modest budget.

Also, I prefer only "minimalistic styled" mods for my car. That's why I chose the base fit, I wanted to do my own small mods instead of getting what is included in the sport package. I actually I prefer the stripped-down look of the base, and have no intentions of adding the spoiler or sport bumpers... I'm just tinting the car, and adding shoes, that's it. Like I said my style is minimalistic!

Anyway... the wheels, any suggestions?
I'd prefer something that looks nice but not too flashy. I have a few wheels that I think would look good, I'm looking for something dark (black or matching the dark grey metallic color of my car would be nice)

Here's a wheel that I think would look cool on my car...

15X8 VARRSTOEN V1 BRONZE 4X100 +15 RIM WHEEL FIT HONDA CIVIC SI DEL SOL CRX | eBay

here's some more...

STYLUZ™ M541 Wheels - Satin Black Rims
TENZO-R CONCEPT-9 Wheels - Titanium Charcoal Rims

or there's always the OEM look...

16" 2009-2011 Honda Fit Replacement Wheel Brand New | eBay

So, basically, I'm looking for advice and perhaps the steps I need to take to get this done. Admittedly, I'm not a "car guy" and I don't have any time to work on this stuff myself, so I'd be paying a shop to do the work. What should I do— Bring the wheels I choose into the shop and ask them to mount them up? Should I get the shop to order wheels? Any tips for buying cool wheels on the cheap and getting someone to mount them on a tight budget would be appreciated.

Also, what would you estimate with regards to final cost? Like I said, I'm on a budget but want to pimp the fit just a little to make it my own.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 AM
There are plenty of options out there.Keep in mind the offset is important and you don't want to go to low and have rubbing issues.

Stock offset is +53/+55 and +45 seems to be the sweet spot but many people go much lower with fender modification and have no problems.

Check out the Rota wheels as they have some good looking wheels priced real cheap compared to others.

Some question the quality but others have run them on street and track without issues.

I like the wheels offered by Motegi Racing like the MR 125
WHEELS | Motegi Racing

I think it looks good on just about any color Fit.

I usually use Tire rack or Discount tire for my wheels and tires

I get them mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors installed so all I have to do is mount them and roll out

You can have them drop shipped to you or a local shop for install.

Check both out and use the visualizer to see what different wheels look like on your car.

They may not have your color but you can get a idea.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Welp, Rota and Varrstolen.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
I think black would look like shit on PMM. I'd go with a silver paint (read: not gunmetal) or bronze. OR something crazy like orange or lime green... you know, if you're feeling crazy.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
Anything besides another hubcap pretty much already defeats the term "minimalistic," especially with those choices.

If I had a Base Fit and was attempting a minimalistic approach... I'd probably toss the the hubcaps (the covers) and run the steelies bare. Maybe get them painted (or this plasti-dip I've read about) into another color. I like GunMetal... so I'd go with it with PMM. I'd hope for a good matte finish, so it doesn't look like I'm trying to gloss over steelies.

But that's just me.