3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

J's Racing Cat Delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
**Update #2**
12-10-14
  1. Added before and after - Stock vs Cat Delete Pipe weight
  2. Added Check Engine Light Code Info
  3. Added installation pics
  4. Added Video

If you don't see any of the list above, it'll be there.

Exhaust is 98% done. I just want to fix the transition from the J' Racing Piping to the Midpipe. The inlet flange on the 'B' pipe (Midpipe) still has a 2" diameter that expands to 2.5". I will have the 'B' pipe inlet flange be 2.5" from the inlet instead of transitioning from 2" to 2.5". Other than this, the exhaust is done. I may add another Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator.......maybe.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-12-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
**Update**

Updated 1st post with pictures of the GK5 FIT3 RS Circuit Converter. It arrived in the mail only 5 days after Jesse Streeter shipped it from Japan (Huge thanks). Please do not ask me of costs. You'd want to ask Jesse for that info.
Jesse's great, glad he worked out for you!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Check Engine Light Update

**Update 12-12-14**

P0401 (EGR Flow Insufficient) Check engine light code is the only one showing.

P0135 - Powertrain, O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1) no longer shows up in my ECU. The mechanic discovered the O2 sensor connector was not plugged in.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 12-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Way to go. The part looks great and sounds good.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:43 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
out of curiousity, can you trick your egr flow sensor by tapping a nipple into the egr block off plate and running a hose from the intake into the nipple on the egr blockoff plate?

I know this will create a vacuum but it will induce some flow and could eliminate the egr code.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
out of curiousity, can you trick your egr flow sensor by tapping a nipple into the egr block off plate and running a hose from the intake into the nipple on the egr blockoff plate?

I know this will create a vacuum but it will induce some flow and could eliminate the egr code.
Perhaps this is possible. It's looking like I'll be able to remove the code via ECU reflash (KTuner).

Old 10-31-2015, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Update 10/31/15

I previously had this piece removed for my wife. The car was a louder with it installed and she was testing to get her driver's license and feared the CEL from the EGR removal would prevent her from test driving the vehicle. I haven't raced it since May.

Fast forward to last night. I raced the Fit with the stock cats back in place, J's Racing B pipe and aftermarket 2" Max Flo Pro muffler. My 1/4 mile times dropped from an average of 15.4-15.5 to 15.8-16.0. My trap speeds dropped from 90-91mph to 87-88.5mph. I was thoroughly disappointed. My midrange 1/8th mile dropped from 71-72mph average to 69mph. It didn't feel slower. It just was. Outside temps last night was 47F-49F. I was running the better 1/4 mile times and speeds with temps between 65F-75F.

**NOT COOL**

As of this typing, the circuit converter is now back on along with the J's Racing B-pipe and J's Racing 50R muffler. ~~Whew~~

I poured through many 1/4 mile timeslips looking for what modifications affected what. I did not know the installation of this piece made that much of a difference. The only other time I ran a similar trap speed was with the stock cats attached to a 2.5" B-pipe (Loud). At any rate, the exhaust likes to breathe. I have no doubts about this!

Possible! Can't hurt to try. Thanks! **How did I miss this?**

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-31-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:59 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
I did post that one year ago. another thought would be to measure the resistance between the wires when regular flow is supposed to be occurring and just use a jumper to electronically simulate "flow"

Old 11-02-2015, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
I did post that one year ago. another thought would be to measure the resistance between the wires when regular flow is supposed to be occurring and just use a jumper to electronically simulate "flow"
Thanks again! I have the car in a shop right now. The shop owner did mention similar modification that you suggested to trick the EGR sensor. I'll look into it and report.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
so its been a few years.... is it now safe to ask about the cost of getting one of these shipped?

and, where did you order yours from?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
so its been a few years.... is it now safe to ask about the cost of getting one of these shipped?

and, where did you order yours from?

I ordered directly from J's Racing Japan site ----> J's Racing Japan
However, I never ordered through J's Racing. I contacted a distributor named Streeter Corporation - Jesse Streeter. I ordered all my parts from Japan through him.
This part fit without any issue. However, you will get no support from J's Racing as I contacted them and they weren't willing to send any of these parts to their U.S. distributor back then. I posted their response here somewhere.
Also, I don't recommend getting this part. It will throw a code for EGR Recirculation flow. There pipe has no piece to recirculate the EGR pipe back to the intake. This was fine by me and it caused no issues with driving. Only a check engine light.

A better option is to get the RV6 Cat pipe. They were great to work with. I have the original non-catted version they developed for me but they made a catted version as well. Both have an EGR recirc pipe on them. Here's a thread posted with the catted version --> RV6 Catted Downpipe

If you absolutely, positively have to have the J's racing piece, I still have mine that I'm willing to sell for cheap. Just bear in mind it is used so it's not all shiny and pretty but it functions as it should. I'd go with the RV6 piece though.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 08-07-2018 at 11:30 PM.