3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

aftermarket exhaust choices

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 07:51 PM
aftermarket exhaust choices

OK so I started looking for an exhaust system even before I actually got the car. I've had it for about a month now and the list seems short. Please add some if you found something I have missed. I'm looking for either cat back or axle back specifically for the GK5, no universal muffler and preferably available now.

So far I have only found 3 exhaust systems that are available now. There are 2 from HKS and one from Bisimoto. The Tanabe Medalion is not available now and it might not be before the end of the summer. Anything else ?

Old 05-21-2015, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikeDF
So far I have only found 3 exhaust systems that are available now. There are 2 from HKS
^^^^THIS! Have read great reviews from those that have the HKS single tip exhaust. Bisi pulse chamber was ok review but maybe too loud for some. At least you have a silencer with the HKS. No brainer!

Old 05-22-2015, 08:37 PM
exhaust tips ???

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
^^^^THIS! Have read great reviews from those that have the HKS single tip exhaust. Bisi pulse chamber was ok review but maybe too loud for some. At least you have a silencer with the HKS. No brainer!
Thanks Myxalplyx. I'm not that keen on the looks of the HKS nor the sound. I had a Borla exhaust before and the sound is completely different, less raspy, deeper and I like that. That's probably why I wanted the Tanabe so much. The look is great and I prefer the sound over the HKS. I wrote to another dealer and the response was the same, eta in September for the Tanabe and that goes for their Sustec front brace as well. Either I won't wait until then and get something else or wait for spring 2016.

In the meantime, any suggestions for a quality stainless exhaust tip that would work with the Fit 2015 ? I guess it needs to have a sharp bend in it to exit straight at the rear. I've seen a few from Magnaflow but I don't think any of them would do without modifications.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Spoon has an N1 exhaust. I like how it sounds on the previous gen Fits, but havent heard it yet on our 3rds. I will eventually get this one.

Go Tuning Unlimited

Old 05-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
Spoon has an N1 exhaust. I like how it sounds on the previous gen Fits, but havent heard it yet on our 3rds. I will eventually get this one.

Go Tuning Unlimited
Is it available now or another pre order ? I wonder why a lot of tuner companies never post sound clips as soon as they announce their products. Is it that hard to do ? Anyway, the spoon N1 looks good too.

I thought about pulling the plug on a Bisimoto pulse chamber but some complain about drone and from the clips I have seen, it seems loud. I'm not so sure that having no silencer is the way I want to go.

I'm thinking of just waiting for the Tanabe and going that route even if it will mean a pre winter install.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 PM
I havent contacted them about it. ICB Motorsports has it as well, but definitely says Pre-Order...