3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Need test gk for rv6 exhaust testing......

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Great looking piece. Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to hearing how it performs and sound.
Thank you sir. Already posted a kinda how to and sound clip. There's also a sound clip on my IG. I'll tag you.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Nope! Been driving for over a year with a J's Racing version that doesn't have the EGR pipe. No raspiness! Deep sound! And that's with an aftermarket B-pipe (J's Racing). Keep a resonator in place and don't have a tiny muffler (that don't muffle).
how do you find the gains with this catless pipe?
do you need to tune the ecu after installing this?

thanks.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hydesg
how do you find the gains with this catless pipe?
do you need to tune the ecu after installing this?

thanks.
Seat of the pants, I honestly could not tell a difference.

Sound wise, it lets more exhaust noise through. I don't even notice it anymore and neither does my wife but no cat is definitely louder. Be sure to have a decent muffler and in no way remove the resonator if you go catless.

I gained a quicker 1/4 mile time and trap speed so I know it's giving me more power. My Atco Raceway ticket has since faded so I can't decipher the time comparison but it was measurably quicker and faster after this modification.

Would I do it again! Absolutely! But it's not for everyone as for seat-of-the-pants feel I can't say you will notice it. My car is 10mph faster and 2 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile than stock and it still doesn't feel faster. You can thank the CVT! The manual guys will probably feel a difference.

Oh and no, no tune is needed.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 06-15-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member

Sound wise, it lets more exhaust noise through. I don't even notice it anymore and neither does my wife but no cat is definitely louder. Be sure to have a decent muffler and in no way remove the resonator if you go catless.

I gained a quicker 1/4 mile time and trap speed so I know it's giving me more power. My Atco Raceway ticket has since faded so I can't decipher the time comparison but it was measurably quicker and faster after this modification.

Would I do it again! Absolutely! But it's not for everyone as for seat-of-the-pants feel I can't say you will notice it. My car is 10mph faster and 2 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile than stock and it still doesn't feel faster. You can thank the CVT! The manual guys will probably feel a difference.

Wow nice. I just ordered the rv6 downpipe. Hope its not too much louder ;]
Just wondering why u had it removed?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Wow nice. I just ordered the rv6 downpipe. Hope its not too much louder ;]
Just wondering why u had it removed?
No, I never had it removed. I removed my J's Racing Cat delete piece for the RV6 piece for testing. I still drive with the catless RV6 pipe in place. That pipe is going nowhere.

I've returned my intake back to stock (Minus the HKS panel filter). I didn't trust my tiny Evolution Ballistic battery over the winter months. So the intake side of things is back to normal, with normal battery.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
No, I never had it removed. I removed my J's Racing Cat delete piece for the RV6 piece for testing. I still drive with the catless RV6 pipe in place. That pipe is going nowhere.

I've returned my intake back to stock (Minus the HKS panel filter). I didn't trust my tiny Evolution Ballistic battery over the winter months. So the intake side of things is back to normal, with normal battery.
sweet, cant wait to get the RV6 installed in my car.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
My catless rv6 is here! Cant wait to install it.
It should be pretty straightforward i guess?

Old 06-29-2017, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
My catless rv6 is here! Cant wait to install it.
It should be pretty straightforward i guess?
Yep! As simple as unbolting and bolting back up.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 PM
3-4 week update. So far, no check engine lights, rattles or leaks. Power feels great across the board. Worth every penny. Def a must have.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Has anyone put them on a dyno yet?

Old 06-30-2017, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by action213
Has anyone put them on a dyno yet?
YEs, someone please share some dyno numbers =)

Old 07-03-2017, 12:14 PM
I found a couple videos with sound after the rv6 downpipe.... my question was there a huge sound difference once added?

Old 07-03-2017, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Just wondering if you used the normal mode or sports/paddle shift mode?
Sports mode feels like a big difference to me. Then again i have installed the throttle controller and has set it to max setting.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Which throttle controller do you have?

Old 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
I have the shadow e throttle controller

Old 07-09-2017, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
The sound is DAMM loud after i installed the rv6. A little raspy though. But the power increase is quite substantial! Still thinking whether to swap back to reduce the noise or keep it as it is for power

Old 07-09-2017, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member

Last edited by hydesg; 07-09-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:30 AM
@hydesg - how does it sound cruising at 100-120 km/hr? Does is drone badly? I see you have a CVT. What rpm does your car average around 120kph?

Old 07-09-2017, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
The muffler makes a big difference. I could not tolerate the sound when I had my J's racing 50R muffler installed. Sound was so loud at wide open throttle that my ignition timing actually retarded some at high rpms when flooring it. Still had more power but noticed this while recording my runs.

Changed out to a larger Max Flo-Pro muffler and things quieted down much more. Still noticable!

Old 07-09-2017, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
@hydesg - how does it sound cruising at 100-120 km/hr? Does is drone badly? I see you have a CVT. What rpm does your car average around 120kph?
hey its at 2k plus rpm at 120. Does not drone at all. In fact felt quieter at cruise speeds. Just that when u wot its damm looud.

The muffler makes a big difference. I could not tolerate the sound when I had my J's racing 50R muffler installed. Sound was so loud at wide open throttle that my ignition timing actually retarded some at high rpms when flooring it. Still had more power but noticed this while recording my runs.

Changed out to a larger Max Flo-Pro muffler and things quieted down much more. Still noticable!
Do u think i should change back stock muffler? Would stock be more restrictive? I suppose stock would make it quieter. Its either i change back stock muffler or take out the pipe
what do u think i should do ?

Quick Reply: Need test gk for rv6 exhaust testing......