3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Fit Si and Fit R

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
HPD has had great success rallying their CVT Fit. I bracket raced mine twice and won first place.......at a Honda Day event to boot....against a full drag slicked, gutted race Honda Civic. And posted here about it. I'm not even into Hondas. I am a diehard Subaru nut but I like my Honda Fit a lot. It 'fits' the bill nicely

???? Really? The Fit is the best car in its class. I actually purchased it over the Fiesta ST. And my Fit is just as fast as it and WAY more reliable. With just an intake and exhaust. BTW: I traded in my Mazda3 for my Fit.
Maybe for you, but not for me. If I could go back in time, I'd buy the Fiesta ST. My son turns 16 in a couple months and I keep trying to give it to him so I can buy a different car and he said he rather not own a car than to get my Fit. My wife of 20 years knows me. When buying the Fit I remember it like yesterday. She said "are you sure you want to buy this?" My response was "it will be fine, I just need some shiftbox to get me back and forth to work".

In regard to way more reliable. If it is such a great car, why have so many here posting about issues with their basically new cars?

I'm calling BS to your Fit being just as Fast as a Fiesta ST. My WRX was down for some Maintenance so II autocross my Fit instead. I couldn't touch the Fiesta ST that are in the same class. They handle way better and have like 60 HP more stock. I can't believe you picked up that with your mods?

Old 07-09-2017, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
Maybe for you, but not for me. If I could go back in time, I'd buy the Fiesta ST. My son turns 16 in a couple months and I keep trying to give it to him so I can buy a different car and he said he rather not own a car than to get my Fit. My wife of 20 years knows me. When buying the Fit I remember it like yesterday. She said "are you sure you want to buy this?" My response was "it will be fine, I just need some shiftbox to get me back and forth to work".

In regard to way more reliable. If it is such a great car, why have so many here posting about issues with their basically new cars?

I'm calling BS to your Fit being just as Fast as a Fiesta ST. My WRX was down for some Maintenance so II autocross my Fit instead. I couldn't touch the Fiesta ST that are in the same class. They handle way better and have like 60 HP more stock. I can't believe you picked up that with your mods?

I just had a whole post with links, facts and figures.....blah blah blah. It's pointless.

Some Fit owners have issues with their cars. I am agreement with you that the Fiesta ST is more fun and faster. And I'm ok with being called a bullshi**er.

I'm outnumbered here. So...yeah, if only Honda were to bring over a Fit Si/R. A lot of good points being made here. L8Rs......

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-09-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
HPD has had great success rallying their CVT Fit. I bracket raced mine twice and won first place.......at a Honda Day event to boot....against a full drag slicked, gutted race Honda Civic. And posted here about it. I'm not even into Hondas. I am a diehard Subaru nut but I like my Honda Fit a lot. It 'fits' the bill nicely.

???? Really? The Fit is the best car in its class. I actually purchased it over the Fiesta ST. And my Fit is just as fast as it and WAY more reliable. With just an intake and exhaust. BTW: I traded in my Mazda3 for my Fit.

I am not even defending the Fit. Could care less actually. It's unfortunate that it is bad and sucks for some people. I am still not used to having zero torque. I do enjoy driving the CVT though as it's different. It's slow from the factory but doesn't take much to get it going. I just enjoy making slow cars quicker.

You are so right with this. This forum only has three pages since the 2015 Fit came out. People (at least here) just aren't interested. Places like China seem to love this Fit though. So be it!
I drove the Fit LX extensively as a Zipcar that I SERIOUSLY looked into the EX 6 speed manual. It is a GREAT car for so many reasons. Great visibility all around. Cavernous interior of SUV proportions. Magic seats. Rear view camera. Lane watch camera. The suspension is reasonably comfortable over NYC roads for a subcompact. It even handles fairly well and has good power. I had a Honda Del Sol S with the base 100HP engine. This was way more peppy.

I think your argument would be valid if you were comparing the 1.0L ecoboost Fiesta. They're comparable in that class.

But the Fiesta ST is a WHOLE 'Nother world in power and handling. I have just a Cobb tune and I can keep up with most performance cars especially at a roll. There are down sides though. Poor rear visibility. No rearview backup camera (even on '17). Manual only (not a problem for me but for some who don't). Average storage. Stiff suspension can be jarring. Doesn't have Honda levels of reliability.

So why did I get the Fiesta ST over the Honda Fit EX. Simple. Price and residual value. I scoured the country looking for a Honda Fit EX in manual in Milano Red or White. The best deal I could muster was less than $600 bucks below MSRP. And that required me to go down south (I'm in NYC).

I got my Fiesta ST for $6000 less than MSRP 23.3k. SIX THOUSAND. I did my homework and looked at resale value of both Fit EX and Fiesta ST after 3 years of ownership. At retail in Cars.com, CarGurus, Autotrader, etc. AND wholesale (dealer to dealer auctions) like Manheim. The loss I would take after 3 years on the Honda was significantly higher. It defies conventional logic that Honda always hold their value. It does but.. when you can get the Fiesta ST so highly discounted, it invalidates that argument.

And of course the other reason I got the Fiesta ST. It's stupid, stupid fun around twisties. I really enjoyed driving the Honda Fit. But I LOVE driving the Fiesta ST. I echo your sentiment that Honda NEEDS to make the Fit Si a reality. At that point I would probably consider selling my FiST especially if I have more than 1 kid in the future.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:37 PM
it already hangs with the fiesta st, honda should up their game and blow ford out of the water.