3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Any GK owners using E Throttle Controllers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Any GK owners using E Throttle Controllers?

Cant seem to find any reviews for our GK5 or info on availability stateside. Anyone?

Old 08-26-2017, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Cant seem to find any reviews for our GK5 or info on availability stateside. Anyone?

Yes! I worked with the SprintBooster company to try out their SprintBooster product on my CVT. I could not feel a noticable difference. It initially did not cause any problems. However, after driving for some time with it, my car started acting weird when I was travelling to a Honda Day event in Atco, New Jersey. It was so bad that I no longer could accelerate and had to pull off to the side of the road. My check engine light came on.

After checking the code, it made a reference to the accelerator pedal. I then removed the SprintBooster and the car could be driven again. I contacted SprintBooster sometime later about it but they stated none of their other customers had this same problem. I was speaking specifically for this application (2015 Honda Fit). I wasn't inquiring about anyone else either. Just letting them know what other potential customers could experience with this product on their 2015 Honda Fit CVT.

Posted about it here ~~> SprintBooster CVT

On my 2010 RAV4 though, it is a great product and works as advertised.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Yes! I worked with the SprintBooster company to try out their SprintBooster product on my CVT. I could not feel a noticable difference. It initially did not cause any problems. However, after driving for some time with it, my car started acting weird when I was travelling to a Honda Day event in Atco, New Jersey. It was so bad that I no longer could accelerate and had to pull off to the side of the road. My check engine light came on.

After checking the code, it made a reference to the accelerator pedal. I then removed the SprintBooster and the car could be driven again. I contacted SprintBooster sometime later about it but they stated none of their other customers had this same problem. I was speaking specifically for this application (2015 Honda Fit). I wasn't inquiring about anyone else either. Just letting them know what other potential customers could experience with this product on their 2015 Honda Fit CVT.

Posted about it here ~~> SprintBooster CVT

On my 2010 RAV4 though, it is a great product and works as advertised.
thanks for sharing! Also glad you were OK! Did the company investigate any further to the failure?

There is a brand called Shadow, some asian brand that makes one for our cars:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401091096872
im thinking about guineapigging it...
Im also wondering if the Pivot brand would work to?
https://pivotjp.com/product/blp/blp.html

Old 08-26-2017, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
thanks for sharing! Also glad you were OK! Did the company investigate any further to the failure?

There is a brand called Shadow, some asian brand that makes one for our cars:
NEW SHADOW E-Drive Throttle Controller For Honda Fit Jazz GK3 GK5 City GM6 HR-V
im thinking about guineapigging it...
Im also wondering if the Pivot brand would work to?
https://pivotjp.com/product/blp/blp.html
Give Shadow a try. It may work great.

Nah, they didn't investigate. They simply said that they never heard of anyone else having this same issue. I could simply re-install it and continue testing but I really didn't feel a difference with it installed. I wanted too and it probably was in my head that I did. With it installed in my RAV4, you KNOW it's there without thinking about it. All the time. Years later! I did not feel this with the 2015 CVT Fit.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:42 PM
I'm also curious about that shadow e-drive, for 100 bucks and being plug and play it seems worth a shot. If it causes any problems its not like its wired into the ecu, you just unplug it.